The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #11: Updated With Tiebreaker

Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #11  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Current Ranking:

1. Brock Boeser (104 votes - 53.97%)

2. Elias Pettersson (84 votes - 44.44%)

3. Olli Juolevi (95 votes - 54.29%)

4. Thatcher Demko (165 votes - 77.83%)

5. Jonathan Dahlen (77 votes - 41.62%)

6. Adam Gaudette (70 votes - 37.84%)

7. Nikolay Goldobin (90 votes - 55.21%)

8. Jake Virtanen (123 votes - 72.78%)

9. Kole Lind (68 votes - 40.48%)

10. Guillaume Brisebois (57 votes - 36.54%)

Eligible Prospects:

Rodrigo Abols
Matthew Brassard
Cole Candella
Michael Carcone
Cole Cassels
Anton Cederholm
Jalen Chatfield
Michael DiPietro
Jonah Gadjovich
Kristoffer Gunnarsson
Philip Holm
Lukas Jasek
Joseph LaBate
Yan-Pavel Laplante
William Lockwood
Zack MacEwen
Evan McEneny
Brett McKenzie
Griffen Molino
Petrus Palmu
Andrey Pedan
Jack Rathbone
Ashton Sautner
Mackenzie Stewart
Jakub Stukel
Jordan Subban
Dmitri Zhukenov

Just want to add my two cents from watching most of these guys live at the prospects game. 

Chatfield decent CHL defenseman. Unspectacular.  Longshot to make the nhl. 

Dipietro. Brutal format for goalies. Hard to judge. Moves well.

Gadjovich. Decent CHL forward. Looks like a gamer but his skating is sub par.  Not talented like tkachuk level.

Gunnarson.  Favorite surprise of the prospect game. Big strong physical skates well.  Hits a ton. 5 to 6 Nhl defensive defenceman potential with snarl. Really big on him. 

Lockwood wasn't playing due to rehabbing shoulder. Too bad would have loved to see him live.

MacEwen.  Real pleasant surprise. Fast tenacious hard nosed. Always on the puck. Really like this kid. Definite bottom 6 potential. Could be a great future role player.

Palmu. Liked him but damn he is so small. That likely keeps him from having nhl success.

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Just want to add my two cents from watching most of these guys live at the prospects game. 

Chatfield decent CHL defenseman. Unspectacular.  Longshot to make the nhl. 

Dipietro. Brutal format for goalies. Hard to judge. Moves well.

Gadjovich. Decent CHL forward. Looks like a gamer but his skating is sub par.  Not talented like tkachuk level.

Gunnarson.  Favorite surprise of the prospect game. Big strong physical skates well.  Hits a ton. 5 to 6 Nhl defensive defenceman potential with snarl. Really big on him. 

Lockwood wasn't playing due to rehabbing shoulder. Too bad would have loved to see him live.

MacEwen.  Real pleasant surprise. Fast tenacious hard nosed. Always on the puck. Really like this kid. Definite bottom 6 potential. Could be a great future role player.

Palmu. Liked him but damn he is so small. That likely keeps him from having nhl success.

Personally, I had Gadjovich higher.  He's very aggressive, tough as nails, and skates well from the dots down - much like Tkatchuk.  I see our guy as tougher than the pest the Flames have.  Gadjovich will soon be punching Tkatchuk, knocking him out, and making him cry like a little baby spark.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Personally, I had Gadjovich higher.  He's very aggressive, tough as nails, and skates well from the dots down - much like Tkatchuk.  I see our guy as tougher than the pest the Flames have.  Gadjovich will soon be punching Tkatchuk, knocking him out, and making him cry like a little baby spark.  

Lol would love to see it. What I mean about Gadjovich is unlike Tkachuk who stepped right in to the nhl and had a great rookie year, gadjovich is not at that level. He will need to develop before he gets a shot at the nhl. I've read people making the comparison so just wanted to say I like the kid but hes definitely  not tkachuk yet...

its a tight race folks! 3 votes separate the front runners in Jonah Gadjovich and William Lockwood !

my apparent long shot jordan Subban seems to be taking a nose dive folks.  who will win this epic battle!

find out next time on cdc top prospect z.

5 hours ago, Burnt Gravy said:

We are down to Gillis era quality here.

Dipietro will make the NHL because he has said he will. There is no failure in him. I think he has the best chance at this point. 

You are being to generous to the Gillis regime.  Wait until pick 16-17 before making those claims!

Continuing to sell Gunnarson based on watching how well he played live at the Canucks prospects game.. He played on Sweden's 2017 world junior team. His teammates included one Elias Petersson one Johnathon Dahlen and one (hopefully) future Canuck  Rasmus Dahlin.

Tellin ya Gunnarson's a player.  

Gunnarson was drafted 135. For reference Hutton in his year was 147 and Bieksa in his year was 151. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Well, I think gads scored more goals than MT on A crappier team I have never been sold on MT and I think this year will be worse for him.  sure he had 30 assists. But 13 goals playing top 6 mins and pp and he gets nothing but love. Jake scores 8 in 53 playing on the 4th line with plugs and saw no pp time or the 3rd period. Well, at least the last 10 mins and we label him A bust? id bet my M3 and type R basically my children lol that he would have put up better numbers

Archived