The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cremation vs. Burial – where to check in when you’ve checked out?

Slegr

21 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I rather go the Star Trek route and just be ejected into space. Hopefully get on a half decent orbit around something in space.

Maybe I'll turned into a zombie on Mars. 

This is a good idea, never know what alien race will find you, then they'll experiment on you, and you might even have a good chance of comic back to life in one of those experiments.

Whole planet's dying, & the US serves as a giant, flashing, neon tombstone.

MSM kept selling "2100" as when the SHTF, but I doubt the masses still buy that tripe. Bills are coming due.

Also could be the elite .00000000001%'ers kick off a nuke war, like petulant children. In that case, cremation's in the cards.

Cremate me, and then bury my ashes in one of those degradeable pots that grows into a tree.

EDIT: I see the poster above is thinking the same way! I think a "cemetery" full of trees, that would receive the same respect and protection as current cemeteries would be a very nice place and good for the environment!

That, or launch my body into space so I can either be cremated on the Sun or be reanimated by an intelligent alien species.

56 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Originally I had planned on cremation, but the new green burials sound like a good way to go.  They put you in a bio-degradable box, and instead of a tombstone they plant a tree on top of you.  And in some cases, I have heard that to save space they plant you vertically.

Make it an Ash tree and you can have the best of both worlds....^_^

1 minute ago, Hobble said:

Cremate me, and then bury my ashes in one of those degradeable pots that grows into a tree.

That, or launch my body into space so I can either be cremated on the Sun or be reanimated by an intelligent alien species.

The effect would be much the same (youd be crushed and burned up) but I think it'd be cooler (no pun intended) to be shot into the heart of a gas giant.

Maybe the Great Red Spot....or Yavin...

I plan to freeze my head and have some future scientist and/or alien get me a me new body.

But if that doesn't work out cremation for sure. The funeral industry is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned. Scatter me over Cypress Mountain and have a beer instead. 

14 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I plan to freeze my head and have some future scientist and/or alien get me a me new body.

But if that doesn't work out cremation for sure. The funeral industry is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned. Scatter me over Cypress Mountain and have a beer instead. 

i'm the opposite. i'ld want a new head, one that doesn't leak sawdust.

It is pleasantly surprising to see how many folks favour cremation on here. I imagine the results may be quite different on an NHL team forum from a Bible Belt southern state, like the Hurricanes or Stars. 

In some ways I can appreciate the traditional religious customs connected to burials, but on the other hand it also seems like one last kick at the environment as we head out the door.

19 minutes ago, Slegr said:

It is pleasantly surprising to see how many folks favour cremation on here. I imagine the results may be quite different on an NHL team forum from a Bible Belt southern state, like the Hurricanes or Stars. 

In some ways I can appreciate the traditional religious customs connected to burials, but on the other hand it also seems like one last kick at the environment as we head out the door.

I'd suspect it's a more traditional thing for Christians than a religious thing. As a devout Christian myself, I see no reason to be buried, as stated in my post earlier. That said, both my grandfathers have been buried, so I guess it's just more of a traditional thing.

Archived