The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunt for the Avro

Warhippy

20 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Yours is an opinion based argument, it can't be proven with empirical evidence.  The US's melting pot days have long since passed.  This is a much different world than it was 100 years ago.

And your theory on slowing the rate of immigration in order to preserve our national identity is based on what "empirical evidence" exactly..? 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

All the f35s are slow, it's ridiculous. They're a first strike jet that's it. Meanwhile there stealth isn't so stealthy. 

Wth have you been reading.  Of all of the problems that the f-35, stealth isn't one of them at all.  They had a problem with the way some of the coating was being applied years ago, but that has long since been fixed.

I've never been thrilled with the one engine design but it wasn't built with speed in mind.

39 minutes ago, JoesRooster said:

And your theory on slowing the rate of immigration in order to preserve our national identity is based on what "empirical evidence" exactly..? 

I'm not going to hijack this thread.  We've had plenty of immigration discussions in the past on CDC.  Feel free to drop in on one of those.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Wth have you been reading.  Of all of the problems that the f-35, stealth isn't one of them at all.  They had a problem with the way some of the coating was being applied years ago, but that has long since been fixed.

I've never been thrilled with the one engine design but it wasn't built with speed in mind.

When the Russians can spot it then the stealth is a problem is it not?

35 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

What, the Sunflower radar that they claim can detect any stealth aircraft? Call that a problem if you want, but you can't single out the F-35 for that alone if it is.

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

What, the Sunflower radar that they claim can detect any stealth aircraft? Call that a problem if you want, but you can't single out the F-35 for that alone if it is.

The f35 is the only fifth generation stealth fighter in the world except the f22 but it is not available to any other Country.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Stealth doesn't mean literally invisible.  There's no passive way to shrink a detectable cross section to zero.  The US versions of the f-22 and f-35 are basically as stealthy as you can get short of finding an undetectable active way of making a plane invisible to radar.

I've mentioned several times that allied f-35 planes have purposely built-in larger detectable cross-sections (basketball sized) so they won't be nearly undetectable to US radar.  If everything coming out of Russia could be believed, they'd already be supreme leaders of the planet crushing us under their heels daily. 

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

At this point I'm thinking Canada will buy 88 f35s. Couple reasons, the spat with Boeing and it's what the military wants.

Japan is in the same boat. They designed a dual engine stealth fighter but may not proceed due to the cost of the program.

Lot of countries have great military technologies, the main problem is that USA and Russia have monopoly over weapons sale.

They will not give up control any time soon either, in 2016 USA and Russia accounted for 61% of all weapons sold in the world.

When you buy American weapons, you don't only buy hardware, you also buy political influence.

Saudis are the prime example.

9 hours ago, LordCanuck said:

after doing some actual research, id say its best we go with the f-35. Its not the best for our country but for use with our allies and having the same plane will benefit us in the long term.

Tell that to the fighter pilot who gets to fly a single engine jet over the arctic.

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Tell that to the fighter pilot who gets to fly a single engine jet over the arctic.

hey if the government wants to spend the money, maybe we buy the f-35 and some more super hornets and have two fleets of aircraft. but id think the best plane to get is the f-22 but the usa wont sell that to anyone.

2 hours ago, LordCanuck said:

hey if the government wants to spend the money, maybe we buy the f-35 and some more super hornets and have two fleets of aircraft. but id think the best plane to get is the f-22 but the usa wont sell that to anyone.

Actually as has been proven, the super hornet would be best, cheaper and far more familiarity with our armed forces.

Doing what our "allies" want is just sheer stupidity and completely throws out the idea of being our own country out the window

15 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Actually as has been proven, the super hornet would be best, cheaper and far more familiarity with our armed forces.

Doing what our "allies" want is just sheer stupidity and completely throws out the idea of being our own country out the window

I'm not so sure that has been proven however a single engine jet in the arctic doesn't seem like a good idea.

Japan is looking for partners on their new twin engine stealth fighter maybe Canada should look at that.

Picture_93.jpg

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not so sure that has been proven however a single engine jet in the arctic doesn't seem like a good idea.

Japan is looking for partners on their new twin engine stealth fighter maybe Canada should look at that.

Picture_93.jpg

I'd buy in with Japan.  They're an electronics monster and the spin offs would be great and would also be the shot in the face the US needs.  

15 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Picture_93.jpg

Canada should partner with country that has a proven track record in making airplanes.

Prior to F-3 that is pictured, Japan developed F-2 in cooperation with Lockhead.

That plane was terrible and huge waste of money.

19 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Canada should partner with country that has a proven track record in making airplanes.

Prior to F-3 that is pictured, Japan developed F-2 in cooperation with Lockhead.

That plane was terrible and huge waste of money.

Ya I know it was. That's the biggest scare however I will point out Britain has joined to collaborate on the new stealth fighter.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Ya I know it was. That's the biggest scare however I will point out Britain has joined to collaborate on the new stealth fighter.

Plus I think Japan said that even if the project starts, planes won't be operational until 2030's.

Super hornet is the best solution IMO for Canada, way better comparing to F-35

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Plus I think Japan said that even if the project starts, planes won't be operational until 2030's.

Super hornet is the best solution IMO for Canada, way better comparing to F-35

Oh I didn't know the 2030 part. I like the f15 silent eagle but for some reason it didn't sell.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh I didn't know the 2030 part. I like the f15 silent eagle but for some reason it didn't sell.

Yeah that is what I red, weapons business is tough, 5 countries dominate the market.

I don't think Japan has the money for this project anyways.

Top military industries IMO, USA, Russia, Israel, Germany, Swedes make some good stuff too.

Archived