The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Panthers sign Alexandre Grenier

First Valk, now Grenier! The Panthers really love our guys in Utica. I wonder if there's been a push for signings of old Canucks minor leaguers by all the former writers of CanucksArmy who work for the Panthers now, just saying (lol).

That said, I always wanted to see more from Grenier. He's a big body but plays so soft. Good for him, he likely plays in the AHL next season. I doubt he cracks the Panthers roster.

Again, this frees up another Utica spot for one of our young guys. I'm curious now if the Canucks will want to sign Darren Archibald -- or we may just as well risk losing him to the *gulp* Florida Panthers *cough* if this trend continues.

Big guy with all the physical tools but never used them to their fullest - in that respect he wasn't a good model for the kids headed to Utica.  Best of luck to you in Florida Alex - perhaps they'll like your metrics better there?

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's too bad Grenier didn't work out. Canucks could use some size in their forward group. But unless the big guy can skate like the wind and provides some offence, he'll most likely never play much in the NHL.

Greniers size was useless in the lineup as he never used it to his/our advantage. 

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

First Valk, now Grenier! The Panthers really love our guys in Utica. I wonder if there's been a push for signings of old Canucks minor leaguers by all the former writers of CanucksArmy who work for the Panthers now, just saying (lol).

That said, I always wanted to see more from Grenier. He's a big body but plays so soft. Good for him, he likely plays in the AHL next season. I doubt he cracks the Panthers roster.

Again, this frees up another Utica spot for one of our young guys. I'm curious now if the Canucks will want to sign Darren Archibald -- or we may just as well risk losing him to the *gulp* Florida Panthers *cough* if this trend continues.

Was there a thread about Valk signing? I missed that happening

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Greniers size was useless in the lineup as he never used it to his/our advantage. 

1 hour ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Watch them sign Archibald next and take the Comets' entire first line from last year. :ph34r:

Could you imagine Archie's heart/soul/work ethic with Greniers physical tools - would be devastating! 

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

He averages about a hit per game. Well ahead of Hutton, stetcher and tanev. 

LOL!  Effective bottom 6 guys need to average 3-4 hits per game to be considered contributors. One hit....seriously..... 

Archived