The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Maple Leafs sign Timothy Liljegren

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Now Benning can initiate the Tanev trade knowing that Liljigren is squared away for three years...

Make it happen JB. Liljegren won't help them for 2-3 years I would think. The Leafs want to win now, so they may do something to get Tanev. I'm just not sure they trade Timmy.  

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Make it happen JB. Liljegren won't help them for 2-3 years I would think. The Leafs want to win now, so they may do something to get Tanev. I'm just not sure they trade Timmy.  

I have that same feeling, but who really knows. I sure as hell don't.

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If the roles were reversed would you do this if you were Toronto? Hell no. It's not like there's a window and Matthews is turning 30 or something.  Maybe if Gillis or Burke was in charge in Toronto, maybe.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If the roles were reversed would you do this if you were Toronto? Hell no. It's not like there's a window and Matthews is turning 30 or something.  

Yes, you've got a point, they have years of Matthews, Marner and Nylander, and eventually Liljegren. I despise that they're so lucky (winning the draft lottery last year and having Liljegren fall to #17 this year). TSN calls this "good GMing".

Good for the Leafs though I care less. We got ourselves a much needed forward and center in Pettersson. if he goes on to be a star, then good scouting on their part but there's a reason why teams passed on him. didn't like his outlet passes, decision making and could certainly use the year in Sweden to improve plus the mono killed him too and chances of being drafted top 5. he can easily prove all the teams that passed on him wrong and become a great player

32 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Because teams regularly choose not to sign their first-round draft picks?

My brain might not be working great today, but I have no idea how this relates to my post at all.

I despise that they're so lucky (winning the draft lottery last year and having Liljegren fall to #17 this year). TSN calls this "good GMing".

Taking the best player available is good GMing!  Bad GMing is taking someone who isn't even close to the best player available - like Virtanen - only to have it blow up in your face. 

Really bad GMing is doing the same thing over again, right after you learned your lesson...

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If the roles were reversed would you do this if you were Toronto? Hell no. It's not like there's a window and Matthews is turning 30 or something.  Maybe if Gillis or Burke was in charge in Toronto, maybe.

*Cap hits.

1 hour ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Taking the best player available is good GMing!  Bad GMing is taking someone who isn't even close to the best player available - like Virtanen - only to have it blow up in your face. 

Really bad GMing is doing the same thing over again, right after you learned your lesson...

Except at the time most scouts had Virtanen as BPA 

Archived