Sign in to follow this  
canuktravella

Photography chat and shares

On 11/16/2018 at 5:25 PM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I got a Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone for ~$55 a month on a contract deal and I'm blown away by how good the camera is for a smartphone. Especially in low light. Really smart AI processing.

I'll try to get some images posted in the next couple of days after I've had a chance to play around with it.

I just bought a google pixel 3.  I enjoy the camera in it but can see problems with the images due to the sensor sizes.  Over sharpening decreased sharpness in RAW files attributed to that size etc.

Love where it's going.  

But mirrorless cameras...now the big 3 are all in the mirrorless markets and it's uber intriguing

801653340_TonquinBeachSunset(193)-Pano-2.thumb.jpg.bf92e6ccedd2f1f72c70387336961b6c.jpg220412228_TonquinBeachSunset(183)-Pano-2.thumb.jpg.03fcd5e87b4da5209c5014afcc76b478.jpg

Tonquin Beach in Tofino.  Love Tuff city for shooting.  Shot on a Nikon D850, lens was a Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8g edited in LR 

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

801653340_TonquinBeachSunset(193)-Pano-2.thumb.jpg.bf92e6ccedd2f1f72c70387336961b6c.jpg220412228_TonquinBeachSunset(183)-Pano-2.thumb.jpg.03fcd5e87b4da5209c5014afcc76b478.jpg

Tonquin Beach in Tofino.  Love Tuff city for shooting.  Shot on a Nikon D850, lens was a Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8g edited in LR 

I hear there is a lunar eclipse tomorrow night.  Don't know if it is worth trying to shoot it, but thought I would mention it in case someone like you w more experience would want to try.

39 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I hear there is a lunar eclipse tomorrow night.  Don't know if it is worth trying to shoot it, but thought I would mention it in case someone like you w more experience would want to try.

Already planned out.  Hoping for clear skies

• Hydration 1

So how'd the lunar eclipse wind up for everyone?  I actually intentionally skipped it and instead went driving for a location that the full moon would backlight well.  Think I made the right choice.  The endless parade of the exact same photos has worn me out.  

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

So how'd the lunar eclipse wind up for everyone?  I actually intentionally skipped it and instead went driving for a location that the full moon would backlight well.  Think I made the right choice.  The endless parade of the exact same photos has worn me out.  

Weird, I pick up my phone, and you posted at the same time.

Enjoyed the view, had some clouds here, but they were zipping by, so were not an issue.  Had no plans to shoot, just walked and enjoyed it.

Had a couple jets on approach that passed nearby the moon while we were out... woulda looked cool if that was doable, but no idea how hard it would have been to get a good shot.  Also no idea that they would be on that path, even if I was shooting.

Just now, Kragar said:

Weird, I pick up my phone, and you posted at the same time.

Enjoyed the view, had some clouds here, but they were zipping by, so were not an issue.  Had no plans to shoot, just walked and enjoyed it.

Had a couple jets on approach that passed nearby the moon while we were out... woulda looked cool if that was doable, but no idea how hard it would have been to get a good shot.  Also no idea that they would be on that path, even if I was shooting.

Oh I could have snagged some beautiful shots.  Daniel Greenwood actually nailed it (amazing photographer/digital artist) with some gems.

But by and large Nikon and Sony's new Point and Shoot SLR's dominated my feed today and ALL of the shots were essentially identical.  I drove to Anarchist summit and instead took shots of the cathedrals covered in snow behind Osoyoos with the moon lighting them.  It was a solid series of shots.

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh I could have snagged some beautiful shots.  Daniel Greenwood actually nailed it (amazing photographer/digital artist) with some gems.

But by and large Nikon and Sony's new Point and Shoot SLR's dominated my feed today and ALL of the shots were essentially identical.  I drove to Anarchist summit and instead took shots of the cathedrals covered in snow behind Osoyoos with the moon lighting them.  It was a solid series of shots.

Hope you'll share some here when they're ready... sounds cool

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Hope you'll share some here when they're ready... sounds cool

Totally will when I edit them.

Using a Nikon D3400 with a 18-55mm lens. As noobish as it gets.

I took these photos and edited them in a combination of Lightroom and Photoshop. 
Maybe a bit too over contrasted? 

untitled-.jpg

untitled (1 of 1).jpg

untitled.jpg

20180708-DSC_0204-Edit.jpg

• Upvote 1