The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Robin Lehner re-signs with Sabres

Toews

13 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

5 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

They should have traded him FAR away from Burr's division..poor guy, AB drove him to drink :^)

I remember all of CDC crying like little girls with skinned knees when this happened...  Theeeeeyy hurt our guy!!  Waaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!  Mean old Buffalo Sabres! *sniff* 

tumblr_m8j6mgDOST1qmary5o1_400.gif

6 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I remember all of CDC crying like little girls with skinned knees when this happened...  Theeeeeyy hurt our guy!!  Waaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!  Mean old Buffalo Sabres! *sniff* 

tumblr_m8j6mgDOST1qmary5o1_400.gif

And Lehner still sucks, so what's your point?  Odds are that the Sabres will miss the playoffs again this year. Maybe management should think about drafting a defenseman

10 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

really? I remember it as Burr getting hilariously under the skin of Lehner. When you can make a goalie blow up that bad you know you've got a special talent :lol: 

the only part CDC was upset about was getting jumped by Falk 

5 hours ago, Comet Fan 0727 said:

And Lehner still sucks, so what's your point?  Odds are that the Sabres will miss the playoffs again this year. Maybe management should think about drafting a defenseman

Talk more out of your a*s maybe? 

Lehner set new career highs in the 2016-17 season in games played (59), wins (23) and shutouts (two). He ranked third in the NHL with 1,758 saves and turning in the ninth-best save percentage (.920) ever recorded by a Sabres goaltender with at least 40 appearances in a season. His .921 save percentage through two seasons with the Sabres ranks sixth among all NHL goaltenders with at least 50 games played during that span.

As for the playoffs, neither of my teams have much of a chance to make them.  The Canucks are bottom feeders as are the Sabres.  It's a good thing that I love watching hockey in general rather than just watching when they win or I'd be on a fistful of anti-depressants with these 2 teams.

Also, the Sabres have picked up 2 or 3 new d-men in the last 2-3 months.

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

really? I remember it as Burr getting hilariously under the skin of Lehner. When you can make a goalie blow up that bad you know you've got a special talent :lol: 

the only part CDC was upset about was getting jumped by Falk 

It's CDC, while people were whining about both Lehner and Falk, me and only a couple of other people were being constructive making mention that the Canucks needed to respond hard in that game...

Sadly, they didn't stick up for their teammate.  JB needs to change the culture in that locker-room.  It's one of the reasons why Jake not being in the NHL is so frustrating.  A player with his size and attitude could fire up the rest of the team when it needs a swift kick in the rear-end.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

It's CDC, while people were whining about both Lehner and Falk, me and only a couple of other people were being constructive making mention that the Canucks needed to respond hard in that game...

Sadly, they didn't stick up for their teammate.  JB needs to change the culture in that locker-room.  It's one of the reasons why Jake not being in the NHL is so frustrating.  A player with his size and attitude could fire up the rest of the team when it needs a swift kick in the rear-end.

yah i agree totally. When Falk jumped Burr the 1st thing (maybe 2nd) was why don't we do more of that? 

I don't care how many wins Green gets next year, but I do want to see a culture shift. Granted Falks a big dude but even still, you don't have to be 6-5 to stick up for your team mates. On Jake tho, the league have him a ridiculous suspension for Polaks lovely swan dive, so he's going to have to learn to be smarter about it. 

Lehner was hilarious tho, looked like he had rabies. 

6 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

yah i agree totally. When Falk jumped Burr the 1st thing (maybe 2nd) was why don't we do more of that? 

I don't care how many wins Green gets next year, but I do want to see a culture shift. Granted Falks a big dude but even still, you don't have to be 6-5 to stick up for your team mates. On Jake tho, the league have him a ridiculous suspension for Polaks lovely swan dive, so he's going to have to learn to be smarter about it. 

Lehner was hilarious tho, looked like he had rabies. 

He has a fiery temper.  I love when he gets angry.  I wouldn't be shocked if he drools at some point. :lol:  It looks like he wants to kill the other person when he gets angry.  He challenged a former teammate of his to a fight not long after the Sabres got him.  The other player declined.  Lehner is a very big boy.

The only thing that hurts Lehner, is Lehner.. He cost the Sabres that game, and allowed Burrows to do what Burrows does best, chirp and get under your skin.  Falk bought into it too.  Imagine how good Lehner could be if he could keep his emotion in check (discipline).  He has all the tools, just needs to grow up a bit.  At the beginning of the year last year I honestly thought Buffalo was going to be a force, with Eichel and company putting up some serious numbers.  What turned out was a very mediocre team that was frustrated by coaching and management, and the frustration boiled over into the media.  They have made changes this off season, and HOPEFULLY they can make it to the dance this coming season.

Archived