The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] PIT-VAN

Sutter for 1st 2018

This trade would reunite sutter with the pens and give the penguins a solid 3rd line center by not affecting their current roster. The 1st would likely be very late in the round and the pens haven't had a first rounder in the last few drafts so we know they aren't afraid to trade them. If we have to retain sutters contract we can. Thoughts?

1) We'll be lucky to get a 3rd for Sutter from any team without retention.

2) They let go of Sutter because they realized he wasn't very good

3) They don't have room for a bottom-6 player that makes almost 4.5M

6 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

1) We'll be lucky to get a 3rd for Sutter from any team without retention.

2) They let go of Sutter because they realized he wasn't very good

3) They don't have room for a bottom-6 player that makes almost 4.5M

And that's why Pens made him an assistant captain? Because he wasn't very good?

Image result for brandon sutter penguins

1 hour ago, ice orca said:

Until the current GM came in, i think he traded Sutter twice.

They got rid of Sutter because of cap issues. Needed someone on a cheaper contract. They would have kept if they could have resigned him for about 2.5 million. That's what they can afford with their cap load at forward, especially with the cap flat right now.

I like the Sutters, great hockey family. Was a fan of Brent and Duane during the Islanders heyday. Canucks still need those players in their prime and Brandon is pretty good, and versatile. He can play C or the wing, good on the PK, faceoffs. I think if they trade anybody, it has to be Edler. Make room for Olli :)

11 hours ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

Sutter for 1st 2018

This trade would reunite sutter with the pens and give the penguins a solid 3rd line center by not affecting their current roster. The 1st would likely be very late in the round and the pens haven't had a first rounder in the last few drafts so we know they aren't afraid to trade them. If we have to retain sutters contract we can. Thoughts?

If they didn't want to pay to keep Bonino why would give a first and pay for Sutter.

The Pens never won a cup with Sutter in their lineup, that ship has sailed.

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I like the Sutters, great hockey family. Was a fan of Brent and Duane during the Islanders heyday. Canucks still need those players in their prime and Brandon is pretty good, and versatile. He can play C or the wing, good on the PK, faceoffs. I think if they trade anybody, it has to be Edler. Make room for Olli :)

I totally agree. Edler is the one to be moved. We know we will be bad for another 2-3 yrs so try to get younger and add picks/prospects. Let the team grow into something.

17 hours ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

Sutter for 1st 2018

Covfefe

Archived