The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #6

Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #6  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Current Ranking:

1. Brock Boeser (104 votes - 53.97%)

2. Elias Pettersson (84 votes - 44.44%)

3. Olli Juolevi (95 votes - 54.29%)

4. Thatcher Demko (165 votes - 77.83%)

5. Jonathan Dahlen (77 votes - 41.62%)

Eligible Prospects:

Rodrigo Abols
Matthew Brassard
Guillaume Brisebois
Cole Candella
Michael Carcone
Cole Cassels
Anton Cederholm
Jalen Chatfield
Michael DiPietro
Jonah Gadjovich
Adam Gaudette
Nikolay Goldobin
Kristoffer Gunnarsson
Philip Holm
Lukas Jasek
Joseph LaBate
Yan-Pavel Laplante
Kole Lind
William Lockwood
Zack MacEwen
Evan McEneny
Brett McKenzie
Griffen Molino
Petrus Palmu
Andrey Pedan
Jack Rathbone
Ashton Sautner
Mackenzie Stewart
Jakub Stukel
Jordan Subban
Jake Virtanen
Dmitri Zhukenov

Gotta be Gaudette this time. Showed himself to be a legit prospect at the summer showdown. 

I read earlier today that canucks still have the rights to Mike Williamson until August 15th. Lol. Add him to the list? I believe he retired after his last Year in the NCAA. 

Definitely a showdown between Goldy and Gaudette here. Goldy has the edge right now showing he's indeed NHL ready and proved that with the opportunity he got when he got traded over here scoring a few goals. Has AHL  scoring totals to prove that. Gaudette is real good but I have to imagine he'll ranked 6th

Voting Goldobin because if his experience and proven play. He's dominated the AHL and shown some promise in the NHL. Gaudette is a close second, but he has yet to prove himself in the AHL.

Voted for the big guy Gadjovich.

I have a good feeling he's going to bring something that all our finesse top 6 need. That physical presence in the slot and open up time and space with that wide body. Plus them soft mitts on the PP.

Isn't it a nice feeling, when just a couple of years ago Virtanen was our #1 prospect; and now he's not even top 6. Not a knock on him, as I think he still will eventually be something special. More of a praise to Benning. Even as we start climbing the standings in the future. A steady flow of good prospects picked outside of the top 10 will mean a long stay on top when we get back there! Finally after 50 years, the organization looks to be heading in the right direction. 

Goldy has been given an opportunity at the pro level and has shown positive signs. At the same time, he has shown some not so positive traits and San Jose included a pick to trade him for Hansen. 

Gaudette on the other hand is more unproven. He could be like Cassels and have a great pre-pro career but become an average AHL player. He was third in team scoring, so it wasn't like he put up those huge numbers by himself. Cassels had Dal Colle.

Dialing back to junior, Goldobin put up huge numbers with NO support other than Dman DeAngelo. He had nearly 50% more points than the next forward. 

That said, it is hard to ignore Gaudette's numbers, intangibles, and showing at the prospect camp. He gets a slight edge over Goldobin despite Goldobin already excelling at the second highest level. 

Archived