The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gilman with the best Horvat insight yet

Rush17

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Apparently you were unwilling or unable to read the ridiculous post that Rob was responding to. Perhaps because it came from one of your bridge-dwelling colleagues.

Don't bother - it does not seem that there is a willingness to listen or have context.

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Meh, a little effort maybe considering I post on my phone and typings harder, thanks for your concern about my family, we will do fine.  Modest flattenning, interest rates go up ... You know the drill right?

Yup, I know the drill.   I am hoping interest rates go waaaay up personally.   I am not in debt so selfishly would love to see the option of bonds and other fixed income investments back as real options to take some of the risk out of the market as the current balloon of stocks will burst at some point and that is never fun.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yup, I know the drill.   I am hoping interest rates go waaaay up personally.   I am not in debt so selfishly would love to see the option of bonds and other fixed income investments back as real options to take some of the risk out of the market as the current balloon of stocks will burst at some point and that is never fun.

It's all part of it.  There is money to be made both on the down and the up, tricky to know when to cash out, and what stocks to leave alone....and when to buy again.  Eventually it won't matter as much, you need three or four million now a days to be comfortable...that takes time for most folks me included.  Retirement isn't as fun as it's made out to be but it has it perks such as CDC debates and hockey nerd stuff.  Hope you do well in the next recession, and come out of it richer than when it started.

37 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's all part of it.  There is money to be made both on the down and the up, tricky to know when to cash out, and what stocks to leave alone....and when to buy again.  Eventually it won't matter as much, you need three or four million now a days to be comfortable...that takes time for most folks me included.  Retirement isn't as fun as it's made out to be but it has it perks such as CDC debates and hockey nerd stuff.  Hope you do well in the next recession, and come out of it richer than when it started.

Not sure about "richer" but agree with you on the target amount for retirement and don't want to erode mine.     Scary how many people are no where close to that number and haven't done the math for a post-work life with a 2 to 4% return on their money.

8 hours ago, lmm said:

is there a secret CDC society that gives one poster the responsibilty of telling all others "You have no clue"?

It used to be Smithers Joe, then it was Old Newsman and now its Rob_Zepp 

Do you have a special key on your computer that spits that out so you don't have to type the whole thing out all the time?

I think I should try throwing that into my arguments every 3rd post.

You have not clue because you're not Jim, haven't played pro, and don't know Stealthnuck.

But but... we are all experts right? We're call Canucks right and know everything! Don't burst mah bubble dude!

To be fair, I've used that comment at times myself. It's kind of accurate but no one seems to like it. lol

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

It's like how I'm in my early 30's and going back to university for computer science. I have a degree in business but just found I didn't have interest in the end and starting "spinning tires". So now I've invested in my education again and hoping to combine business, computer science, perhaps also my music and sound background as well. :)

Wish I played hockey but all I can do is try and be logical with the conversations on CDC. lol

Personally I thought the most interesting thing Gilman had to say was Henrik asking Willie to cancel practise for the sake of team moral after Burrows and Hansen were moved. Then they won the next two games on the road. Leadership.

Archived