The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Photography chat and shares

25 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

i LOVE street photography, but having a DSLR instead of something like a micro 4/3s or a mirrorless makes it hard due to the size of it.

Yeah, those were all a 6 Mega pixel digi.  I have an SLR now, but sooo much harder to frame pics in a hurry.

You like nature shots. Here is a few...

DSCF6313.thumb.JPG.03a2d58e5498b230e99c348d2239e75a.JPGDSCF6570.thumb.JPG.c8e59d95b3f8965158517c79f98e54e5.JPGDSCF6665.thumb.JPG.d36e112c4019856ed43b1f455c5f6e98.JPGDSCF6592.thumb.JPG.70e4530adc96a7d1c7fe5aecb80c6315.JPG

DSCF6578.JPG

DSCF5042.JPG

DSCF6096.JPG

DSCF6577.JPG

DSCF6576.JPG

DSCF4848.JPG

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Yeah, those were all a 6 Mega pixel digi.  I have an SLR now, but sooo much harder to frame pics in a hurry.

You like nature shots. Here is a few...

DSCF6313.thumb.JPG.03a2d58e5498b230e99c348d2239e75a.JPGDSCF6570.thumb.JPG.c8e59d95b3f8965158517c79f98e54e5.JPGDSCF6665.thumb.JPG.d36e112c4019856ed43b1f455c5f6e98.JPGDSCF6592.thumb.JPG.70e4530adc96a7d1c7fe5aecb80c6315.JPG

DSCF6578.JPG

DSCF5042.JPG

DSCF6096.JPG

DSCF6577.JPG

DSCF6576.JPG

DSCF4848.JPG

Pretty sure I dated that last one as a younger hippy

17 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

LOL, that one was actually a Zoo shot.  I like the pic, but my wife has never let me put it up on the wall for some reason? :huh:

It's a pretty black mark on her taste, a black mark indeed around the groinal area of a monkey :P 

1 hour ago, StealthNuck said:

@Warhippy do you have any recommended resources for working in Lightroom? I shoot RAW but I've never felt like I'm getting everything I can out of it. You seem to have that process fairly dialed in. 

Resources such as learning tutorials or locations or?

I've been using it fairly religiously as my starting point to my work flow for 5 years and am still learning new things all the time.  Shoot me an example of what you mean I'll try to help you through it :)

On 7/24/2017 at 1:43 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

Do you mean you frame it faster on your phone?  I love using my DSLR to frame the shot the way I want, and getting it right on my phone is a pain in the butt.  However, my phone is a POS, and my hands often shake (ain't that great for taking pics!), so perhaps having the larger, heavier DSLR helps me more than the average person.

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting here patiently waiting for the Nikon D850 to release....last camera I will ever buy with that name unless they fix their issues.  Still better than Canon at the moment that is shoving out cameras that don't compare to models made 5 years ago.

Still not a Sony though

Finally got back into the darkroom this weekend. Forgot how much fun it is to take the time to make b&w prints with the old chemistry and it turns out you can do it in an apartment bathroom! I think we set a new record on using old photo paper, we had about 1/2 a box of multigrade paper we bought in 2009, and it still worked. A bit cloudy but fine for what we were printing.

For anyone looking to get into a basic darkroom, this guy "Darkroom Dave" has some fantastic video's to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCESPWjbhrablmq90n-3YEhg

• Upvote 1

Starting to get worried about not seeing the Perseids this year due to this smoke cover.  Have scouted an area for a full moon shot for months and last night was literally perfect for it but could not see the moon at all due to the smoke.  Hoping we get some clear skies soon....

Image may contain: sky, night, outdoor, nature and water

41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Starting to get worried about not seeing the Perseids this year due to this smoke cover.  Have scouted an area for a full moon shot for months and last night was literally perfect for it but could not see the moon at all due to the smoke.  Hoping we get some clear skies soon....

Image may contain: sky, night, outdoor, nature and water

I think you're going to have a better chance at getting something interesting for the partial eclipse we'll see in BC. Could make for some crazy lighting if the smoke is still around.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/canada/vancouver