The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign G Anders Nilsson [2 year x $2.5M AAV]

21 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Is it a rule that only Vintage Canuck can start these threads on signings and other ones will get locked even if in first?   Didn't know this was a rule.

He's gone mad with power. He barely has time to muhaha between postings.

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

He's gone mad with power. He barely has time to muhaha between postings.

I doubt that but it is impossible to do them all with any accuracy - whatever, just seems odd and seemingly like a private board when all threads started by one person.

14 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I doubt that but it is impossible to do them all with any accuracy - whatever, just seems odd and seemingly like a private board when all threads started by one person.

I was joking.

I think a few on here know who he is. People deserve to have their anonymity, as you well know.

12 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I was joking.

I think a few on here know who he is. People deserve to have their anonymity, as you well know.

I wasn't fully joking.   It just seems impossible and a bit odd.   Not a big deal but the thought of one person starting all the threads is just a tad bizarre when the news is coming that fast and furious.    However, most certainly not an issue worth further discussion.   Will let X-Files solve it.

Small sample size, but that .923 save percentage looks pretty promising.

Even his goals against is nearly the same as some newly minted starters (Greiss, Marky Mark, Frederik Andersen), so interested to see how he does.

More importantly good thing we didn't spend big time on Miller Time but got another youngish player who could potentially be traded if assets are there.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Is it a rule that only Vintage Canuck can start these threads on signings and other ones will get locked even if in first?   Didn't know this was a rule.

You can't post a thread in the signings section tagged [Unconfirmed].  It's a section for trades and signings that are actually confirmed.  As soon as I saw those posts, I knew they'd eventually get locked.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You can't post a thread in the signings section tagged [Unconfirmed].  It's a section for trades and signings that are actually confirmed.  As soon as I saw those posts, I knew they'd eventually get locked.

That's not what the rules say.   Whatever, it just seems odd.    Not going to lose any sleep over it.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I've actually seen mods say those words before in the past so it's you vs. them.

Haven't seen a moderator chime in but moderators should not dominate by making all the threads either - that seems counter intuitive to moderating doesn't it?   Again, whatever as no harm, no foul but it does still seem really odd.

I've actually seen mods say those words before in the past so it's you vs. them.

Skip to pages 3-4 bud, it is filled with [Report], [Rumour], [Discussion], etc. You are simply wrong. I used the exact language used by Friedman, LeBrun, etc., don't know why a select few are such whiners.

Every single reported signing was confirmed. All that was required was waiting for league approval. 

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

That's not what the rules say.   Whatever, it just seems odd.    Not going to lose any sleep over it.

With the exception of tagging something as a rumour, I could start a thread with the title [Unconfirmed] Sabrefan1 buys an NHL team. 

With the exception of tagging something as a rumour, I could start a thread with the title [Unconfirmed] Sabrefan1 buys an NHL team. 

What team?   Cool bro!    Excited for you.     

Except what I posted came from actual sources. There were zero threads on both Burmistrov and Nilsson so I made threads so people could talk about it. Sorry that this made you so upset. 

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Haven't seen a moderator chime in but moderators should not dominate by making all the threads either - that seems counter intuitive to moderating doesn't it?   Again, whatever as no harm, no foul but it does still seem really odd.

If they were paid mods, I'd agree.  They're people like you and me though who enjoy the board and have volunteered their time to take on responsibility for it. 

Archived