The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TMZ report] Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington commits suicide

thejazz97

39 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

Damn. One of the bands that got me into the rock and metal genre. While I'm not a fan of their stuff post-Meteora those first two albums were great. 

For me, I got into them because of how they created this whole new genre.

You listen to their music long enough and you realize that Chester had issues. It seemed like he'd dealt with them long ago, but just don't realize sometimes how heavy a burden people carry with them through life.

I can't believe it.  Such awful news.

I haven't listened to their music in a while but in my early teens they had a huge influence on my life.  

My thoughts are with his 6 kids he left behind.  

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

The tragedy is leaving kids behind like that......trying not to judge here....just being honest...

Nothing wrong with forming an opinion and drawing a conclusion, or "judging". 

6 kids and a wife.

Very sad to hear. LPs music was some of my favorites. It just feels like this is happening way too often. People just aren't communicating like they used to. 

Take time everyone to talk to your friends and loved ones in person or by voice whenever you can. 

57 minutes ago, Monty said:

Nothing wrong with forming an opinion and drawing a conclusion, or "judging". 

6 kids and a wife.

Well a good friend of

mine took his own life just over two years ago. 23 year friendship.  He was not married and had no children.  He battled with depression for over twenty years. So I would never ultimately judge as I have nowhere near enough knowledge or understanding of the illnesses or what life would be like dealing with them.

that said....it's hard for me to totally accept the "out" knowing there are children left with the pieces....just my perspective as a dad and also as a man who lost my dad when I was young...parents/dads are often the cornerstone of the family unit.

anyways, as I said, just my lean.

again.  Very sad for all.

56 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Well a good friend of

mine took his own life just over two years ago. 23 year friendship.  He was not married and had no children.  He battled with depression for over twenty years. So I would never ultimately judge as I have nowhere near enough knowledge or understanding of the illnesses or what life would be like dealing with them.

that said....it's hard for me to totally accept the "out" knowing there are children left with the pieces....just my perspective as a dad and also as a man who lost my dad when I was young...parents/dads are often the cornerstone of the family unit.

anyways, as I said, just my lean.

again.  Very sad for all.

He did have a pretty rough upbringing. One that included abuse and sexual abuse as a child.

After that struggled with alcohol and drug abuse.

Not trying to state an excuse for killing yourself. Just stating cause and effect, you don't get to point Z without going through points ABC and so on.

He must of been suffering from some pretty extreme mental issues to kill himself, leaving behind a family.

The song "One More Light" off of the newest album must have been extremely painful to record for someone so close to the edge. In interviews, Mike Shinoda says the song is about a person they worked with passing away due to cancer, but Chester must've had an extreme experience recording it. 

The music created by this band has left a lasting impression on me. It's an extremely sad day today. Funny I woke up and it was raining :(

It's hard getting through work right now, and I'm really regretting my inability to make new friends. Maybe this news would be easier to handle if I had one friend that felt as sad as I do about it.

It hurts not to be able to see the band perform live even once during my life, and their tour was coming to Vancouver this year. I hope fans who did get that opportunity cherish it forever.

Archived