The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A parting gift from Ryan Miller

yes we can nucks

Really sad to see him go but after his end of season presser and the rumors of trading him to California at the deadline it was clear he was gonna go to California after. Which is completely fair. He deserves a chance at a cup and to be in a better situation with his family. He played hard for us and was a class act through and through. Best of luck to him going forward. 

I really like Miller in Vancouver right from the start. He is a much more consistent goaltender than Lu was and it showed especially in the 2010 Olympics. If it wasn't for Miller  I don't think USA would of come no where near close to getting into the gold medal game against Canada. He is a quality player and sad to see him go.

5 hours ago, xereau said:

Always a Canuck.

SecondTintedHornedtoad-size_restricted.g

Its ironic that this is how he stood up for a teammate who he's played with for less than a season...

....and after years of service in Buffalo, none of his teammates even threw a punch at Lucic when he blatantly ran Miller.

I probably would've left Buffalo too.

10 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Ryan Miller thanked the Canucks for his time in Vancouver with this cute video of his son singing O Canada.  What a class act by both father and son!

Ryan, we'll miss you.  You always conducted yourself with class while you were a Canuck.  Your save % of .914 over 3 yrs as a Canuck was amazing considering the quality of the team in front of you.  I'm glad you'll be closer with your family now.  Good luck with the Ducks, except when you play the Canucks!

https://www.nhl.com/news/ryan-miller-son-sings-o-canada-to-thank-vancouver-canucks/c-290273268?tid=281396148

NO WONDER VANCOUVER loves U Ryan Miller.   I wish you all the best in Anaheim.   Losing all the time is hard to stomach but it certainly was NOT because of U.    Ryan Miller, Vancouver thanks you big time.   You wore your heart on your sleeve as a Canuck. Two amazing guys in one family - who knew!!!

They should have the baby help sing the anthem when Anaheim/Millsy return to Vancouver. 

I loved the Millsy signing since day one and am utterly distraught to see him go. He always conducted himself with class and represented the team with dignity. To that point I'd like to highlight the Fort Nucks article on his return to Buffalo where he visited a local NY children's hospital he used to frequent, and he refused to have media accompany him because in his mind the visit was about the kids, not his doing a good deed. 

I am a bit disappointed by the folks who only fell in love with Miller once he stood up for Stech. By that point he had already made a long series of small gestures that in my mind had cemented him as having the heart of a Canuck. I will truly miss Ryan's affiliation with this team. But I am happy for him and his family. 

Liked him from day one and am sorry to see him go, but realize it was inevitable.  Heart and soul kinda guy.   He was amazing in some games that were in the toilet, yet he stood like a true champ in net as if it was a do or die thing.   That's how competitors roll.

Wish he and his family all the best...

11 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Ryan Miller thanked the Canucks for his time in Vancouver with this cute video of his son singing O Canada.  What a class act by both father and son!

Ryan, we'll miss you.  You always conducted yourself with class while you were a Canuck.  Your save % of .914 over 3 yrs as a Canuck was amazing considering the quality of the team in front of you.  I'm glad you'll be closer with your family now.  Good luck with the Ducks, except when you play the Canucks!

https://www.nhl.com/news/ryan-miller-son-sings-o-canada-to-thank-vancouver-canucks/c-290273268?tid=281396148

So cute! I wish him a Stanley Cup.

10 hours ago, xereau said:

Always a Canuck.

SecondTintedHornedtoad-size_restricted.g

That is priceless - the stance, the dropping of the gloves, launching himself at a guy about 50lbs bigger than himself.  The kind of moment that defines a career.

There was a bump or two in the road here, but overall, so easy to really love what Miller brought, and what a great team guy he is - despite the odd frustration with his team-mates - it was extremely clear that he was 100% invested for his team.

The way he's going out though is a real example of how to conduct yourself - he'll take a lot of Canucks fans with him as a result - a lot of us will be pulling for him (and Juice) to win a championship in Anaheim (assuming of course he doesn't face Vancouver en route).  Honorary Canadian for this gesture, and forever a Canuck.

Like many others, I moaned and complained to anybody who'd listen when they signed him but he certainly made me eat my words. :unsure:

A true pro. He came here, was paid to do a job and he did it. There must have been some nights when he wondered what the hell he'd gotten himself into and what he had to do to get out of it, but it never showed. I wish him nothing but the best.

Image result for ryan miller diving save gif

He slowly became one of my favourite players on the team these last three years. Definitely going to miss the guy. He put in effort, and was solid almost every game. All the games could've been a lot more lopsided if not for Miller. Best of luck in Anaheim, Millsy.

53 minutes ago, MNA said:

Image result for ryan miller diving save gif

He slowly became one of my favourite players on the team these last three years. Definitely going to miss the guy. He put in effort, and was solid almost every game. All the games could've been a lot more lopsided if not for Miller. Best of luck in Anaheim, Millsy.

Oh ya... I was at that game in Detroit for that save!   Has to be the only time an opposition goalie got a standing O for a save.

Archived