The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eklund WTF! (Discussion)

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

but Canucks fans are still passionate (and obnoxious at times)

Speaking as someone who lives in Dallas and plays on a team with a few Red Wings fans, I can honestly say they are the most annoying I have encountered along with Hawks and Bruins fans. Every day they mention how many Cups they have and how we have none. They also wear their lame red pants when the rest of our team wears black. They are the Cowboys of the NHL as they live on their past.  

1 minute ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

Speaking as someone who lives in Dallas and plays on a team with a few Red Wings fans, I can honestly say they are the most annoying I have encountered along with Hawks and Bruins fans. Every day they mention how many Cups they have and how we have none. They also wear their lame red pants when the rest of our team wears black. They are the Cowboys of the NHL as they live on their past.  

Haha, love it, the Cowboys of the NHL. I know I'm just speaking as one Canucks fan, I'm not really sure what other fan bases say and do as far as being fans, but I'm assuming Blue Jackets and Panthers fans (as examples) aren't as involved in the day-to-day business of their teams. I can definitely see some teams fans (who've won Cups) being very obnoxious about that. But I also imagine that WHEN the Canucks win a Cup, there will be a whole lot of Canucks fans celebrating forever, me included lol

46 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

really? haha Vancouver cant even sell out a game. Biggest Canadian fan bases are Toronto, Montreal and probably Edmonton (based on their past)

Edmonton, you must be kidding.  Notorious sit on their hands fanbase.   City of lottery champions.

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Haha, love it, the Cowboys of the NHL. I know I'm just speaking as one Canucks fan, I'm not really sure what other fan bases say and do as far as being fans, but I'm assuming Blue Jackets and Panthers fans (as examples) aren't as involved in the day-to-day business of their teams. I can definitely see some teams fans (who've won Cups) being very obnoxious about that. But I also imagine that WHEN the Canucks win a Cup, there will be a whole lot of Canucks fans celebrating forever, me included lol

I will be incorrigible when we finally win one. My teammates will probably move to Asia just so they do not have to deal with the backlash for the years of grief they give me. If I had a nickel for every discreet Bruins, Rangers or Sedin sisters reference made towards me I would be Bill Gates.  

1 hour ago, CanuckinEdm said:

really? haha Vancouver cant even sell out a game. Biggest Canadian fan bases are Toronto, Montreal and probably Edmonton (based on their past)

yah but what else is there to do in Deadmonton in the winter? 

3 hours ago, Sedinery33 said:

I know the title probably scared a lot of people away but anyway WTF is wrong with Eklund. I know he reports supposed rumors and once and a while I like to humor myself by going on his site to read them. Normally I go there just to read Carols articles on the Canucks as I think she is a decent writer and doesn't come up with these pie in the sky kinda shake your head rumors...

Todays Eklund is a good one:

On Beauchemin...

Lou Lamoriello has always liked Francois and there are some murmurs he could join the Leafs on a training camp tryout....However the Canucks have been trying to get something done here too...

Most people on CDC probably know that our D is pretty set, unless we plan on making some kind of trade before the season starts. Even if we make a trade why in the world would we bring in a player like Beachemin @ 37 years old seems to be counter intuitive to what the management team in Vancouver has been saying they are trying to do.

Anyone have any NHL contacts, back door twitter channels I should check out ect? I think it's time I start up a rumor blog 

I stopped going to Eklund site because he's a click bait hack.  Also I thought Carol's articles were just recaps of games and other peoples ideas.  I never thought she had much input like say the Canucks Army guys have.

Yeah, whenever I see Eklund and Canucks in the same sentence, I just assume it's rumourmongering for page views.

That said, we are talking about a PTO. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Canucks bring in a few guys on tryouts. We do it pretty much every year. And Green seems to really believe in running a competive camp where guys have to earn their spots and have no guarantees. 

Would Beauchemin be my first choice for a Vancouver PTO?

Nope.

But would I be shocked if he indeed ended up getting invited?

Not really.

EDIT: Also, given the challenges of split squads, veteran minimums, and travel to China, I wouldn't be surprised if we decided to add some PTOs just to provide some extra warm bodies for exhibition games.

To be fair, if you read exactly what Eklund wrote, he didn't say Canucks were in on Beauchemin...he said they were trying to get something done there.

In Eklund-clickbait-lingo that could also mean, "Canucks have been trying to get something done with TO's D situation"... in which case he gets Canuck clicks and still is only kinda half-not lying.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Edmonton, you must be kidding.  Notorious sit on their hands fanbase.   City of lottery champions.

Yeah but throughout those lottery years they were still selling out. Vancouver is a notorious sit on their hands team, we have 2 really bad years and it looks like Florida in there some games.  

Anti-Eklund vitriol.....how original, no seriously I miss 2009 too...maybe start a thread about how Jan Bullis sucks...........The dude has a website, he's allowed to have one. YOU are the one that typed its address into your browser. Whether he knows something about deals that are discussed or doesn't is something YOU will never know, yet you don't seem bothered by letting YOUR unfounded presumptions roam free on the 'net......Clickbait hatin'? Yet the thread title is "Eklund WTF"? That's CDC click bait 101, the only difference between you and what you accuse Eklund of being is that he's a lot more successful than you are................don't like him? STOP GOING TO HIS SITE.....but then, CDC loves a scapegoat, so carry on assuring yourself that you're better than him....hmm, doesn't that feel good?

I had a connection with a pretty good inside source and found out about Kassian well in advance of us trading him. But other than those types of situations, there is unlikely a source that would have this much information. Even if Eklund had a direct line to a GM there wouldn't be this amount of information on every team. 

18 hours ago, shayster007 said:

I'm actually hoping we pick up Franson helping open up a Tanev trade.

I'm a proponent of signing Franson, too, but would that help make Tanev expendable? They are almost the complete opposite when it comes to play-style.

6 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

I'm a proponent of signing Franson, too, but would that help make Tanev expendable? They are almost the complete opposite when it comes to play-style.

Nothing we could do would make Tanev entirely expendable. He's a primier shutdown defensemen and elite shot suppressor. Franson would just be a warm body that could play NHL minutes while our defensive prospects mature or Tryamkin decides to return  (my guess is 2 years). In my head Stetcher continues his top pairing minutes with Edler while Guddy fills in as the go to defensive guy. I think Guddy has alot  more to show us. Cody would play bottom 6 with pp time.

On 7/21/2017 at 9:54 AM, ice orca said:

Haha Eklund's last rumor about the Canuck's went 30 pages, lot's of people get sucked into the Eklund vortex.

When I see Eklund, I see fun. Never click any of the links, but it's always fun to see the #$@% storms that guy can stir up.

On 7/22/2017 at 2:46 AM, terrible.dee said:

Anti-Eklund vitriol.....how original, no seriously I miss 2009 too...maybe start a thread about how Jan Bullis sucks...........The dude has a website, he's allowed to have one. YOU are the one that typed its address into your browser. Whether he knows something about deals that are discussed or doesn't is something YOU will never know, yet you don't seem bothered by letting YOUR unfounded presumptions roam free on the 'net......Clickbait hatin'? Yet the thread title is "Eklund WTF"? That's CDC click bait 101, the only difference between you and what you accuse Eklund of being is that he's a lot more successful than you are................don't like him? STOP GOING TO HIS SITE.....but then, CDC loves a scapegoat, so carry on assuring yourself that you're better than him....hmm, doesn't that feel good?

Do you wake up looking for things to be angry about or does it gradually build during your day?   

To be honest Toronto makes a ton of sense to bring in a veteran who is solid defensively to their group.  I can see a case for us too if Tanev is getting moved.

This is still nothing more than anyone could have figured out making an educated guess.  Please remove this fraud from the list of legitimate sources.

On 7/21/2017 at 11:45 AM, CanuckinEdm said:

For a period of over 10 years prior to a couple of years ago, Canucks sold out every game. They were actually on one of the longest streaks in the league.

Not going to argue against Toronto and Montreal as they tend to be arguably the "center of the hockey world". However, I say don't underestimate over here still.

Archived