The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Canucks Radio Broadcast Rights Holder, Sportsnet 650, Has Announced Morning Show Host

cuporbust

Steve Darling made me cringe whenever he talked about sports on global, more importantly his idol Tiger Woods.  You guys are going to be massively disappointed if you think it'll be a step up from Pratt and Bro Jake.  C-Ball aside from a terrible self made nickname is alright, can't say I mind him. 

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:16 AM, kanucks25 said:

Don Taylor is just a cartoon now, well past his prime. Needs to retire. Same goes for his two buddies on the drive show.

All they do is talk about celebrities from 40 years ago and food. They seem to know very little about today's sports.

Surprised he got a new job, seems to get let go pretty quickly at most jobs 'cause the public doesn't like him very much lol.

Probably won't get as much hate on the morning show I assume the audience is more of a mature, laid-back crowd.

Agree 100%  Don Taylor went from my fav. to the worst.  The absence of B-Mac is really hurting that show, hope he is doing ok.

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:57 AM, CanadianRugby said:

I give it a week before CDC turns on them.

I already have::D

2 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

The true key to winning this battle for the imagined future will be who is the most dynamic and the most exciting; those will keep the brains and ears and eyeballs.

Intelligent commentary? Insight? Sports knowledge? Actual informed information?

:picard:

13 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'd be happy with 2/4 of those, and not hearing trade ideas from Bro Jake. 

It's sad that media seems to think that the only way to get viewers/readers/listeners/clickers is by being the loudest and and shiniest.

You can be informed and intelligent and still be funny, promote/invite discussion etc without resorting to parlor tricks and gossip magazine level sensationalism.

Way to keep that bar nice and low guys :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, WiseOne said:

So its officially confirmed today that Mr. Rintoul has moved to 650.

Should be interesting, I think I will be giving 650 way more attention than 1040, I like the cast they are bringing over.

Bit bummed Rintoul won't be doing Lions games, I thought he was great on it.

51 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

So...Walker has some interesting tweets:

From: http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/andrew-walker-s-tenure-as-vancouver-sports-talk-radio-host-off-to-rocky-start-1.21355488?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He also has some bad blood with Botch, which may go over well with many of you. 

I hope that's not an issue. 

Personally, and I know might take some flack for this, I don't like the choice of Walker. 

Am am I overly sensitive about his pro Bruins/Kesler tweets and his defense of a 5 game suspension for Keith's hit on 22? Yes.

Am I drudging up the past and refusing to let it go? Yes. 

...but I'm pretty sure both of those are allowed when your a lifelong fan of a team.

As Canucks fans we have enough haters and deal with enough thinly veiled jabs at our team. We already have to put up with Toronto based media with a heavy bias every time we turn on the TV or tune into national sources. Personally, I would like our local radio to consist of homegrown voices with a bias (we all have one) that I can relate to. 

It's local Canucks radio. At the very least we should get a local Canucks voice. IMO he's a bad choice. 

It's cool to see Steve Darling on the show after he was let go of BCTV for presumably no reason. He's not one historically to just blabber his mouth off so that's a good thing.

I don't know who the other 2 are though.

This radio station is probably gonna suck. Seeing as they are bringing in rejects and no names and some guys nobody out west has heard from as of yet.

Walker will be the anti Canucks guy while Ring tool will be the homer aka "The voice of reason"

Classic shock jock radio pairing.

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

Ah, so he's a "reject" because he lost an election and from nothing to do with sports.

To be honest, I really don't care in the end. It'll be up to him to make people like him or hate him as a radio personality. lol

On 25/07/2017 at 7:16 PM, WeneedLumme said:

I'm curious. What exactly are "rejects"? And what would be a better alternative?

Guys fired from other places.

Cybulski,Darling, lesser lights like Scott Rintoul

Dan Murphy would have been a better choice to get an MMA and local sports angle.

John Garett or Dave Randorf?

Some younger voices.. something different?

Archived