The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Why hasn't anyone taken Kole Lind?"

I know they were happy to get him where they did, and I'm interested to see how he does.  Here's the thing though: I felt after looking at his highlight reel that he is a very smart player and positions himself absolutely beautifully.  He is good at anticipating the play and where the puck will go.  He has decent hands too.  But otherwise, I found what I saw from his game was quite unspectacular.  I feel from what I saw that if NHL quality defensemen find a way to cover him, I'm not sure he has enough talent to beat them on a regular basis.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.  In fact, my assessments seem to be more wrong than right, so he's probably going to be a star for us.

That was my response to the title of the thread.  I like the graphic though.  With any luck it will be adopted by many.

5 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

good graphic of kole lind. i'ld like him for my graphic but i wouldn't know how to move him to my site. 

You can add this as your signature by clicking on your username on the top right corner then click on "Account Settings" then on the left side click on "Signature" and then copy and paste the image and then hit "Save Changes".

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You can add this as your signature by clicking on your username on the top right corner then click on "Account Settings" then on the left side click on "Signature" and then copy and paste the image and then hit "Save Changes".

i'ld have to get my grandson to help me, i'm pretty dumb when it comes to changing things. 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Now that they've got him though, what will become of him?

Only way he makes the team is if one of Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen or Lockwood gets moved, I would think.  

nice problem to have 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Only way he makes the team is if one of Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen or Lockwood gets moved, I would think.  

They need to make the NHL as a regular 1st, plus it's a long term project since he's a 2nd rounder.  At last 2 years then maybe the ahl.  We will see.

There's almost always 2 or 3 picks taken in the later half of the 1st round and 2nd round that outperform majority of players that were picked before them and in hindsight should have been a top 10 if not top 5 pick,

Boeser seems like a possibility of doing just that, hope Kole can follow suit.

2001 - Cammel-toe 49th

2002 - Ward 25th, Steen 24th

2003 - Backes 62nd, Weber 49th, Bergeron 45th, Perry 28th

2004 - Krejci 63rd

2005 - Stastny 44th, Neal 33rd

2006 - Lucic 50th, Giroux 22nd

2007 - Simmonds 61st, Subban 43rd

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Virtanen Horvat Boeser 

Goldobin Pettersson Dahlen

Baertschi Gaudette Granlund 

Lockwood Molino Lind

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I love JB as GM, but listening to him, to me he always sounds like he's telling someone that their dog died...doesn't matter how happy he is :)

His demeanor changed in interviews since the whole PK tampering thing

Archived