The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A parting gift from Ryan Miller

yes we can nucks

Ryan Miller thanked the Canucks for his time in Vancouver with this cute video of his son singing O Canada.  What a class act by both father and son!

Ryan, we'll miss you.  You always conducted yourself with class while you were a Canuck.  Your save % of .914 over 3 yrs as a Canuck was amazing considering the quality of the team in front of you.  I'm glad you'll be closer with your family now.  Good luck with the Ducks, except when you play the Canucks!

https://www.nhl.com/news/ryan-miller-son-sings-o-canada-to-thank-vancouver-canucks/c-290273268?tid=281396148

A class act all the way.

I remember some of the reservations some people had about him when he was first signed. Even had a bit of a "diva" reputation. 

That couldn't have been more wrong. 

Thanks for three wonderful years, Ryan. We were glad to have you.

Classy guy. It was a pleasure watching him play the 3 years he was here. Most nights he was our best player and kept a lot of games exciting and close. As mentioned above, none of that diva nonsense. Truly a pro, sad to see him leave but happy he gets to be closer with his family now. I honestly think regardless of the Willie D. deployment debate I believe we would've won the playoff series against the Flames had Ryan not injured himself weeks before the season ended. He just didn't look right when he came back.

Anyhow, just like Sbisa, you gained a new fan here. Thanks for the 3 years!

He was always a bit sour in Buffalo and seemed so cranky in front of reporters, has a failed attempt in St. Louis and comes to Vancouver which is arguably worse than Buffalo and plays lights out. He could have kicked up a real fuss, demanded a trade, thrown his teammates under the bus on a nightly basis and become a real diva. Instead he keeps our team in games every night, stands up for rookies he'll never have to see again, does so much for the community and graciously moves on.

Have to give the guy respect. It's how you compose yourself at the end of a tenure with a team that really rings true with the fans. That's why everyone hates Kesler, loves Bieksa and should rightly so love Miller. Hopefully his message was left on the young kids and especially Markstrom.

Nothing but good things to say about Miller. What more could you ask for from a veteran goaltender to come in to a team and truly show what a professional NHL player really means. I'd have to try really hard to find something bad to say about Miller during his time here but there honestly is nothing that I can think of.

43 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

He was always a bit sour in Buffalo and seemed so cranky in front of reporters, has a failed attempt in St. Louis and comes to Vancouver which is arguably worse than Buffalo and plays lights out. He could have kicked up a real fuss, demanded a trade, thrown his teammates under the bus on a nightly basis and become a real diva. Instead he keeps our team in games every night, stands up for rookies he'll never have to see again, does so much for the community and graciously moves on.

Have to give the guy respect. It's how you compose yourself at the end of a tenure with a team that really rings true with the fans. That's why everyone hates Kesler, loves Bieksa and should rightly so love Miller. Hopefully his message was left on the young kids and especially Markstrom.

He played for a team that didn't spend any money.  Now one can speculate how much ownership is involved in the day-to-day operations (it is their money after all...), but there's one thing one can never accuse the owners of being...being cheap.  They have seemingly always given the green light on management to spend the big bucks unlike the owner of another Canadian team.

I'll admit I at first didn't like the acquisition (mainly because of the length of his deal); but his actions (on and off the ice) have really turned my feelings around the player.  We will miss his presence....

Miller was just another random goaltender before he came here, but he really surprised me with the kind of class act he is. Major respect to that man and I hope he has success with the Ducks. A Cup for him would be nice (along with Juice and Kesler).

He was overpaid to play in Vancouver but he brought class and dignity during a rough patch for the team and that can be priceless.   Franchise will miss him and hopefully Gagner, who is apparently a class act too, can fill a bit of that void.   Guddy too.    

Only thing Miller sucked at was Twitter - somehow, that bar had been set pretty high before him.

Archived