The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eklund WTF! (Discussion)

I know the title probably scared a lot of people away but anyway WTF is wrong with Eklund. I know he reports supposed rumors and once and a while I like to humor myself by going on his site to read them. Normally I go there just to read Carols articles on the Canucks as I think she is a decent writer and doesn't come up with these pie in the sky kinda shake your head rumors...

Todays Eklund is a good one:

On Beauchemin...

Lou Lamoriello has always liked Francois and there are some murmurs he could join the Leafs on a training camp tryout....However the Canucks have been trying to get something done here too...

Most people on CDC probably know that our D is pretty set, unless we plan on making some kind of trade before the season starts. Even if we make a trade why in the world would we bring in a player like Beachemin @ 37 years old seems to be counter intuitive to what the management team in Vancouver has been saying they are trying to do.

Anyone have any NHL contacts, back door twitter channels I should check out ect? I think it's time I start up a rumor blog 

1 minute ago, Sedinery33 said:

I know the title probably scared a lot of people away but anyway WTF is wrong with Eklund. I know he reports supposed rumors and once and a while I like to humor myself by going on his site to read them. Normally I go there just to read Carols articles on the Canucks as I think she is a decent writer and doesn't come up with these pie in the sky kinda shake your head rumors...

On Beauchemin...

Lou Lamoriello has always liked Francois and there are some murmurs he could join the Leafs on a training camp tryout....However the Canucks have been trying to get something done here too...

Most people on CDC probably know that our D is pretty set, unless we plan on making some kind of trade before the season starts. Even if we make a trade why in the world would we bring in a player like Beachemin @ 37 years old seems to be counter intuitive to what the management team in Vancouver has been saying they are trying to do.

Anyone have any NHL contacts, back door twitter channels I should check out ect? I think it's time I start up a rumor blog 

Id take your word over Ecklunds 

The guy had a down year last year, but managed 34 points the year before. Not bad at all. If Benning is fielding offers for Edler on the left he could be a realistic short term contract to help Stetcher continue to progress. I'm not saying it would be a good thing, but in theory I could understand a move such as this. I'm actually hoping we pick up Franson helping open up a Tanev trade.

17 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Haha Eklund's last rumor about the Canuck's went 30 pages, lot's of people get sucked into the Eklund vortex.

... or it is almost almost like people like to talk about all things Canucks and bounce around ideas.

I have said it before. We should start actively tracking success rate of bloggers reporting rumours, so we can put it in brackets beside their name when they report a new one. 

"Eklund (12 out of 238) reports that the Canucks/Habs/Leafs are all fighting over the signing rights to George Parros' moustache." 

50 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

On Beauchemin...

48 minutes ago, firestorm238 said:

Almost like he just randomly picks large Canadian markets to involve in his 'rumours' so that it'll get hits. 

I can't believe that Eklund is considered a reliable source, as firestorm says, I certainly believe that he throws stuff out there to the markets in a way that one would throw a dog a bone, just to keep people interested but he has no inside information, the dude's a hack.

I do like Carol as well but all she does is summarize the media story that have already been floating around that borning, one of her favorite sources is Botchford. All in all, she is reasonable but her information is always late and is something I have already read elsewhere before.

It's the dog days of summer now and hits on Eklund's site are probably way down.

So what does a guy like him do?  Randomly picks a couple of teams that happen to me two of the largest hockey mad markets in Canada and mentions them in some of his verbal diarrhea to try to bring those hits back up.

Smart guy.

27 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

really? haha Vancouver cant even sell out a game. Biggest Canadian fan bases are Toronto, Montreal and probably Edmonton (based on their past)

You may be right about some VAN fans not being willing to pay exorbitant prices to watch a losing team, but Canucks fans are still passionate (and obnoxious at times), so Eklund has it right, Canucks fans will get upset and react.

Archived