The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Are We in on Will Butcher?

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Haven't seen this kid play. Could you kindly describe his style?

I have only seen him a couple of times but I would describe him as an excellent skater, very offensively gifted and more physical than his size would suggest. He is very good on the PP both with his shot and ability to distribute the puck to teammates. I would rate him somewhere between average and good in his own end.

On 2017-07-04 at 8:42 AM, SabreFan1 said:

I realize that, but I've been worried about the way they looked to agents and FA's when they handled the Tryamkin thing the way that they did ever since it happened.

What exactly did they do wrong? Guy shows up in poor shape. Complains about his ice time but Tanev is better defensively and Stecher is better offensively. Where does that leave Try? He's a prima donna as far as I'm concerned. Show up in shape and earn your ice time.

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

What exactly did they do wrong? Guy shows up in poor shape. Complains about his ice time but Tanev is better defensively and Stecher is better offensively. Where does that leave Try? He's a prima donna as far as I'm concerned. Show up in shape and earn your ice time.

I'd give an answer to your reply,  but even though I remember it I haven't really given the subject of Butcher or Tryamkin much thought in the month since I last posted and really don't want to re-read the whole thread just to regain my train of thought.

In the past I've done that and then found out that earlier in the thread that I've already answered the person's question(s) when the thread was still active.  That's aggravating when that happens.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'd give an answer to your reply,  but even though I remember it I haven't really given the subject of Butcher or Tryamkin much thought in the month since I last posted and really don't want to re-read the whole thread just to regain my train of thought.

In the past I've done that and then found out that earlier in the thread that I've already answered the person's question(s) when the thread was still active.  That's aggravating when that happens.

Well, I don't think they mishandled Tryamkin at all. If you need to be babied stay home with momma.

9 hours ago, Baggins said:

Well, I don't think they mishandled Tryamkin at all. If you need to be babied stay home with momma.

I've called Tryamkin a mamma's boy more than once.  That whole situation was a waste.  Hopefully by the time he wants to come back to the NHL, the Canucks won't have a need for him and his rights can be traded away for something valuable to the team.

On 7/4/2017 at 9:37 AM, DeltaSwede said:

Left handed version of Stecher, why not? 

I don't think Tryamkin choosing to return to the KHL will effect future NCAA signings. Players should understand that they have to work to gain ice time. Not just demand it because they themselves feel like they deserve it. I think most hockey players realize that. 

I agree! Pre sure he had like 16min of ice time a game and still complained too 

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

I've called Tryamkin a mamma's boy more than once.  That whole situation was a waste.  Hopefully by the time he wants to come back to the NHL, the Canucks won't have a need for him and his rights can be traded away for something valuable to the team.

Honestly I think his return to Russia really had more to do with his young bride than anything else on his list. She's young, gets married, and goes to a different continent where she doesn't speak the language and her new husband is away on the road half the time. She'd be homesick and bored. Can't hang out with other hockey wives or even watch tv. I don't see him returning anytime soon unless she learns English and possibly has kids first. But hey, you never know.

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

Honestly I think his return to Russia really had more to do with his young bride than anything else on his list. She's young, gets married, and goes to a different continent where she doesn't speak the language and her new husband is away on the road half the time. She'd be homesick and bored. Can't hang out with other hockey wives or even watch tv. I don't see him returning anytime soon unless she learns English and possibly has kids first. But hey, you never know.

I just hope that he fetches something on the NHL open market once his KHL contract is up.  I've never been a fan of counting on Russians.  They're often temperamental and can run home at the drop of a hat if things get even a little tough for them.

Archived