Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adarsh Sant

Horvat and Draisaitl (proposal)

Horvat and Draisaitl  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Im not saying it would be an absolute steal and I would prefer Horvat as I think he is the more complete player (Drai would put up more points granted). 

I am a canuck fan but by no means a homer as ill call out the team for moves I think are not good. That said I also live in a reality where we are going to suck for a while while the team slowly rebuild, and complaining because we didnt suck for 10 years so we could draft a generational talent and/or complain because we didnt sign the biggest free agents out there this July 1st because it may have helped us climb into the top 20 in standings.

Because I dont trash on the franchise, the fans, the city, the management in each and every post (like some so called fans/clowns do) does not make me a homer. 

This makes no sense, you say the Oilers wouldn't take Horvat and a first for Draisaitl but at the same time you wouldn't trade Horvat for Draisaitl straight up?  

I must be misunderstanding something, my bad. 

35 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

chicago says hi 

pittsburgh says hi

edmonton says hi and that they like the model used by these 2 teams

who have won multiple cups with it

they do not care about salary cap troubles

their priority is to win a cup .. not to have a neat and tidy salary cap structure as you assume

but be like tsn talking heads

create an artificial controversy based on an invalid premise

and flog it for all it is worth

The amount of money rumoured for McD and the fact that LD camp may want to be within a million/season or so makes this significantly different than Chicago and Pittsburgh.

Further, to say neither of those teams has to worry about cap issues is to ignore all of the moves both teams have and continue to make.   Pittsburgh's have worked better as on paper, Chicago is weaker again this year than last when they couldn't get out of first round.   

Your comparing an actual bind the Oilers are likely in with some "artificial controversy" seems a tad disingenous given it is indeed a bind for them given the Lucic contract on top of that.   Further, with all due respect to LD, he is neither Malkin to Sid nor Kane to Toews.    

7 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

This makes no sense, you say the Oilers wouldn't take Horvat and a first for Draisaitl but at the same time you wouldn't trade Horvat for Draisaitl straight up?  

I must be misunderstanding something, my bad. 

Yep exactly. Its just my personal opinion on the value of Bo, whereas I would think that the Oil would value Draisaitl quite a bit more than they would Horvat. Granted, I feel that Draisaitl has the offensive edge no doubt but I feel Bo brings more of an all-around game at this point with better leadership qualities. Of course this is just my opinion that i am sure a lot will disagree with. 

Sort of like how I think Tanev has far more value to the nucks than he would in a trade to another team. 

Just for fun.

Horvat + Tanev + ??

for

Draisaitl + Puljujärvi

15 minutes ago, aliboy said:

Just for fun.

Horvat + Tanev + ??

for

Draisaitl + Puljujärvi

I'd suspect Coiler fans wouldn't share in the "fun".

7 hours ago, Toews said:

Agreed, this franchise traded Trevor Linden and the pieces from that trade would help land the twins.

The only debatable one is the last trade. I feel like even with Draisatl this team does not have a strong enough core nor the depth to become a legitimate threat. Not having next year's pick to add to the core would hurt as well. Its a tough one for me. If they had the pieces to surround Draisatl I would strongly consider it.

I'm not so sure we don't already to be honest.  We now have prospects with good potential, and Boeser is likely to be a top line player himself imo.  With last years younger players likely improving and some quality prospects in the system I think we have enough talent on our forward lines in a couple of years.  Eriksson rebounding would be a big help too.  When and if Demko and Juolevi turn into the players we hope, that should pretty much put us in cup vying position if we had a guy like Leon leading the charge.

It's hard to put a value on these two players when neither has a signed deal. If Bo signs 5 mill and Leon 10 mill, then no way I'd even do Leon for Bo straight up.

As much as I love Horvat and know that he will one day be captain of the Canucks once the Sedins retire, I would trade him in a heartbeat for Draisaitl.

Yes, Draisaitl is playing behind McDavid but his ceiling is a lot higher than Horvat's. Draisaitl is already almost a PPG player in the NHL as a 21 year old. He is over a PPG in the playoffs (small 13 game sample size). Draisaitl at the age of 21 is a legitimate elite 1C and could turn into a franchise centreman. A 1-2-3 punch of Draisaitl, Pettersson, and Gaudette down the middle would be unreal and could make us one of the high-scoring teams in the league.

That said, there's no way I would trade Horvat and our 1st for Draisaitl, and I think that Horvat and our 2nd is still a ways off. Our 1st round pick, considering what the lottery is like nowadays, could be a top-3 selection and with some high-upside prospects this draft we should not consider trading it away.