The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Maple Leafs sign Timothy Liljegren

10 hours ago, Toews said:

I would rather be the kind of fan who roots for our players to succeed than hopes that an 18 year old kid from a rival team fails. If its a somewhat arrogant kid like Tkachuk with a rich father then I somewhat get it. But Timothy was raised by a single mother with three boys.

I believe Tyson Jost has a similar background. There was a heartwarming scene with his grandfather sobbing. Due to the absence of a father the grandparents tried to fill the void.

There are lots of stories like this and there is the reality that many of these kids will undoubtedly not make it to the end. I don't see the point of rooting against them though just because they wear a different jersey, I would rather root against them when they are men and are wearing the jersey full time.

Great post.   I like it when people realize these are human beings.   I also agree with the MT "piece of work" you don't quite say but kinda imply.   Have heard nothing good about him in that regard and he will wear as thin on teammates has he has on players like Drew D sooner than later unless he cleans up his act.

Archived