The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Canada Announces Pre-Olympic Rosters

Fanuck

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I disagree, the blame starts and ends with Bettman.

As much as I dislike Bettman, he's just the mouth-piece for the owners.  It's the owners who pull the strings.  As depressing as it is not to be able to put forward our best (I feel like we've fallen back into the cold-war era) I'm still going to watch and I'm still going to cheer for our lads.  How could I not?  It will feel better when we win despite having the deck stacked against us.  I'm still annoyed about it though.  Go Canada Go!

Third is a friendly reminder the the mvp as a business does not give a $&!# about the fans whatsoever. They can continue to air documentaries about counterfeit jerseys and scalping tickets all they want they will not get any more money than it takes to see a couple games a year from me. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd much rather see players like Raymond represent Canada rather than Marchand and Keith.

This would make the Olympics more exciting if this team could go far. Not as fun to watch anymore when Canada just steamrolls everyone.

Nice to see some other guys getting a chance to play, but this will hardly be the tournament we've come to expect as hockey fans.

I guess we could do a Change.org petition stating that we will watch the Olympic games and boycott NHL League games, while the tournament is running.

Would have to get a LOT of signatures and fans actually doing it, to make a difference. Really depends on how much we want to see NHL players at the Olympics in 2022.

Thoughts? How much does everyone want the NHL players there?

On 7/26/2017 at 0:50 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Spengler Cup had a better team. :sick:

Much much better... Well back to the days of Eastern Europe / Scandinavia / Russia dominating Olympic hockey once again... Ratings; going, going, going, going....gone....

Be interesting to see how much viewership falls for mens hockey. Im thinking somewhere in between decathlon and the cross country skiing ;P 

Archived