The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-signing] Rangers lock up Mika Zibanejad 5 x 5.35

Mika has put up similar offense to what Horvat did last year for multiple years now. Plus his underlying numbers are significantly better.

Still think Horvat isn't worth more than $5 mil. If he's seeking more than that on a long term deal, I'd prefer a 2-year bridge deal around $4.5.

13 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He would be my direct comparative to Bo Horvat, and I feel Mika has done more to earn this contract.

i would agree but bo is a little younger.  i hope we can lock bo in the 4.5-5.3

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

Man I wish we tried to trade for him... but I guess we didn't have a piece like Brassard. 

Not sure what's taking so long for Bo to sign... 

Can't remember who was on the 1040 about a week ago, but it was mentioned that Bo's agency tends to not rush things. Seems to be a negotiating tactic. I wouldn't begin worrying until camp begins. Still time to work things out.

7 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

The Canucks want to do a bridge deal, Horvat's camp wants long-term. 

probably other way around.  nux want to lock him up somewhere between 4-6 years.  i wouldn't be surprised if the agent recommended a bridge though.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

probably other way around.  nux want to lock him up somewhere between 4-6 years.  i wouldn't be surprised if the agent recommended a bridge though.

Really? A four year contract would make Bo a free agent at 26....you really think that is what the Canucks want?

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Based on recent interviews with Linden and Benning, the Canucks prefer a short term deal. And considering it's taken this long to negotiate a contract, I would say Bo's camp is on the opposite end of the spectrum, aka the long term. 

5 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Based on recent interviews with Linden and Benning, the Canucks prefer a short term deal. And considering it's taken this long to negotiate a contract, I would say Bo's camp is on the opposite end of the spectrum, aka the long term. 

They have changed their minds?  Benning has always said long term deal.  

21 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Really? A four year contract would make Bo a free agent at 26....you really think that is what the Canucks want?

i dont know. jim said they wanted a longer term deal eariler in the off season. Then trevor said not an 8 year deal.  im assuming 7 would be too long as well.  so more then a 3 which is standard and less then 7 leaves a 4-6 year window they are looking within.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Jims mouth. on several occusations. check out jims interview on tsn after the season and around the draft.

If you have the source, please link it. All I see is an interview in November saying they want to sign him long term, but with the way things are going it definitely sounds like they've changed their stance. 

Archived