The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TMZ report] Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington commits suicide

thejazz97

5 hours ago, riffraff said:

Well a good friend of

mine took his own life just over two years ago. 23 year friendship.  He was not married and had no children.  He battled with depression for over twenty years. So I would never ultimately judge as I have nowhere near enough knowledge or understanding of the illnesses or what life would be like dealing with them.

that said....it's hard for me to totally accept the "out" knowing there are children left with the pieces....just my perspective as a dad and also as a man who lost my dad when I was young...parents/dads are often the cornerstone of the family unit.

anyways, as I said, just my lean.

again.  Very sad for all.

I think it shows just how strong he was for holding out for as long as he did, likely for his kids. It also shows how low of a place he was in, as he couldn't hold on anymore, even for his kids :( 

Absolutely gutted, like millions of other people in my age bracket LP got me through some of my roughest teenage/twenties times. Them and Sum 41 really helped carry me through. Lots of memories associated with their music, it's such a shame.

He must have been hurting an awful lot to have taken it this far, I feel for his family. I know what it's like to want to go but it's not something I could ever do for the reasons he left behind. The world is a less beautiful and talented place without him.

R.I.P Chester

I'm still shocked about this. Heard the news yesterday afternoon and was devastated. LP has been my favourite band ever since 2006 or so. Their music has helped me cope with difficult times and I frequently listened to their songs. It's very sad that someone with so much talent chose to take their own life. I was listening to their latest album yesterday and it was actually quite disturbing. I'm surprised no one took it as a cry for help. Rest in peace, Chester. :(

Grew up listening to the band, mostly enjoyed it due to his unique voice and the intensity of the music.

After this death and listening to his songs again though, it's really changed my perspective on what the lyrics are about and it's saddening to think of what performers like him and writers for bands like Imagine Dragons and X Ambassadors, and rappers like Eminem have had to go through and the deep seated emotion that rests within them to pen such heart-wrenching lyrics.  Songs like "Heavy", "Unsteady", "Demons" and others of the same genre are evidently more heartfelt pleas in my ears now.  As much as sadness and anger are part of the human experience and music like this can achieve catharsis, I hope that people would go seek actual help instead of release in music as it could end up having a snowballing effect and lead to more cases like this.  

RIP Chester.

The tweets are deleted now but shortly after the news broke I ended up on his wife's (verified) Twitter page and I don't have any screenshots but the few tweets that went out on that account were

1) A confession about her having an affair with bandmate Mike Shinoda...

2) A odd message regarding something along the lines of; "Chester was already dead before he hung himself, I have proof.

3) Something along the lines of denying that the account was hacked because that's the sense everyone had/has.

The tweets are gone now so i suspect this account was obviously hacked. Jesus though, that's a pretty dark thing to do for a laugh, hacking a widow only hours after the death of her husband and trolling the public with crazy statements. Hope whoever did this has it coming.

The wife obviously thinks so.  

When people say that their twitter got hacked, their twitter almost never got hacked.  It's just a convenient lie that people use when they regret what they said or they don't like how it landed.

Archived