The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The next great???

On July 6, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Where'd Luongo? said:

Nolan Foote, comes into the WHL at the age of 15 and scores 35 points in 52 games. This kid is the real deal and is expected to be a top pick in 2019. I think he is going to be the next Mario Lemieux. He's already 6'3" and 177lbs, meaning he will likely grow another inch or three and will probably gain 30-40 lbs and he has ELITE skill.

Comparatively, McDavid scored 66 points in 63 games at his 15-16 year old season, but he was a January baby whereas Nolan is a November baby.

TANK FOR FOOTE 

:bigblush:

OMG Nolan is very good but not evan close to a McDavid.. Nolan has a big body but plays soft for his size...He will be a top 6 forward on a NHL team one day . I have watched Nolan in 7 games he is very good but not great.. McDavid was great at Nolan age. This 16 yr old named Newhook playing in BCJHL is amazing and he is 16 averaging 1.47 PPG

The Tkachuk boys play with grit and edge, Brady Tkachuck 6'3 in this years draft is player we would love to have..We have enough soft players.. Tkachuck boys play like there day, gritty, tough and talented..

Foote boys don't play gritty more soft as the older Foote boy Callan 6'5 212 lbs and Nolan play the same..

Wished Foote boys played with grit and edge like there dad Adam Foote..

On 20/01/2018 at 3:59 PM, wildcam said:

OMG Nolan is very good but not evan close to a McDavid.. Nolan has a big body but plays soft for his size...He will be a top 6 forward on a NHL team one day . I have watched Nolan in 7 games he is very good but not great.. McDavid was great at Nolan age. This 16 yr old named Newhook playing in BCJHL is amazing and he is 16 averaging 1.47 PPG

You waited an entire year, anyone could do what you just did. 

3 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

You waited an entire year, anyone could do what you just did. 

Sorry there are not many player at McDavids talent... You don't know much  to even consider Nolan Foote as an elite player.. As a 17 yr old he only has GP 42 G12 A 22 PTS 34...

McDavid had GP 56 __ PTS 99 as 17 yr old

No  Not everyone can average 1.47 pts like Newhook at 16 yr old is doing in the BCJHL...

Not many player every do what Newhook is doing look at previous years.. 

Newhook also is the best player on his team at 16 yrs old, ...On Kelowna you have Lind and Dube and a few other that are very very good that Nolan gets to play with..

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

Sorry there are not many player at McDavids talent... You don't know much  to even consider Nolan Foote as an elite player.. As a 17 yr old he only has GP 42 G12 A 22 PTS 34...

McDavid had GP 56 __ PTS 99 as 17 yr old

No  Not everyone can average 1.47 pts like Newhook at 16 yr old is doing in the BCJHL...

Not many player every do what Newhook is doing look at previous years.. 

Newhook also is the best player on his team at 16 yrs old, ...On Kelowna you have Lind and Dube and a few other that are very very good that Nolan gets to play with..

Ok I'll wait a year and then call you out on where Newhook is, disregarding that you are speculating from his results as a 16 year old. 

P.s. Dub players that drop down into the BCHL DOMINATE. Using his BCHL stats in direct comparison to WHL is ignorant.

3 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Ok I'll wait a year and then call you out on where Newhook is, disregarding that you are speculating from his results as a 16 year old. 

P.s. Dub players that drop down into the BCHL DOMINATE. Using his BCHL stats in direct comparison to WHL is ignorant.

Not comparing WHL to BCJHL never did I say that????? So stop saying that.

THE WHL, OHL QJHL ARE THE THREE BEST JR LEAGUES AROUND!!!!!!!

SOMEONE STATED THAT THIS NOLAN FOOTE IS THE NEXT ELETE PLAYER??????

I SAY HE IS NOT A ELITE PLAYER....I SAID NEWHOOK IS VERY IMPRESSIVE 1.44 PPG AS 16 YR OLD 2ND IN POINT IN THE LEAGUE.. TURRIS PUT UP THOSE KIND OF NUMBERS WHEN HE PLAYED IN THE BCJHL..MAYBE EVERY 7-10 YEARS A 16 YR OLD WILL DOMINATE LIKE THIS.. VERY SPECIAL PLAYER FOR A 16 YR OLD ..

THIS NEWHOOK IS A VERY SPECIAL PLAYER AND WILL DRAFTED IN THE TOP 20 FOR SURE...

SO I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE WATCHED NEWHOOK??? DON'T TALK ABOUT THINGS IF YOUR NOT SURE..

7 hours ago, wildcam said:

Not comparing WHL to BCJHL never did I say that????? 

If you want anything you say taken seriously you should refer to leagues that actually exist - which the BCJHL doesn't and hasn't for many years.   You've made this reference several times and sound very unknowledgeable about hockey every time you do it.  Even worse when you tell others not to talk about things when they're unsure about them. 

Cherry picking someone's post for criticism LONG after it was made is poor form as well - if you're kid Newhook doesn't become a phenomenon you'd better hope the archives are closed by then.

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

If you want anything you say taken seriously you should refer to leagues that actually exist - which the BCJHL doesn't and hasn't for many years.   You've made this reference several times and sound very unknowledgeable about hockey every time you do it.  Even worse when you tell others not to talk about things when they're unsure about them. 

Cherry picking someone's post for criticism LONG after it was made is poor form as well - if you're kid Newhook doesn't become a phenomenon you'd better hope the archives are closed by then.

YOUR ON DRUGS??? I SAID THERE IS A YOUNG GUY 16 YEARS OLD NAMED ALEX NEWHOOK

AVERAGING 1.49 PPG?? THIS KID HAS NATURAL TALENT, MAYBE YOU SHOULD WATCH HIM..

NOT TALKING ABOUT LEAGUES?????? YOUR VERY CONFUSED..

TALKING ABOUT ALEX NEWHOOK, GO WATCH HIM AND YOU WILL SEE....

DON'T HAVE TIME TO COME BACK AND REPLY WITH COMMENTS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT..

53 minutes ago, wildcam said:

DON'T HAVE TIME TO COME BACK AND REPLY WITH COMMENTS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT..

Hey while you're at it maybe find the 1999 draft forum and tell us about how Stefan isn't going to turn out how we expect.

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Question, what league does this Newhook kid presently play in? 

Yeah, that's what I thought.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived