The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN-TOR

Yeah Nylander is younger than Horvat and just got 61 points in his rookie year. 

He got more goals AND assists than Horvat.

He is part of their young trio which is getting them tons of $$$ in marketing.

I think TOR is gonna pass. 

And I didn't even mention the 1st rounder going back LOL.

4 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Yeah Nylander is younger than Horvat and just got 61 points in his rookie year. 

He got more goals AND assists than Horvat.

He is part of their young trio which is getting them tons of $$$ in marketing.

I think TOR is gonna pass. 

And I didn't even mention the 1st rounder going back LOL.

Matthews will get 12-13M per

Will they be able to keep the trio around long term and ice a competitive roster. Tanev would do wonders for their backend

1 hour ago, Hortankin said:

Will they be able to keep the trio around long term and ice a competitive roster. Tanev would do wonders for their backend

Matthews is on a tier lower than McDavid. He and Eichel will slot it somewhere around 10-11M.

This is why they are building up their prospect pool and their organizational depth. They will lose Bozak and JVR this year and replace them with the depth they have in their prospect pool. Many of their prospects really deserve more NHL time than they have gotten thus far. For example Josh Leivo had 10 points in 13 games last season.

The Hawks perfected the strategy of internally replacing your role players and not overpaying them. Most teams seem to be following their example. Pay your core players and replace the other pieces around them by drafting and through free agency. The Canucks will hopefully be in a similar position with guys like Pettersson, Horvat, Juolevi, Boeser, where they will demand big money because their performance dictates a big pay raise. That is a good thing. Never be afraid of paying your best players, its the role players you should be concerned with overpaying.

1 hour ago, Hortankin said:

It doesn't matter if they can or can't.  If they can't someone else else will give a much better offer than that. Sven and Tanev doesn't even get you Nylander alone. Plus Matthews isn't getting more than McDavid 

55 minutes ago, HockeydownUnder said:

It doesn't matter if they can or can't.  If they can't someone else else will give a much better offer than that. Sven and Tanev doesn't even get you Nylander alone. Plus Matthews isn't getting more than McDavid 

When Matthews gets 50 goals and 100 pts next year, everyone will realize he is a lot closer to McAssist than they wanted to admit. 

37 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

When Matthews gets 50 goals and 100 pts next year, everyone will realize he is a lot closer to McAssist than they wanted to admit. 

I don't think Matthews will get 100 points next season but I don't think its out of the question. I'm thinking closer to 45/95. He's an exceptional player and will probably get around 11 mil on his next contract

29 minutes ago, HockeydownUnder said:

I don't think Matthews will get 100 points next season but I don't think its out of the question. I'm thinking closer to 45/95. He's an exceptional player and will probably get around 11 mil on his next contract

Remember McDavid took less than was expected. You can't just assume Matthews will do the same

1 minute ago, Hortankin said:

Remember McDavid took less than was expected. You can't just assume Matthews will do the same

I'm not assuming he is going to take less. If he refuses to take less he could make upwards of 12 or possibly even 12.5 if he has a better season. It would take a 50/100 season out him though to get more than Mcdavid and that's assuming he doesn't take a discount.

Last year he had 40 goals but only 29 assists. If he ends up around 40 goals and 40 assists this year I'd put him around the 11.5 mark. Another 15 points or so and he'd be making Mcdavid money in my opinion

4 hours ago, zzbottom said:

I seriously doubt Matthews gets 100 points next year. That's a 31 point improvement over this season. If McJesus played his full rookie year he would have finished with 85ish points. I could maybe see Matthews finishing with a Point Per Game but I would not bet on him eclipsing one hundo. Eichel is a more fair comparison for Matthews. Eichel was on pace for almost 80 points this past season after finishing his rookie year with 56 points. I'd even argue Eichel would have had a better rookie year if his team wasn't as bad.

11 hours ago, Hortankin said:

60+ points already do wonders on their front end.

7 minutes ago, GoBoGo53 said:

Toronto wouldn't trade Nylander for anything the Canucks have. He's a 61 pt rookie who just won WHC MVP. 

It's okay JB passed on Nylander because the player is clearly a Mcsofty.  We don't want the Double Flamingo, for free!  

Toronto

JVR + 2018 1st + Carrick + Horton...............................................Toronto pays through the nose,(Horton's on LTIR we just have to clear him at the start of the season)

Vancouver

Tanev + A. Pedan + Cassels..........................................................Pedan and Cassels equal Carrick. Carrick fills Tanev's position short term

Mtl ..................................................................................................Mtl needs goals JVR signs a 5 yrs at $6,000,000 per.....They are in a win now mode

2018 1st + Juulsen  + Schiemko....................................................Juulsen isn't thought of as strong as he was, but still a good piece

Vancouver

JVR + Edler.....................................................................................JVR is just a means to an end, Edler moves cap and age out.

Out: Tanev, Edler (Pedan + Cassels)

In :  Toronto's 2018 1st, Mtl's 2018 1st, Carrick, Juulsen, Schienko, Horton

Horrible trade for the now.......flattens us, but we have lots of LHD to replace Edler, maybe not all his minutes but this will be short term

...................Loosing Tanev may sound tough but its for the future, this gives us more prospects in the cupboard

...................Having multiple firsts (3) + the high second in a strong deep draft, loads us up now youth, and allows those picks to ripen earlier

then waiting for us to draft them in future rounds with our own picks

I know........go ahead!

Archived