The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Canucks Radio Broadcast Rights Holder, Sportsnet 650, Has Announced Morning Show Host

cuporbust

3 hours ago, jono2009 said:

i like tsn 1040. not sure all the hate on pratt. bro jake tries to be a sports guy lol. 

this lineup for sportsnet radio wont have me switching to them though. If it is true that Sat is joining Sportsnet, I would love to hear his show. But darling? give me a break. they could've found someone else with more appeal. 

I never understood all the hate for 1040. People may not agree with a lot of the things being said but who cares, they're welcome to form their own opinions. All of those hosts that everyone loves to hate are just doing their jobs. They're trying to drum up discussion so they can keep things interesting, as interest = ratings and ratings = money. It doesn't matter whether you like them or not. Some of the most polarizing figures in history were people that were hated by many. Hell, look at my avator for a prime example. Conor McGregor has just as many fans as he has people that wanna see him get his face smashed in. But when it comes down to it, they're all tuning in to watch him fight. So what's the big deal? I'd rather listen to someone that was opinionated, whether I agreed with them or not, over some monotone snorefest of a host. So I really don't get it. Some people get offended WAY too easily. 

2 hours ago, apollo said:

C-Ball? Used to work with Don Taylor didn't he? 

It's a shame they didn't approach former sportsnet employee Don Taylor. Don is GOAT! 

Since he stopped calling the Sportsnews, I've never enjoyed it as much. He was the ultimate local host. 

WAS IT HIS LEFT HABI?! OR HIS RIGHT BULIN? 

Gary you dropped your __________

Any word where Stat is ending up?  Would hope he gets onto the morning show.

Also really hope they get an FM frequency also on the side, my excavator at work doesn't get any AM stations at all :(

I just hope they don't have Kypreos as a guest ever, he is the worst on the 2 networks.

2 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Steve was a sports guy on Global before becoming a news guy, so I'm ok with this. The other two meh.

I hope Sportsnet brings a big league team for the afternoon show.

He read the sports news, and he read the news, doesn't mean he's a sports guy or a news guy.

Darling will probably save the show; he's smart and he is a really nice guy.

(Pratt & Idiot are lost in the 80's; 60 years old and pretending to play the field; they're both in bed by 8:00 cuz their show starts so early.)

But I agree with previous posters, get Donny on the show, and B-Mac, and maybe Scotty Rintoul.

If they are careful, they could build a winner; key is the Canucks content rights, of course.

Also, stay to the Nux and Lions, all that baseball, basketball and NFL stuff can be left to others.

Save a lot of money not catering to that content; it just cuts into the Nux and Lions time anyway.

Keep it at home, and add the WHL and BCHL and CJFL if they need more local content.

Plus, of course, anything Canucks, can cover the world, from the preseason Orient, to European prospects and draft possibilities, and across the pond to American Academia, AHL, ECHL, back up to the rest of the CHL, just keeping up on the Canucks will be plenty.  

And all over the world includes all the time zones; and radio is cheap!  Couple guys can cover a lot over radio.

We could access Petterson's games live, for example, and that would give them at least 3 hours content at a "dead air" time of day, and please a huge audience of diverse but dedicated fans.  

Regardless of what "some posters" would have you think about our fan base, we are great fans, and we follow everything Canuck from every imaginable place.

It would be great to go back to where you could have the radio on all the time no matter where you were, and it would be all about the Canucks or the Lions.

3 hours ago, apollo said:

It's a shame they didn't approach former sportsnet employee Don Taylor. Don is GOAT! 

Since he stopped calling the Sportsnews, I've never enjoyed it as much. He was the ultimate local host. 

Yamaguchis!

I think Darling will be just fine.  

While I do think he is a little boring, he is a long time sports guy, and knows his stuff.

He is no Donny Taylor, but hell, not many people are.  

Don Taylor is like the rainman of sports. 

The facts that guy knows, and how fast he is with them all is insane. 

4 hours ago, apollo said:

Whenever brunette scores, the assists go to blondie and red head

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

It would be great to go back to where you could have the radio on all the time no matter where you were, and it would be all about the Canucks or the Lions.

Don't normally listen at night, but any time I've checked 1040 then it's never Canucks or even hockey, just baseball and other pseudo-sports that have no relevance here.  Weekends aren't much better either.  Would even rather listen to replays of shows earlier in the day that I might have missed.

I like Steve Darling.  He's a cool guy.  But I don't hate on people nearly as hard as the majority of you guys.  For those of you thinking that Steve will be this huge improvement, I watched him for years and my dad and I used to always laugh when his thoughtful comment after an interview was always "hmmm"

Many of you hate on people because you disagree with them and have a "the grass is greener" mentality.

As for me I will probably enjoy both stations and will be more than happy for yet more content

9 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Don isn't a morning guy. They haven't announce their afternoon team yet.

I feel like there's way too much water under the bridge for taylor to back to sportsnet. 

on a mostly unrelated note, does anyone know where bmac has been the last several months? early on they said he was on vacation but they haven't mentioned it at all lately that I've heard. his name is still part of the show so he hasn't officially left. 

more depression issues I wonder?

On 7/5/2017 at 2:37 PM, Fanuck said:

Meh.....this is the best they can do?  And we're supposed to be pleased because it isn't Pratt?

I'm not entirely convinced either but, hell, I'll tune into the sports show on a pro-NAMBLA station if it means I don't have to listen to Dave Pratt.

Archived