The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Canucks Radio Broadcast Rights Holder, Sportsnet 650, Has Announced Morning Show Host

cuporbust

Hey guys ,

The new Canucks radio broadcast rights holder, Sportsnet 650, has officially announced the morning show host. The host will be former global news anchor and politician Steve Darling. It will be strange to what such a familiar news anchor voice hosting a sports show , but I think he should be a good choice. 

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/vancouver-radio-steve-darling-to-co-host-sportsnet-650-morning-show

Thoughts ? 

Screenshot_2017-07-05-14-20-51-1.png

Can't say the names draw me as I haven't heard any of them on a regular basis.  That being said, I don't have any loyalty to the current 1040 crew so I'll probably give them a try while heading to work in the morning.

3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Anything is better that that turd Dave Pratt and the super homer Bro Jake.  

That show was brutal before, then they lost Sat.   It's just in listenable now.  

Let's hope Steve can do better. 

Pratt is insufferable. And the best part of it all is he fancies himself some kind of hockey media god. 

i like tsn 1040. not sure all the hate on pratt. bro jake tries to be a sports guy lol. 

this lineup for sportsnet radio wont have me switching to them though. If it is true that Sat is joining Sportsnet, I would love to hear his show. But darling? give me a break. they could've found someone else with more appeal. 

1 hour ago, jono2009 said:

i like tsn 1040. not sure all the hate on pratt. bro jake tries to be a sports guy lol. 

this lineup for sportsnet radio wont have me switching to them though. If it is true that Sat is joining Sportsnet, I would love to hear his show. But darling? give me a break. they could've found someone else with more appeal. 

Well, I can't speak for others, but to me Pratt comes across like a pro wrestler; lots of hype, exaggeration, raising his voice, but a lot of it is fake.

C-Ball? Used to work with Don Taylor didn't he? 

It's a shame they didn't approach former sportsnet employee Don Taylor. Don is GOAT! 

Since he stopped calling the Sportsnews, I've never enjoyed it as much. He was the ultimate local host. 

WAS IT HIS LEFT HABI?! OR HIS RIGHT BULIN? 

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

I like Steve, he'll certainly be more knowledgable than Bro Jake on 1040.

and a better presentation as well

i'm so tired of hearing the repeated exasperation in the voice of Bro Jake when he spews his stuff

it's annoying

he has so little of substance to pass on, lacks knowledge when he does say things, so he seems to need to ramp up the emotive quota

i guess he knows his show is on its last legs

Archived