The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ghosts and other unexplainables

Ryanstorm

I went to a known haunted house in San Diego a few weeks ago. I went through the whole thing taking photos with my phone. When I looked through the view finder into one of the bedrooms I saw a bright greenish-white ball of light quickly zoom in and out of the room. I was holding my phone in front of me, so I could see it wasn't in the room with me per se, only showed up through the phone. It doesn't show up in any pictures. Later (without prompting from me) one of the docents mentioned people sometimes see green orbs in the house. 

1 hour ago, aliboy said:

I am aware of one real haunting. People I knew moved into a house where the previous owner had passed away in the house and they experienced substantial activity, including a roast beef flipping off a dinner table with multiple witnesses when a dinner guest told the ghost, named Wendy, that he wanted to "do her". I did not witness this myself but this was at a dinner party with many guests, probably 12-14 people. They eventually had to find the woman's children, bring them to the home to talk to their mom after which it all stopped. This occured in Victoria. I knew these people well.

Maybe the ghost wanted to give you a Baconator?

Ok I will share my story, it's not the only one but it was the most recent and still was a number of years ago

So like I said this happened a number of years ago, probably about 5 or 6 now. I went to the BC Maritime Museum in Victoria when it was still in Bastion Square (it has since moved). The building it used to occupy was the old Victoria Courthouse. Now I went here about an hour or so before it was set to close and so there weren't too many people around. I had explored pretty much the whole building except the very top floor (This is where the courtroom was). As I am walking up the stairs I hear lots of voices, I remember thinking to myself wow this is where all the people are at, it must be the best part of the museum. I had guessed in my head that there was probably about thirty people up there just based on the murmuring of the voices. So I get to the top of the stairs and turn into the courtroom doors and all the voices instantly stop. There was no one in the room at all. It felt like there were people looking at me. I was just frozen in place for what seemed like a minute or so with my adrenaline starting to pump (I actually get this feeling around snakes too but that's a different story). I finally compose myself enough to back the eff up out of this room as soon as I crossed the threshold of the courtroom I turned and started to run back down the stairs. 

I actually heard the voices start back up again while I was running down the stairs. I never went back. Later I found out that many people do believe this building to be haunted as there were multiple people condemned to death by hanging in bastion square at that courthouse. 

I've seen some UFOs in the sky over the last 3 years.. Once in Red Deer.. a great glowing streak came down out of the clouds.. weaved in an S type shape and went back up.. Was quite fast.. Another was in Saskatoon at about 8am.. clear skies.. bright light came from behind me.. made a hard turn and went up and was gone. And where I am, last summer seen two objects in the distance that were somewhat side by side.. moving in one direction.. And made a complete 45 degree turn and moved in another. One 'UFO' i witnessed I did solve on my own.. Clued in later on that it was just the ISS. lol.

1 hour ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Correct... what the fk is wrong with bread and butter pickles on a burger?

Dill for me, please.  I really love the ones on White Spot burgers.  Just that little bit of warmth from being on the bun, mmmmm.

Gotta hit the Spot every time I get back up there.  Hopefully more than once.

11 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

I went to a known haunted house in San Diego a few weeks ago. I went through the whole thing taking photos with my phone. When I looked through the view finder into one of the bedrooms I saw a bright greenish-white ball of light quickly zoom in and out of the room. I was holding my phone in front of me, so I could see it wasn't in the room with me per se, only showed up through the phone. It doesn't show up in any pictures. Later (without prompting from me) one of the docents mentioned people sometimes see green orbs in the house. 

So you went to a Haunted House taking pictures on your phone, i would've pissed my pants if I heard a door creak.

19 hours ago, Ryanstorm said:

Have you seen anything unexplainable? Not like, why people put pickles on burgers? More like the typicals.. (ghosts/ufo/myths) I had something strange happen this morning and many times in my life. I'm not sure what I believe in but I do know I believe in something that is unexplainable. Any stories?

You can't offer up that tidbit without delivering on it.

I've had a few incidents that have been in the realm of unexplained.

I used to work for a moving company years ago and we had removed three truckloads of modular office panels and chairs from a BC Hydro building in Burnaby. We were given the address of 2601 Lougheed Highway in Coquitlam to deliver the equipment to, which is Riverview Hospital.

We called ahead and the contact person met us at the entry gate. They directed us to a building downslope from the main hall, referred to as a cabin. It was a two level, empty barracks-type of building with windows throughout. We began offloading of the furniture and placed it all in three rooms on the main floor. (Yes the Liberal government used nearly 70% of the buildings in Riverview to store office furniture instead of housing people with mental illness, but I digress).

Once we were done we heard something rattling in a room adjacent to one we had just filled with office chairs. Upon entry to the room, I noticed that some of the blinds were moving, but after inspecting, all windows in the room were closed. Within the room was an incubator, and ten wheelchairs equipped with restraints from the wrist to the shoulder, and ankle to the thigh.

I made my way out of the room and to a set of double doors, which I opened. These doors were to the stairwell leading to the second floor. The walls of the stairwell were covered with scrawled writing, handprints and what I believe might have been blood, however it was waaay up near the ceiling, so I couldn't get close enough to look, and forgot my ladder.

I could hear something moving on the floor above and being the curious type, made my way to the top floor to see. I opened the double doors and walked through. The floor was completely empty. The floors bore marks of where dozens of beds once were. I noticed something on a window in the far side of the room, and walked towards it. As I got closer, I realized that it was a small teddy bear with a perfect noose tied around it's neck with the other end tied to the sliding lock on the window.

I gingerly made my way back down the stairs and joined the rest of the moving crew who were outside getting ready to leave. I noticed that everyone was out, and turned to shut the door and lock it. Upon facing the door, I saw a figure standing facing me, which abruptly moved behind the door. I called out to the figure not sure if it was one of our guys, but no one answered. I walked in and looked behind the door, and nothing. I shut that mofo and locked it in probably a millisecond and sprinted to the truck. I've talked to other people who have done asbestos and lead abatement in the main building, and they've said that they have encountered very malevolent energy there.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You can't offer up that tidbit without delivering on it.

I've had a few incidents that have been in the realm of unexplained.

I used to work for a moving company years ago and we had removed three truckloads of modular office panels and chairs from a BC Hydro building in Burnaby. We were given the address of 2601 Lougheed Highway in Coquitlam to deliver the equipment to, which is Riverview Hospital.

We called ahead and the contact person met us at the entry gate. They directed us to a building downslope from the main hall, referred to as a cabin. It was a two level, empty barracks-type of building with windows throughout. We began offloading of the furniture and placed it all in three rooms on the main floor. (Yes the Liberal government used nearly 70% of the buildings in Riverview to store office furniture instead of housing people with mental illness, but I digress).

Once we were done we heard something rattling in a room adjacent to one we had just filled with office chairs. Upon entry to the room, I noticed that some of the blinds were moving, but after inspecting, all windows in the room were closed. Within the room was an incubator, and ten wheelchairs equipped with restraints from the wrist to the shoulder, and ankle to the thigh.

I made my way out of the room and to a set of double doors, which I opened. These doors were to the stairwell leading to the second floor. The walls of the stairwell were covered with scrawled writing, handprints and what I believe might have been blood, however it was waaay up near the ceiling, so I couldn't get close enough to look, and forgot my ladder.

I could hear something moving on the floor above and being the curious type, made my way to the top floor to see. I opened the double doors and walked through. The floor was completely empty. The floors bore marks of where dozens of beds once were. I noticed something on a window in the far side of the room, and walked towards it. As I got closer, I realized that it was a small teddy bear with a perfect noose tied around it's neck with the other end tied to the sliding lock on the window.

I gingerly made my way back down the stairs and joined the rest of the moving crew who were outside getting ready to leave. I noticed that everyone was out, and turned to shut the door and lock it. Upon facing the door, I saw a figure standing facing me, which abruptly moved behind the door. I called out to the figure not sure if it was one of our guys, but no one answered. I walked in and looked behind the door, and nothing. I shut that mofo and locked it in probably a millisecond and sprinted to the truck. I've talked to other people who have done asbestos and lead abatement in the main building, and they've said that they have encountered very malevolent energy there.

You're freaking me out Phil. But you're way too curious man, you're like the first guy to go in a horror movie. 

I have no doubt that you perceived all of this, but don't you think given the freaky surroundings that the figure was something your mind could have created? 

Archived