The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ghosts and other unexplainables

Ryanstorm

In my second year in university upon the insistence of a friend I decided to move into an apartment with him a little ways off of campus. My room had a balcony facing a graveyard. At night it was a little creepy to look at, but it didn't really bother me. Anyways right around the time the semester was coming to an end I woke up one night and I couldn't move a muscle, there was also the feeling that I wasn't alone and that there was something inside my head. I remember putting every bit of my energy trying to regain control of my body as I genuinely believed that something was trying to take control of me. We ended up moving out of that apartment at the end of the semester, not because of this incident but because of problems with the landlord. I was glad to leave though as after that I just never felt comfortable there again. It likely wasn't anything other than sleep paralysis and I probably psyched myself out when I woke up to that. But I can't shake the feeling that there was something in my head with me at the time. I have lived in a few apartments since that time but every time I look for a place I make sure that there is no graveyard anywhere close by.

When I was younger (maybe middle school aged?) I was sitting there playing on my computer when I began to hear faint sounds coming from the speakers. Coming through the static, it sounded like an upset woman crying, and a really angry man yelling. I thought I could hear another woman speaking faintly too. It was weird though because my speakers/volume actually weren't turned on, and I wasn't online (meaning it wasn't a hidden pop up ad, etc.). It stopped when I shut my computer off. Never happened again. 

sometime, after my wife died, i dreamt that i was lying in bed, i felt someone lying beside me. i couldn't move or see who it was, but i was kissed on the lips.  when i woke up, i could still feel a pressure on my lips. i always wondered if it was my wife, bidding me farewell. i like to think so. 

6 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

sometime, after my wife died, i dreamt that i was lying in bed, i felt someone lying beside me. i couldn't move or see who it was, but i was kissed on the lips.  when i woke up, i could still feel a pressure on my lips. i always wondered if it was my wife, bidding me farewell. i like to think so. 

I think it was, Joe. One day she'll be greeting you again. 

On 7/14/2017 at 0:40 AM, Qwags said:

Today at Tim's, a woman ordered a decaf coffee a shot of espresso. Didn't know what to make of it.

Hahahahaha, my mother is similar to that. She orders non caffeinated, no sugar, no a bunch of other things coffee. Whenever I go to Starbucks and she is at my place, I just bring the list written down on a piece of paper and present it to the Barista

28 minutes ago, CowBoyCoyote said:

i don't like this thread when i'm in bed

LOL, I was reading this last night, was feeling the same way as you. Some of these ghost stories are scary like Toews and Phillip's.

8 hours ago, smithers joe said:

This post made me sad :(

On 2017-07-15 at 10:43 AM, smithers joe said:

Who the heck is cutting onions in here today...:(

Before I got lazy and Translink wasn't a crap show, I'd take the bus to work.  

I'd be waiting for the bus pretty early, maybe 545/600 am.  Every now and then I'd see lights in the sky moving about.  

They usually turned out to be high flying aircraft, satellites or even the ISS.  

But now and then some of them would take really sharp turns, then speed off in a blink.   I've even seen some cross each others path.  

As for ghost or anything like that, I never seen one myself.  But I've always thought I clould feel the "energy" in a certain room or area. 

Call me insane (my wife does :lol:) but I knew the Canucks would not win game 7 100% because I could swear I felt negative energy throughout the city the day of the game. 

On 2017-07-13 at 1:48 PM, bishopshodan said:

I suffer from sleep paralysis. Don't get it as much now that I'm older. I kept it to myself mostly until I was in my 20's. I didn't know if I was a crack pot or what but it did do one positive thing for me. For those of you who know, It's some scary stuff. Because it was soo scary it helped me not sweat the threatening things I would run into in my daily life. I like to think it makes me stronger.

I bring this up cause I recently saw a bad doc 'Nightmares' on netflix about this. A lot of the show they talk about the supernatural beliefs connected to this condition. I think it is simply a medical issue that they haven't figured out yet. But it is nice to find out after all this time that it is actually at thing and that I'm not craycray..

I used to have that a lot. Heart pounding out adrenaline, but you can move. Eventually I trained my wife to wake me by breathing a certain way, deep as I could, it was all I could do in that state. Just stuck there, scared out of my mind, in some horrible nightmare thing.

The mind is capable of all sorts, especially suggestive imagery and it has endless capacity of imagination. The mind creates an image and the body responds. I don't believe in ghosts, as in dead people, at all. 

On 2017-07-14 at 1:07 AM, Silky mitts said:

about some last time .. there was this eerie floater on the team by the name of megna, didn't know what to think of it but then I noticed he would disappear for entire games at a time

It's a Canucks curse.

there was also the samuelsson ghost and there is now the Lui ghost.

When I was about ten I started cutting a neighbours lawn on Saturdays.  The married couple were older - great, friendly people.  

Probably two years went by and one night I had a dream where I went to their property and the wife spoke to me from inside a window.  Fairly normal except I almost always talked to the man each Saturday over a Diet Pepsi after I cut the lawn.  And he was not in the dream.

the next morning after the dream I went upstairs for brekky  and my my mom was at the top of the landing after just hanging up the phone.

the look on her face.....I knew.

the old gent had died that night.

Archived