The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #17

Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #17  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

We are officially down to Gillis level prospects. Considering it took to Pick #17, it goes to show how terrible Gillis drafting was

Gillis was working with a winning team meaning low picks and dealing picks to try to win the cup. Different scenarios, but I do agree that Benning's drafting is probably better than Gillis' when you look into the later rounds.

I like Benning way more than Gillis. Benning can still find the gems in later rounds.

Tryamkin - 3rd round (66)

Brisebois - 3rd round (66)

Zhukenov - 4th round (114)

Gaudette - 5th round (149)

DiPietro - 3rd round (64)

Rathbone - 4th round (95)

Gunnarsson - 5th round (135)

Palmu - 6th round (181)

15 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Molino yet again.

Chatfield and Gunnarsson in the mix as well.

The way I look at it, Molino's upside is probably that of a 3rd line forward. I would also argue that Labate's upside is the same, although they are 2 different types of players. IMO Labate has an opportunity to become a dominant 3rd line player. Molino, while fast, doesn't possess the same ability to dominate. So for that reason I have to vote for Labate (again).

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I like Benning way more than Gillis. Benning can still find the gems in later rounds.

Palmu - 6th round (181)

You might have some coloured glasses on there. Of those eight gems, four were just picked this year and in total, just one of them has played any NHL games. Let's wait and see if any of them make the NHL full-time before giving Benning all that credit.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

You might have some coloured glasses on there. Of those eight gems, four were just picked this year and in total, just one of them has played any NHL games. Let's wait and see if any of them make the NHL full-time before giving Benning all that credit.

Fair enough, but I'm still optimistic that a few of those guys will become NHL players.

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Palmu - 6th round (181)

It's pretty early to be calling any of those players gems. Maybe Gaudette, maybe Tryamkin if you don't consider the fact that he bolted to the KHL. The rest of them were drafted where they were for a reason. Not to say they won't devlop into NHL players but the chances of them become big time players are slim. 

11 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Palmu - 6th round (181)

Hm. Tryamkin is the only one of those who has done anything yet and hes in the K now. Maybe way a year or two. 

Archived