The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multi Trade - UFA signings (proposal)

So the key to this proposal is timing............just humour me, thanks!

Trade Deadline

Tanev (28)    and   Pettersson (18)     for      Trouba (24)   and   Winnipeg's 2018 1st

At the draft

M. Granlund (26)    for    Baertschi (25) and our 2018 1st

July 1st UFA's

Evander Kane (26) on a discount $6,000,000 X 6 yrs

Resign Sedin's at 1 yr each for  4,000,000

2019 starting line up

M Granlund (25)         M. Granlund (26)                          Kane(26)

Dahlen 20)                       Horvat (23)                              Breser (21)

Sedin (37)                        Sedin  (37)                              Eriksson (32)

Goldy  (22)                       Gagner  (28)                           Sutter (29)

Gaunce (24)                     Gaudette  (21)                        Virtanen (21/Lockwood (21)

Wife said I could do the defence tomorrow....I have to go to bed! Whipped! At 60!

Joulevi(20)/Edler (32)         Stecher (23)

Hutton (24)                         Trouba (23)

Del Zoto (28)                    Gudbranson (26)

Markstrom 28

Demko (22)

Ha! Ha!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Snuck it in! Before she called!

What do you think, would the moves be worth it?

No to every transaction. I think the reasons why are obvious. Indecision like this is how teams remain mediocre for decades. We're rebuilding, these transactions would be the manifestation of a serious case of identity crisis.

No to all - each one is terrible. 

Trouba is a whiner who already caused trouble for the team who drafted him.

We're not trading our 1st in the deepest/strongest draft in years. 

Kane......please.....

10 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Tanev (28)    and   Pettersson (18)     for      Trouba (24)   and   Winnipeg's 2018 1st

Tanev and Trouba is a swap or at lest not that far off, their just two different types of defense men.

Pettersson is worth more than the Jets late 1st round pick so how does that make sense?

Why would we even trade Pettersson, he is our future and will probably be better than both Granlunds!

• 3 weeks later...

That first trade is absolutely awful for us. Also I am not a fan of signing Evander for 6 years. I'd be interested in a 3 or 4 year contract.

I would like to get Granlund but have no interest in trading draft picks or futures and Minnesota is looking to win now. The only older vets we really have that hold value are on defense and Minnesota is pretty set there. 

Sedins at a year for 4 mil I'd be fine with as long as their play this year doesn't drop too dramatically and as long as there is room on the roster for them. Canucks might be tight for room on the roster though

On 7/5/2017 at 10:39 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Wife said I could do the defence tomorrow....I have to go to bed! Whipped! At 60!

Think you should have gone to bed earlier with your wife is what I think.   What you would do the the Canucks rebuild with your proposal is what could have happened to you if you had done so (I assume that still happens at 60 ::D)

Archived