Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #17

Rate this topic

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #17  

121 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the Canucks' #17 prospect?

    • Rodrigo Abols
      0
    • Matthew Brassard
      0
    • Cole Candella
      0
    • Michael Carcone
      0
    • Cole Cassels
      3
    • Anton Cederholm
      0
    • Jalen Chatfield
      18
    • Kristoffer Gunnarsson
      6
    • Philip Holm
      6
    • Lukas Jasek
      1
    • Joseph LaBate
      11
    • Yan-Pavel Laplante
      0
    • Zack MacEwen
      14
    • Brett McKenzie
      1
    • Griffen Molino
      26
    • Andrey Pedan
      10
    • Jack Rathbone
      11
    • Jakob Stukel
      2
    • Dmitri Zhukenov
      8
    • Other
      0


Recommended Posts

Current Ranking:

1. Brock Boeser (104 votes - 53.97%)

2. Elias Pettersson (84 votes - 44.44%)

3. Olli Juolevi (95 votes - 54.29%)

4. Thatcher Demko (165 votes - 77.83%)

5. Jonathan Dahlen (77 votes - 41.62%)

6. Adam Gaudette (70 votes - 37.84%)

7. Nikolay Goldobin (90 votes - 55.21%)

8. Jake Virtanen (123 votes - 72.78%)

9. Kole Lind (68 votes - 40.48%)

10. Guillaume Brisebois (57 votes - 36.54%)

11. Jonah Gadjovich (tiebreaker: 29 votes - 59.18%)

12. William Lockwood (91 votes - 66.42%)

13. Jordan Subban (47 votes - 37.9%)

14. Michael DiPietro (76 votes - 51.7%)

15. Evan McEneny (53 votes - 39.55%)

16. Petrus Palmu (25 votes - 19.38%)

 

Eligible Prospects:

Rodrigo Abols
Matthew Brassard
Cole Candella
Michael Carcone
Cole Cassels
Anton Cederholm
Jalen Chatfield
Kristoffer Gunnarsson
Philip Holm
Lukas Jasek
Joseph LaBate
Yan-Pavel Laplante
Zack MacEwen
Brett McKenzie
Griffen Molino
Andrey Pedan
Jack Rathbone
Ashton Sautner
Mackenzie Stewart
Jakub Stukel
Dmitri Zhukenov

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that Pedan has a huge upside (but I suppose we won't really know until we see more of him) but I do think that he's ready to kick some ***.  And I think we need some of that.  GCG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Molino. Anyone who has stepped foot in the nhl (regardless of how many games) is better than the rest. Big toss up imo afterwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went with Pedan again. He's showed his physical game is NHL ready and it's the little things he has to work on like taking less penalties and maintaining his defensive consistency. Nice seeing him chip in from time to time with Utica but it would be much better if he can bring on a daily basis

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going for Labate, due to the likelihood of him actually making the NHL over the chances of anyone else on this list. Molino is the only one who could challenge him in that category, though nether have very high ceilings.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are officially down to Gillis level prospects. Considering it took to Pick #17, it goes to show how terrible Gillis drafting was

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

We are officially down to Gillis level prospects. Considering it took to Pick #17, it goes to show how terrible Gillis drafting was

The Canuck prospect pool is a lot better than it has been for a long time. To some extent that is a reflection of some pretty low finishes in the last 4 years, whereas as Gillis usually has low picks and was trading picks to try to add value for a Cup run.

 

And, in fairness to Gillis, I  think we passed the Gillis point a while back. Throughout the Gillis regime there were usually two or three good prospects in the system. At various times in the Gillis regime the following guys (acquired by Gillis) were near the top of the prospect list. In the early years Gillis picked Hodgson, signed Tanev as a college free agent, picked Connauton, Jordan Schroeder, and Anton Rodin. Later he picked Gaunce, Hutton, Jensen, Horvat and Shinkaruk. Not all of those guys turned out great, but they all looked pretty good as prospects and would, in my view, all fit in the top 10 of the current list.

 

Here is a randomly selected list of the top prospects at the time Gillis was fired:

 

1) Bo Horvat

2) Hunter Shinkaruk

3) Ben Hutton

4) Frankie Corrado

5) Brendan Gaunce

6) Jordan Schroeder

7) Nick Jensen

8) Jordan Subban

9) Anton Rodin

10) Joe Labate

 

The current top 10 is a lot better, but this is not a terrible list -- certainly better than the 11 through 20 spots on the current list.

Edited by JamesB
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pedan has all of the tools and is tough as nails. Would love to see him get more ice time this year. My vote goes for Pedan!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JamesB said:

The current top 10 is a lot better, but this is not a terrible list -- certainly better than the 11 through 20 spots on the current list.

Well you'd certainly hope so...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JamesB said:

The Canuck prospect pool is a lot better than it has been for a long time. To some extent that is a reflection of some pretty low finishes in the last 4 years, whereas as Gillis usually has low picks and was trading picks to try to add value for a Cup run.

 

And, in fairness to Gillis, I  think we passed the Gillis point a while back. Throughout the Gillis regime there were usually two or three good prospects in the system. At various times in the Gillis regime the following guys (acquired by Gillis) were near the top of the prospect list. In the early years Gillis picked Hodgson, signed Tanev as a college free agent, picked Connauton, Jordan Schroeder, and Anton Rodin. Later he picked Gaunce, Hutton, Jensen, Horvat and Shinkaruk. Not all of those guys turned out great, but they all looked pretty good as prospects and would, in my view, all fit in the top 10 of the current list.

 

Here is a randomly selected list of the top prospects at the time Benning was fired:

 

1) Bo Horvat

2) Hunter Shinkaruk

3) Ben Hutton

4) Frankie Corrado

5) Brendan Gaunce

6) Jordan Schroeder

7) Nick Jensen

8) Jordan Subban

9) Anton Rodin

10) Joe Labate

 

The current top 10 is a lot better, but this is not a terrible list -- certainly better than the 11 through 20 spots on the current list.

Don't believe he picked connauton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.