The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo for Leon(Proposal-Discussion)

1 hour ago, HockeydownUnder said:

So now it's the eastern media. Jeez between the eastern media and the nhl commission from the south, looks like they might have us outnumbered!

You're free to do as you please. I question the integrity of the game all the time. You only have to look at the Colin Campbell/Marc Savard fiasco to know that corruption is in the NHL, much like any league of any sport

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Have-Savard-emails-exposed-NHL-s-Colin-Campbell-?urn=nhl-285531

Did the predators have the first goal of game 7 called off because the nhl had it against them? No! It's because sometimes refs mess up. The idea that the refs are being told by Bettman to rig games is laughable

The 2 best young players in the nhl both went to Canadian teams. Winnipeg also drafted Laine

As for circumventing the cap by offloading bad contracts, how about the Nathan Horton for David Clarkson deal? Horton gave the Leafs a lot of cap space that they didn't have because of Clarkson

Tax rates hurt Canadian teams. The cold weather hurts Canadian teams. Heck, the amount of travel the Canucks have to do is a big turn off for a lot of players, especially older ones that have families. 

Bettman is not the reason that Canadian teams have done poorly the last 10 years. 

Hmm..I like starting with what we agree upon, for as sport fans, we're both entitled to our views here. Your earlier reference(complaint?) to my previous post, I called c***suckers they who trotted out that tired "conspiracy-theorist" meme, was just. I apologize to any I've offended with that particular slur(hear it doesn't go over well, this day & age).

I've also heard the US guv started that marginalizing-strategy back in the 60's(for any who questioned Guv't narratives). By now, we've all surely realized that the fish rots from the head down, & TPTB(like MSM) are irredeemably corrupt. To me, it's intellectually lazy to rely upon this tired cliche(consp theor)..but to each their own, I s'pose?

You LIKE the eastern(largely driven/funded) media? Sure you'll find PLENTY here who'd love to question such judgement. Many folks who'll engage in 'exciting' debate with you, on the matter. Perhaps you're reeeal young..does MacLean taking on Burr ring a bell? Did you see that garbage(vs the Leafers) early last season, & pay attn to media-justification? Perhaps you were distracted, or scouring websites for evil conspiracy-theorists?

I started this thread to discuss a possible deal. This has gotten deep in a different jungle, with folks swingin' blunt machetes..thus, I'll leave this matter here. Out of courtesy, you're welcome to comment further, but there are bigger matters in this world, worthy of analysis/opinions. Have a good day.

12 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Hmm..I like starting with what we agree upon, for as sport fans, we're both entitled to our views here. Your earlier reference(complaint?) to my previous post, I called c***suckers they who trotted out that tired "conspiracy-theorist" meme, was just. I apologize to any I've offended with that particular slur(hear it doesn't go over well, this day & age).

I've also heard the US guv started that marginalizing-strategy back in the 60's(for any who questioned Guv't narratives). By now, we've all surely realized that the fish rots from the head down, & TPTB(like MSM) are irredeemably corrupt. To me, it's intellectually lazy to rely upon this tired cliche(consp theor)..but to each their own, I s'pose?

You LIKE the eastern(largely driven/funded) media? Sure you'll find PLENTY here who'd love to question such judgement. Many folks who'll engage in 'exciting' debate with you, on the matter. Perhaps you're reeeal young..does MacLean taking on Burr ring a bell? Did you see that garbage(vs the Leafers) early last season, & pay attn to media-justification? Perhaps you were distracted, or scouring websites for evil conspiracy-theorists?

I started this thread to discuss a possible deal. This has gotten deep in a different jungle, with folks swingin' blunt machetes..thus, I'll leave this matter here. Out of courtesy, you're welcome to comment further, but there are bigger matters in this world, worthy of analysis/opinions. Have a good day.

I think the unbalanced slagging that we get from eastern media is more of an issue for fans in the west than it is for the players. I think that eastern media and the intense scrutiny they give to teams, particularly Toronto and Montreal is far more damaging. The intense pressure coaches and players go through causes problems at times.

http://www.gohabsgo.com/2016/09/12/a-slap-to-the-face-of-pacioretty/

http://www.gohabsgo.com/2016/06/07/guy-lafleur-calls-out-max-pacioretty/

Guy has five 30+ goal seasons in 6 seasons, the only season less than that was after he had his back broken by Chara. And he still can't get any positive recognition.

I don't know how you got from what I said before that I like eastern media. I think Mike Milbury is a disgrace to the sport and I can't wrap my head around how he still has a job. I just think eastern media does more damage to teams in the east than teams in the west

A Horvat/Draisaitl deal could be a big win for both sides.

But it has to make sense for Edmonton.

The rumoured desire from D's camp pushes a little towards a deal.

Horvat's immergence on the score sheet while on a really bad team also helps.

Horvat is a much better FO guy and that need was showed in the playoffs.

Horvat does have history with McDavid, another plus.

IMO if the Oil had not made the playoffs this could have been almost a one for one deal, but D showed exceptionally well in those games increasing his value.

For the Nucks they need additional top line prospects, to get those they would need o sweeten the pot.

I have a man crush on Puljujarvi, I admit it. He has everything the Nucks need, size, point production and age.

Edmonton is not going to move Maroon, but they might want another prospect (played locally) of similar style, Virtanen to fill in where Eberle was, but Virtanen isn't showing a great deal of improvement/worth over the last 2 years.

Sweeten some more or change that idea all together.

Horvat, OJ, whoever (not Tanev) and 2 2nd round picks

or

Horvat, Tanev and Virtanen

Or

Horvat, 2018 1rst and Markstrom

or

Horvat + + +, defencemen are always needed in the playoffs, the Canucks will have a couple of years to deal with that and if anything the European scouts are good at finding ones that can play in the NHL. There is always UFA's and other trades possible.

FOR

Draisaitl and Jesse Puljujarvi

These two step into the line up NOW, Sedins are still around to mentor while somewhat effective, they are the replacements with draft picks yet to come and current prospects that could make a dent in 2 or 3 years.

The cap has to be considered, taking back a bad contract could tip the balance. 

Even if a deal like this is done the Nucks will still need one more season before playoff contention.

For the Oilers, their window opened when they signed McDavid's new contract, some of their vets are in the wheel house right now, the next 3 years for some.

44 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

IMO if the Oil had not made the playoffs this could have been almost a one for one deal, but D showed exceptionally well in those games increasing his value.

For the Nucks they need additional top line prospects, to get those they would need o sweeten the pot.

I have a man crush on Puljujarvi, I admit it. He has everything the Nucks need, size, point production and age.

Edmonton is not going to move Maroon, but they might want another prospect (played locally) of similar style, Virtanen to fill in where Eberle was, but Virtanen isn't showing a great deal of improvement/worth over the last 2 years.

or

Or

or

Horvat + + +, defencemen are always needed in the playoffs, the Canucks will have a couple of years to deal with that and if anything the European scouts are good at finding ones that can play in the NHL. There is always UFA's and other trades possible.

FOR

These two step into the line up NOW, Sedins are still around to mentor while somewhat effective, they are the replacements with draft picks yet to come and current prospects that could make a dent in 2 or 3 years.

Even if a deal like this is done the Nucks will still need one more season before playoff contention.

For the Oilers, their window opened when they signed McDavid's new contract, some of their vets are in the wheel house right now, the next 3 years for some.

Getting one seems a pipe-dream..you'd never land both. Chia would have to be mad as a hatter.

On 2017-08-07 at 5:33 PM, TheGuardian_ said:

or

Or

or

FOR

Dream big or go home!  

I dont beleive that JP will be on the block unless he holds out or goes back to Europe. Unlikely. 

I think the value is still really close between LD and Bo.  The lower cap hit is worth a lot to Edmonton. 

I can see the potential for a Bo for LD deal.  But that's about as far as it goes for me. 

1 hour ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Dream big or go home!  

I dont beleive that JP will be on the block unless he holds out or goes back to Europe. Unlikely. 

I think the value is still really close between LD and Bo.  The lower cap hit is worth a lot to Edmonton. 

I can see the potential for a Bo for LD deal.  But that's about as far as it goes for me. 

If Edmonton could show a deal where they get a "seasoned" NHL player that can step into their line and help over the next 2/3 playoff years they may move JP. They did trade both Hall and Eberle after all.

I do feel that between Bo and Leon Bo might be just wee bit better but without playoffs to compare the two the edge goes to Leon.

I am sure that a straight up one for one deal would have Canuck fans attempting another riot.

Archived