The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the next Stanley Cup Final Opponent for the Vancouver Canucks?

ruilin96

Who will be the Canucks next Stanley Cup Final Opponent?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes, absolutely. Now, if by chance the Leafs should beat the Canucks, I'll never watch TSN again lol

But if we do we can enjoy ten years of why the Leafs were still the better team and how lucky the Canucks were, how mediocre our players really were, how every leaf played with a broken bone of some sort and used IVs between OT periods and Gilmoured their way through the series, how they still won because Horvat grew up a fan and blah blah.  

So glad we beat them in 5 in 94, 93 still comes up against LA....

Already the TO media thinks and fills their sports columns with reasons why they will win soon ( no joke but it's funny); they honestly feel their window is now.  

TSN will become unbearable, but it would be worth every second if we beat them.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:00 AM, joe-max said:

Honolulu Hunters (will enter the league as the 46th team in the expansion draft 2053),

I was thinking more along the lines of the Honolulu Lulus".

Buffalo or Toronto seem to be pretty good bets, and there'd be an interesting historical connection with each being the opponent. The Sabres were our expansion buddies, while the Leafs were the first team that the Canucks defeated, back in 1970.

regards, G.

I think we make it by 20 25.  at this point, Bo Horvat is 30 year old captain ( Similar to Henrik Sedin when he makes the finals at the age of 31)

Petterson and Juolevi is at their prime in their mid 20's.  Assistant captain Boeser is 28 comes off a career year.   Assisted on our blue line, 2018 High picked defensemen.  Demko is one of the best goalies in the world.

I'm looking forward to 2025 when the Canucks beat the Hamilton Hurricanes in a closely contested battle in the finals.

The Hurricanes, recently relocated from Carolina advanced after sweeping the Quebec Nordiques in the conference finals whereas the Canucks snuck past division rivals, the Seattle Seadogs (formerly Coyotes) .

45 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

Knowing us, it'll be Toronto and we'll lose in 7.

If it is Toronto, it would be in 9 - Canucks would win Game 7 but NHL would bring in a new "fairness rule" and say that it was such a "good series" fans deserve "two more games and seeing more population in the east, we will play them in Toronto and because fans like the 3 on 3 regular season OT, Vancouver will play with 3 while Toronto will have the traditional 5 as, well, they are an "original" team.

Yup, that is how it would play out.

Doesn't matter who. Just win it.

I still remember people on this board in 2011 wondering whether we should throw a game in Boston to lift the cup on home ice.

I don't care vs who. Or where. Or when. I don't care if the laughs or oilers win it 9 times out of 10 In the next decade.

Just win it. Once.

Part of me thinks it's The Leafs only because it's going to be an original six.

Though I wouldn't count a Bettman pet project like the Idaho Potato Head Destroyers making it to the finals 

Will Canuck win the cup this time? No 

Archived