The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Best case scenerio

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

Putting him on Ignore doesn't stop the proliferation of threads he has created.

I'm quite sure you can live with skipping a couple rows on a table on the internet. The mods will deal with spam if it is deemed a problem. 

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

2017/18 Canucks Point Leaders

Horvat  28-35 = 63

Boeser  22-28 = 50

H. Sedin  12-36 = 48

D. Sedin  20-24 = 44

Baertschi  22-18 = 40

Eriksson  17-21 = 38

Goldobin  18-18 = 36

No love for Granlund? I could see him potting 25 goals this year if he stays healthy. 

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Would like to see that as well, but I also think that Goldobin is a player that would really benefit from some direct experience of playing with the Sedins. I think he could use a really strong mentor to get him through some rough spots in his game.

I think the kid has really good potential, but not sure he's going to get what he needs this year, playing on a young line.

Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time :)

All you can do is speculate until proven otherwise. Goldobin is a perfect forward for Pettersson and Dahlen imo.. I like Virtanen with BoBoeser, and if possible have Baertschi on our 3rd line with Gaudette and Granlumd

Watch you don't get too positive though lol.. there are some Sharks in the CDC waters waiting to jump at anyone praising our young guys.. be politically correct or your trolling or spamming

3 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

All you can do is speculate until proven otherwise. Goldobin is a perfect forward for Pettersson and Dahlen imo.. I like Virtanen with BoBoeser, and if possible have Baertschi on our 3rd line with Gaudette and Granlumd

Watch you don't get too positive though lol.. there are some Sharks in the CDC waters waiting to jump at anyone praising our young guys.. be politically correct or your trolling or spamming

I prefer Goldy with Bo and Virtanen.  Bo pushes the play, and is very responsible defensively.  Virtanen can shoot the puck, and is intimidating enough to create turnovers.  Goldy has elite vision and playmaking skills.  All three are young, and super fast.  At least TG will have some guys to move around to see where they best fit.

7 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

No love for Granlund? I could see him potting 25 goals this year if he stays healthy. 

I really like Granlund, but I'm hoping to see Boeser and Goldobin rack 'em up this year. If Granny plays with the Grandpas (haha), then I can see him getting more points, but if he's on the 3rd line, maybe not as much.

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I really like Granlund, but I'm hoping to see Boeser and Goldobin rack 'em up this year. If Granny plays with the Grandpas (haha), then I can see him getting more points, but if he's on the 3rd line, maybe not as much.

I can see Boeser having more success than Granlund, but unless Granny gets injured or absolutely struggles to score next season there's no way he will be lower on the depth chart than Goldobin. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I prefer Goldy with Bo and Virtanen.  Bo pushes the play, and is very responsible defensively.  Virtanen can shoot the puck, and is intimidating enough to create turnovers.  Goldy has elite vision and playmaking skills.  All three are young, and super fast.  At least TG will have some guys to move around to see where they best fit.

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Goldobin

I kind of like it. You can pretty much mix and match our top 6 and make it look good. Our top 9 even...

Goldobin Pettersson Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Dahlen

Baertschi Gaudette Granlund

Gaudette can play wing on the top 6 if needed and Granlund can shift to 3C.. I like how complete this team is shaping up to be. We're not going to be a top line heavy team. We're building the Golden State Warriors of hockey :)

Just now, Hortankin said:

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Goldobin

I kind of like it. You can pretty much mix and match our top 6 and make it look good. Our top 9 even...

Goldobin Pettersson Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Dahlen

Baertschi Gaudette Granlund

Gaudette can play wing on the top 6 if needed and Granlund can shift to 3C.. I like how complete this team is shaping up to be. We're not going to be a top line heavy team. We're building the Golden State Warriors of hockey :)

And there are guys like Lind and Gadjovic coming along too.  Plus, whomever JB drafts in 2018 and 2019.  It's going to be a couple more seasons of watching our guys struggle, but we should have a pretty good next core led by Bo.  

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

I can see Boeser having more success than Granlund, but unless Granny gets injured or absolutely struggles to score next season there's no way he will be lower on the depth chart than Goldobin. 

Well, things might be pretty decent for the Canucks this year.

They got the vets: Sedins, Eriksson, Edler, Dorsett

They've got players in their prime: Sutter, Gagner, Rodin, Del Zotto, Tanev, Wiercioch

They've got skilled/solid youth: Horvat, Baertschi, Granlund, Gaunce, Burmistrov, Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen, Hutton, Stecher, Gudbranson

Excited to see what Green can do as coach too. My only question mark is goaltending. Will Markstrom be able to find success as a starter, and how good will Nilsson be?

19 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I'm quite sure you can live with skipping a couple rows on a table on the internet. The mods will deal with spam if it is deemed a problem. 

17 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Feel free not to open them. Whether you agree with him or not, he isn't breaking any rules. Those who attack him are however. Play nice.

Fair points. I will only ask that individuals choosing to create a topic first search to see if their topic has already been made. That way we can contribute to an existing conversation and avoid flooding the boards with redundant information.

And there are guys like Lind and Gadjovic coming along too.  Plus, whomever JB drafts in 2018 and 2019.  It's going to be a couple more seasons of watching our guys struggle, but we should have a pretty good next core led by Bo.  

And Molino, Lockwood, Palmu, Zhukenov, McEwen, and Cassels.

Going to be some great competition. I'm eally curious as to how this will all play out in the end

1 minute ago, Hortankin said:

And Molino, Lockwood, Palmu, Zhukenov, McEwen, and Cassels.

Going to be some great competition. I'm eally curious as to how this will all play out in the end

Yup.  I don't remember a time in our team's history we've had so many good prospects.  Hopefully JB and TL can be patient and let the kids develop in their best situations.  No more McCann and Virtanen mistakes into the big time before they're mature enough to accept the responsibilities of being a professional.  

Yup.  I don't remember a time in our team's history we've had so many good prospects.  Hopefully JB and TL can be patient and let the kids develop in their best situations.  No more McCann and Virtanen mistakes into the big time before they're mature enough to accept the responsibilities of being a professional.  

I'm actually excited about seeing these young guys develop. It's not a playoff excitement but it still gives me excitement to watch Canuck games. Can't wait for the season to start

Yes, let's say the Canucks top 10 prospects eventually make the team:

Boeser

Pettersson

Juolevi

Demko

Dahlen

Gaudette

Goldobin

Virtanen

Lockwood

Gadjovich

What becomes of Lind, MacEwen, Stukel, Zhukenov, Jasek, Palmu, etc? Will these players ever play in the NHL? Perhaps trades? (I didn't include D in this list, as Brisebois, Gunnarsson and Rathbone may play one day)

Archived