The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Google Pixel Phone question...

yawn.3x

Hey guys, I just got a Google Pixel, but I have one question about it. I tried doing a search on Google for it but couldn't find anything. Every so often the phone will pop up saying, "check out your latest Automatic Creation!" but I have no idea what that is/does or how to turn it on/off. Anybody more experienced with the phone able to enlighten me? Thank you!

3 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I think it's a Google Photos thing but maybe someone will correct me.

It makes GIFs and panormas etc. automatically when photos are backed up to it. Not sure how to turn it off as it's never really bothered me and I like having my photos backed up so I can save memory.

This is pretty much it. A neat feature imo, I personally like it. If you want more info, check out this link

https://www.androidcentral.com/understanding-assistant-google-photos-and-what-it-can-do-you

How do you guys like the phone?

Pros and Cons?

I currently have an LG G4 and love it, but since they've removed the volume buttons from back of phone, I think I'll consider other options when the time comes.

7 hours ago, Hobble said:

Pros and Cons?

I currently have an LG G4 and love it, but since they've removed the volume buttons from back of phone, I think I'll consider other options when the time comes.

I just got one as my previous contract expired and even though I haven't had it long I would say it's a solid phone. The only phone I can compare it to is my previous one which was the Galaxy S4 and overall I'd say they are fairly even. The pixel has a better camera while I liked the screen of the Galaxy better. What I mean by screen is just the overall look and feel of it. The one noticeable feature I like about the pixel is it's much faster and that it has a finger print lock which is quite handy. If I had to choose a con I would say some of the features seem hard to find. For example you have to manually turn on the notification blinking light which took a bit of looking to figure out but like I said I have not had it long. Overall I'd recommend it. Hope that helps.

10 hours ago, Hobble said:

Pros and Cons?

Don't have one, my sister and my bro in law have it, it looks like a wonderful phone. very solid, nice display,nice camera all in all a very nice android phone.  Pricey though.

Archived