Sign in to follow this  
canuktravella

Photography chat and shares

Recommended Posts

On 11/16/2018 at 5:25 PM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I got a Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone for ~$55 a month on a contract deal and I'm blown away by how good the camera is for a smartphone. Especially in low light. Really smart AI processing.

 

I'll try to get some images posted in the next couple of days after I've had a chance to play around with it.

I just bought a google pixel 3.  I enjoy the camera in it but can see problems with the images due to the sensor sizes.  Over sharpening decreased sharpness in RAW files attributed to that size etc.

 

Love where it's going.  

 

But mirrorless cameras...now the big 3 are all in the mirrorless markets and it's uber intriguing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

801653340_TonquinBeachSunset(193)-Pano-2.thumb.jpg.bf92e6ccedd2f1f72c70387336961b6c.jpg220412228_TonquinBeachSunset(183)-Pano-2.thumb.jpg.03fcd5e87b4da5209c5014afcc76b478.jpg

 

Tonquin Beach in Tofino.  Love Tuff city for shooting.  Shot on a Nikon D850, lens was a Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8g edited in LR 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

801653340_TonquinBeachSunset(193)-Pano-2.thumb.jpg.bf92e6ccedd2f1f72c70387336961b6c.jpg220412228_TonquinBeachSunset(183)-Pano-2.thumb.jpg.03fcd5e87b4da5209c5014afcc76b478.jpg

 

Tonquin Beach in Tofino.  Love Tuff city for shooting.  Shot on a Nikon D850, lens was a Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8g edited in LR 

I hear there is a lunar eclipse tomorrow night.  Don't know if it is worth trying to shoot it, but thought I would mention it in case someone like you w more experience would want to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I hear there is a lunar eclipse tomorrow night.  Don't know if it is worth trying to shoot it, but thought I would mention it in case someone like you w more experience would want to try.

Already planned out.  Hoping for clear skies

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how'd the lunar eclipse wind up for everyone?  I actually intentionally skipped it and instead went driving for a location that the full moon would backlight well.  Think I made the right choice.  The endless parade of the exact same photos has worn me out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

So how'd the lunar eclipse wind up for everyone?  I actually intentionally skipped it and instead went driving for a location that the full moon would backlight well.  Think I made the right choice.  The endless parade of the exact same photos has worn me out.  

Weird, I pick up my phone, and you posted at the same time.

 

Enjoyed the view, had some clouds here, but they were zipping by, so were not an issue.  Had no plans to shoot, just walked and enjoyed it.

 

Had a couple jets on approach that passed nearby the moon while we were out... woulda looked cool if that was doable, but no idea how hard it would have been to get a good shot.  Also no idea that they would be on that path, even if I was shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kragar said:

Weird, I pick up my phone, and you posted at the same time.

 

Enjoyed the view, had some clouds here, but they were zipping by, so were not an issue.  Had no plans to shoot, just walked and enjoyed it.

 

Had a couple jets on approach that passed nearby the moon while we were out... woulda looked cool if that was doable, but no idea how hard it would have been to get a good shot.  Also no idea that they would be on that path, even if I was shooting.

Oh I could have snagged some beautiful shots.  Daniel Greenwood actually nailed it (amazing photographer/digital artist) with some gems.

 

But by and large Nikon and Sony's new Point and Shoot SLR's dominated my feed today and ALL of the shots were essentially identical.  I drove to Anarchist summit and instead took shots of the cathedrals covered in snow behind Osoyoos with the moon lighting them.  It was a solid series of shots.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh I could have snagged some beautiful shots.  Daniel Greenwood actually nailed it (amazing photographer/digital artist) with some gems.

 

But by and large Nikon and Sony's new Point and Shoot SLR's dominated my feed today and ALL of the shots were essentially identical.  I drove to Anarchist summit and instead took shots of the cathedrals covered in snow behind Osoyoos with the moon lighting them.  It was a solid series of shots.

 

Hope you'll share some here when they're ready... sounds cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Hope you'll share some here when they're ready... sounds cool

Totally will when I edit them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using a Nikon D3400 with a 18-55mm lens. As noobish as it gets.

I took these photos and edited them in a combination of Lightroom and Photoshop. 
Maybe a bit too over contrasted? 

untitled-.jpg

untitled (1 of 1).jpg

untitled.jpg

20180708-DSC_0204-Edit.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Love the talent on this forum. I’m a bit of a photo nut myself and here are a few goodies

 

 

E5DBACA4-4973-47AC-9F6B-CAF3C36E5004.jpeg

Bloedel Conservatory/fountain at Queen E Park

DA9DA47F-7685-4A87-BE14-BD21F2825290.jpeg

Salish Trail from Spanish Banks to Pacific Spirit Park

255C375B-C16F-4F85-AB8B-7AA46D2B4E7E.jpeg

Southside of Whistler Peak looking out at Garibaldi Park

261C4DCB-0BB0-48FF-9622-77FA4E85C570.jpeg

Used the Prisma app for this picture looking at the top of Whistler

69DEC941-74A0-4C5A-AF2E-939BE82D56E0.jpeg

River in the Callahan Valley

CA815CB6-4176-4F06-BE99-5E942ECDC487.jpeg

Road looking out towards Black Tusk

2450724F-9E9C-45BB-B043-8A14A3B8D4FA.jpeg

Atop the Skychair up on Cypress looking down onto the Georgia Straight and UBC during dusk. Not too many cities can have snow/forest/ocean and City all in one shot. Man we are blessed.

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man oh man I love this thread.  Wish I jumped in more often. 

 

Off to Tofino and Ukee for a few days.  Cannot wait to start shooting these island sunsets

Island Trip D610 Oct 2016 (36).jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few shots from summer. Good to see a few people still posting here.750_4331-2.thumb.JPG.abedd6b755a63cc957fb5bbb20740c6d.JPG750_4327.thumb.JPG.8f7f8f6e9060cb4da2d175ecf4c6058c.JPG750_4545-2.thumb.JPG.d2647e9ceb6549e352a5917bb67d1389.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Airshow is coming to town a week from now.  Last year was kinda lame from a photo-op perspective so I didn't share anything.  A nice lineup this year with the Red Arrows, Snowbirds and Thunderbirds all here to perform.  Also an A-10 team (one of my favorite planes) will be here.  Hope they fly overhead my place and not restrict themselves to the beach area where all the paying fans are :P

 

@Warhippy, one downside with the CP filter when it comes to airshows... my sunglasses are also polarized, and they were often cancelling each other out when I was trying to take overhead shots with little prep time.  I tried removing the sunglasses, but it was waaay too bright for me to handle that.  I lost a few shots last year not being able to see what was going on ::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here’s another dump of pictures of some of my travels.

86BED5BE-C379-4069-A53E-475585094372.jpeg

Campell River

C542AF67-357D-479F-B41F-A04C76063E52.jpeg

Cortes Island 

3F62CEA8-6D82-4BB5-854C-CCE17D7B51E8.jpeg

Cortes Island

FFD9200F-F51F-47D4-B342-4EFC933E6A9A.jpeg

Spanish banks 

26F1FCEC-D9C3-49C9-A890-F889EF11EE11.jpeg

Spanish Banks

F1C54018-8F51-43C3-835D-D4CF44DF0C16.jpeg

Spanish Banks

79072908-1575-43D4-8F83-3C1196592B62.jpeg

Deep Cove

F72B8187-DFC8-4495-AE0C-4741E42DA43E.jpeg

See to Sky Bridge R.I.P. gondola

3268E6BD-F90B-4B04-9F3F-48FFB90E7D27.jpeg

Cape Town South Africa 

A39720F1-75CF-46B6-91AB-595B5545E365.jpeg

Cape Town South Africa 

E224AAD1-EE47-4301-A830-E3B601DAC77C.jpeg

South Africa 

D7DCF167-2D06-4558-9A68-D0E34EF29659.jpeg

Cape Town South Africa 

D9D6E844-858E-421C-BD80-77E077ABC16B.jpeg

Whistler 

 

4FB768F5-5D0B-4975-9AE0-07AF09704D99.jpeg

Spanish Banks 

219FB3A6-4865-4E34-9795-239C64BBC80E.jpeg

Whistler

05519A4B-0995-4DB0-BBC7-01CBB1C7C800.jpeg

Fraser Valley

41C9E847-65B9-466B-A305-265214727CBE.jpeg

Fraser Valley

F54AE4A8-A6EB-445B-89D3-5CF0DF324AB8.jpeg

Cortes Island 

4C0E41EB-6696-420F-BC8B-EC33F297951F.jpeg

Cortes Island 

D13222D9-162D-437E-90EB-8AD8D53B6965.jpeg

Vancouver

D96BA66B-4490-4BE0-A216-8653C1639206.jpeg

Spanish Banks 

730D20BD-ABAA-43B0-BE34-1BFD4E31C048.jpeg

Vancouver

B82935EA-9448-4A68-937F-D86A6B9088DD.jpeg

Cortes Island 

28B931B8-6B95-41C5-A38A-5B25EC6863AE.jpeg

Joffrey Lake

64C0D248-C9E6-45F4-8272-D8E6324F0AD5.jpeg

Cabo Mexico 

2C33C27E-C156-4A90-B87F-A100E834C90C.jpeg

Seattle docks

76DDDB65-D26F-430C-8AC9-2B781DA65BF2.jpeg

Monashee mountains

88C10EC5-9C5D-4EBD-A262-3720A4C85DF1.jpeg

Whistler peak to peak

BFDDB19F-2945-47FA-B9DF-FE0DE445B705.jpeg

Cabo using prisma

54113A36-CE04-49F9-A57C-17C11B2A91A8.jpeg

English Bay

419C95D8-5AD0-465A-8B1A-339F6C56736E.jpeg

Cabo Mexico

8B34F042-36F1-42A9-A64E-6DF1DF68D0C7.jpeg

Kerry Park Seattle

9FDECC5B-8D07-4588-B281-3850E13A312A.jpeg

Florence Italy 

CF21D1DC-F661-4741-B60A-84A663D44310.jpeg

Tuscany Italy  

1158D392-EB95-4409-8717-C797F179E04A.jpeg

Siena Italy 

873EB8E8-4342-45F3-BA73-87B72A06ABD8.jpeg

Robben Island South Africa

C344C50F-646A-44A8-A481-4A965C0D1FB2.jpeg

South Africa

4DEA6FDB-61A2-4D53-A37A-6E23C3E675D5.jpeg

Cape Town South Africa 

BFF6C983-DD66-42F2-81BE-09BA06F067BC.jpeg

South Africa 

93F0E701-7431-41FF-90C5-03426A041926.jpeg

Cape Town South Africa 

AD3A45A5-FB84-4D02-B531-67082247D52A.jpeg

Florence Italy 

D994E8CC-7A53-47B4-92A1-012EAADF4124.jpeg

Florence Italy

4835B003-F99A-4F11-AB59-B393E386CD7E.jpeg

English Bay Vancouver 

A4BA4296-2661-4680-BB86-17274E72CD4F.jpeg

Grouse Mountain 

9B1AFE18-604D-4390-A9DA-D974ACD49023.jpeg

Tuscany Italy

 

EE05F521-8200-4932-BED5-ACB13CDB4E9B.jpeg

Spanish Banks

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.