The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion/Proposal] When is the right time to trade Sutter & Eriksson?

21 minutes ago, D-Money said:

What are you basing that judgment on? His interviews? The Sbisa contract? The Dorsett one?

Ownership has goal to make playoffs, Erickson played well with twins in tournaments, it was worth a try when your a billionair owner? Owner sees playoff team if things go well?

You must realize ownership in every professional sports team have influence! Benning and Linden get bashed and take all blame..

Jim Benning is a smart hockey man.. You don't think Benning knows his team is not a top 8 team in west last year??

Just look over teams rosters I knew they would not make playoffs finishing no better then 10th in west.

Benning and Linden cannot come out and say we will not make playoffs? 

Different story this year fan base has bought in on rebuild and fans are very excited with all the young prospects..

West bottom 5  teams 2017-2018  15th Las Vegas 14.Colorado 13. Arizona, 12.Vancouver, 11 LA. Kings

I think Benning knows this already...lol lol

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

West bottom 5  teams 2017-2018  15th Las Vegas 14.Colorado 13. Arizona, 12.Vancouver, 11 LA. Kings

Vegas has much better defense and goaltending than Colorado. And Arizona is vastly improved too.

Could easily see Vancouver and Colorado duking it out for last in the West again.

I'm all for getting quality value from veterans, but I think good young experienced players give a lot to the development of kids. The Sedins have a year or two left in the tank tops. Eriksson and Sutter are possibly two of our best role-models right now. Eriksson is a perfect role model for Baertschi, Granlund, Dahlen and Pettersson. Sutter is the perfect role model for Bo and Gaudette.

More importantly, we need some sort of leadership on this team moving forward once the Sedins and Edler are gone, and IMO that's Sutter, Tanev and Gudbranson. Sure, Horvat will take a key leadership role, but he's far from experienced. That's why we desperately need to keep Sutter. 

Archived