The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Tanev + Hutton for Sergachev (plus more)

Next year...

Edler Stecher

Del Zotto Gudbranson

Juolevi Sergachev

Trade Gudbranson for a huge return at the TDL (will be a ton of interest) 

Trade Edler to the Sens for a 1st.

Rest of year...

Del Zotto Stecher

Juolevi Sergachev

Pedan Subban

Win Dahlin

Future... 

Juolevi Dahlin

Sergachev Stecher 

Brisebois Subban/McEneny

This...this is just bad.  Like monumentally bad.

Giving up 1 incredibly proven top D plus an up and coming D for a rookie that didn't really improve much over the year since his draft and is an absolute unknown in the NHL finish 31st or 30th and draft 3rd 4th or 5th and no Dahlin....

Just no.  You don't just hand over assets for free to simply tank.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

This...this is just bad.  Like monumentally bad.

Giving up 1 incredibly proven top D plus an up and coming D for a rookie that didn't really improve much over the year since his draft and is an absolute unknown in the NHL finish 31st or 30th and draft 3rd 4th or 5th and no Dahlin....

Just no.  You don't just hand over assets for free to simply tank.

I go Tanev for Sergachev and I'm called crazy and now I throw Hutton in to sweeten the deal and it's monumentally bad? Haha really? Hutton has top for potential and that's his ceiling IMO.

Sergachev is a huge upgrade over Hutton for our future

Atleast I know I won't be criticized for being a Homer this time hahahahaha you people are just never satisfied, I really get a kick out of it

Just now, Hortankin said:

I go Tanev for Sergachev and I'm called crazy and now I throw Hutton in to sweeten the deal and it's monumentally bad? Haha really? Hutton has top for potential and that's his ceiling IMO.

Sergachev is a huge upgrade over Hutton for our future

Sergachev could also run to the KHL, and we end up with nothing.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Sergachev could also run to the KHL, and we end up with nothing.  

That's a possibility but I doubt it'll happen. Maybe after Tryamkin JB might not trust going for a Russian but that's besides the point.

If there was no way he would bolt to Russia would you make the trade?

Just now, Hortankin said:

That's a possibility but I doubt it'll happen. Maybe after Tryamkin JB might not trust going for a Russian but that's besides the point.

If there was no way he would bolt to Russia would you make the trade?

Yup, I would.  Sergachev has a much higher ceiling than Hutton, and .Tanev will be old when our rebuild is done.  

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Why did you start a thread asking if we need Dahlen if you have him penciled into the lineup in this thread? 

Brainstorming 

We have Dahlen already btw.

I don't think I stated anywhere in here that we NEEDED Dahlin did I?  Please correct me if I'm wrong...

5 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

my positive vibes are starting to get to the negative posters here on CDC.. I'll call this summer a success

They aren't positive vibes, they're just incoherent nonsense. 

There are so many leaps in your logic that its just laughable.

4 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Brainstorming 

We have Dahlen already btw.

I don't think I stated anywhere in here that we NEEDED Dahlin did I?  Please correct me if I'm wrong...

You know exactly what I'm talking about :

Look Hort,  I'm not saying this to be critical because generally I don't have a problem with your content,  and yes I know there's no limit on here,  but lately it seems you've taken to the 'quantity over quality' philosophy regarding your threads and it's just weakening your overall rep here.   Again,  not criticism,  just observation.

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

You know exactly what I'm talking about :

Look Hort,  I'm not saying this to be critical because generally I don't have a problem with your content,  and yes I know there's no limit on here,  but lately it seems you've taken to the 'quantity over quality' philosophy regarding your threads and it's just weakening your overall rep here.   Again,  not criticism,  just observation.

I know what your talking about lol.

But what I'm saying is in this particular thread I did not state we NEEDED Dahlin.. just ideas for different directions we could go.

I'll admit and kind of always do that I make a lot of threads.. but that's just the summer boredom kicking in.. idc about rep points on here tbh I kind of get a kick out of the minuses I get for saying positive things.. but if my threads bother people so much they do have this thing called a brain that can tell them not to click on it.

2 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

But what I'm saying is in this particular thread I did not state we NEEDED Dahlin.. just ideas for different directions we could go.

Why not just have one coherent thread where you logically set our your reasons for why you don't think Dahlin is necessary (or why he is) and then explain a coherent proposal trading Tanev and Hutton for Sergachev + under the assumption we can land Dahlin. 

That's why you've been getting flack from me and others lately. As @Fanuck said, you're just churning out mindless threads with no real substance to them lately. Why not spend a bit more time developing your argument before posting?

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Listen to Fanuck,  please listen to him....

3 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

anyone got any comments on the suggested proposal before a mod decides to lock it lol?

Fateless already took my comment:

6 minutes ago, Fateless said:

That's why you've been getting flack from me and others lately. As @Fanuck said, you're just churning out mindless threads with no real substance to them lately. Why not spend a bit more time developing your argument before posting?

Archived