The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 Canucks Young Stars - Penticton

jobird

Hey everyone looking to do the Canucks Young Stars this year, there's a presale that just happened at 10 am today.  Use code CANUCKS17 and you can get access a day earlier than everyone else. 

Just snagged center ice row 8.  Such a stupid good deal for this event.

Actually not looking forward to this event as it inevitably turns into fodder for the ubiquitous basement bloggers spewing their nonsense about how the newest Canucks first rounder isn't as strong in his first stride as Petrus Palmu or that he looked disinterested in warm-up or something like that. 

Oh who am I kidding,  it'll be nice to hear/see/talk hockey again instead of watching a web page waiting to see who signed where for how much! 

Ah that's too bad JustDean.  I've gone last number of years as well.  I remember stumbling on a promo for the last game years and years back against Winnipeg.  They had it in the small arena with only seats on one side.  Ended up only ticket available was a standing spot, but Chevaldayoff was right beside watching.  Saw Shinkaruk score a beauty roof shot.  Thought "Sweet, we got a good rookie!" lolol.  Oops.

It was pretty cool to say whoever went couple years ago seen McDavid for first pro skate.  This tourney is probably the best chance to see the next wave of talent for next to pennies with no bad seat in the place.  

Def a yearly thing for me.   Love this tourney.  Cheap tickets for viewing talent that's nearly nhl ready.  Save mcdavid who most def was ready.   

I haven't seen a list but I've read petterson and dahlen won't be do to their Swedish league starting.  

I assume from canucks it'll be boeser, demko, lind, gadovich, subban (lol), juolevi, brisebois.   Not sure about palmu.  

Can't wait.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

We have a media release to work with, so I figured it's time to start a thread. We're only about 6 weeks away!

DFwc2t2V0AAL97T.jpg

No Pettersson as his season would have started. The College guys would be exempt as well. 

I would pay money to not have to watch Logan Stanley play. Hopefully for WPG fans he takes a biiiiig step this year.

5 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

We have a media release to work with, so I figured it's time to start a thread. We're only about 6 weeks away!

DFwc2t2V0AAL97T.jpg

No Pettersson as his season would have started. The College guys would be exempt as well. 

Lol, expected to participate:

Calgary Flames - Mark Jankowski 

The famous Flames off-the-board pick. How many years ago was he drafted now? Is he even still allowed to participate? 

39 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

The famous Flames off-the-board pick. How many years ago was he drafted now? Is he even still allowed to participate? 

Yeah but we employ the guy who drafted him don't we?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all! The annual Young Stars Classic tournament begins on September 8th in Penticton. I'm from Kelowna and I'm planning on checking it out again this year. I try to make it every September to get a look at the young stars. I hear that Boeser will be attending but Pettersson will not. I'm looking forward to it! Curious if anyone on here will be attending this year. 

On 2017-07-27 at 6:41 PM, Diamonds said:

He was taken in 2012, yes is he eligible to participate

He had a VERY good season in the AHL last year (his rookie season) after completing his 4-year career in the NCAA. 

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎23 at 2:43 PM, Ursel23 said:

Hey all! The annual Young Stars Classic tournament begins on September 8th in Penticton. I'm from Kelowna and I'm planning on checking it out again this year. I try to make it every September to get a look at the young stars. I hear that Boeser will be attending but Pettersson will not. I'm looking forward to it! Curious if anyone on here will be attending this year. 

Yup. Me, my son, and a friend. The friend is an Oilers guy, though. So hopefully the baby C's can shut his mouth for awhile.

Archived