The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Photography chat and shares

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Wow.  For real.

Back later, but mine are NOT like this.  Amazing.

Since the old thread died down, and with the advent of 16 and 24.4 MP sensors in phones now I'd actually expect to see a lot of people contributing to this thread.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Since the old thread died down, and with the advent of 16 and 24.4 MP sensors in phones now I'd actually expect to see a lot of people contributing to this thread.

My camera is only 10.1 MP..... :ph34r:

11953547_10153314623258509_7949152862728393934_o (2).jpg

Osore-san.... :(

Edited by Lancaster
  • Upvote 2

• -SN- changed the title to Photography chat and shares
9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Is....is that racism?

We don't take to that kind of Canon user talk around here

Had to google to figure out what you were talking about, lol. 

I have no idea about photography, I just point and shoot.  I usually have an idea on what I want the picture to look like and I just try to figure out a way to get it shot.

The photo in question was just a shot taken at Osorezan, just a little (and old) toy bus on top of the little grave/memorial.  Probably placed their by the parents years ago.  I have no connection to it whatever, but the pictures always moves me a bit.  Perhaps it's just black/white/red colour pallet invoking the sombre atmosphere of the location, or just I think it's some parents putting a toy for their child to play with in the afterlife. 

And btw, it's a Pentax ;)

• Upvote 1

Beach by my place:

kaflw1.jpg

I'm experimenting and still new at this. Haven't looked into the settings on my camera yet either, just using the auto mode but that will change soon. Ready to learn. I see everything I want to change in the pic but am unfortunately unable to drag the mountains closer with my bare hands.

Used a little free picture viewer program named IrfanView to add the frame but am all ears for editing program suggestions from you experts.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Svengali said:

Beach by my place:

kaflw1.jpg

I'm experimenting and still new at this. Haven't looked into the settings on my camera yet either, just using the auto mode but that will change soon. Ready to learn. I see everything I want to change in the pic but am unfortunately unable to drag the mountains closer with my bare hands.

Used a little free picture viewer program named IrfanView to add the frame but am all ears for editing program suggestions from you experts.

The current end all be all is the creative cloud bundle with Lightroom and Photoshop.  MacPhun and Luminar have taken the place of the soon to be dead NIK bundle, OnOne is still a decent program to use but better in conjunction with Adobes Lightroom and Photoshop.

At days end LR and PS through the CC bundle is the industry bench as it is.

As for shooting in Auto, try P (priority) and look at the historgram or details of your shot including shuter speed and aperture.  It will be more beneficial than using A (Aperture) or S (Shutter) priority modes to learn what the shooting conditions are when you're getting the shot

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Svengali said:

Beach by my place:

kaflw1.jpg

use manual and use manual focus helps u really learn to use your camera proper way