The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4 Unforgettable Moments From 2016-17 ?

Nuxfanabroad

Fergettaboutit!..As the mafia guys say in the movies, that's the expression which sums up our 2016-17 campaign. Yet for me personally, it was enjoyed. Was the first time I paid to watch games(being out of continent). Didn't want to relent(on principle) & give them crooked b*stards a dime..but I caved, my brothers.

So now finally, we enter a season with basically ZEErow(!) expectations. Might be best for our collective blood pressure? At any rate, I have a question regarding the debacle/29th place that was...

What are your 4 most memorable on-ice plays/incidents from last season?

1- Loui into an empty net..Game 1, no less. What one play could better symbolize as harbinger of what was to come?

2- Millsy to the rescue! ByGawd we hate Torrana!.. & our skinny little 'tender threw down his mitts to jump into the fray. Will prob go down as one of those all-time images(that camera angle behind RM), whenever we scroll thru recent teams/memories. Thanks Millsy.

3- Henrik with a beauty on Lu, for 1K. Another moment that'll always fully resonate, whenever we look back. Hopefully Danny's is just as epic.

4- Brock ROCKS Minny. Right from the pre-game with his folks(Willie was damn classy with that one). Our young sniper(with Hollywood looks) announces his arrival with a rebound-tally.

HM: The Bo-dog!

Larsen in Jersey. Thank God the kid didn't get stepped on. Would've gone down as one of the most terrible/gruesome things in sport history(Granny & Marky helped out, I believe?). League d*mn-well have better learned something there!

1)Baertschi's kick pass to Boeser and then his pass to Horvat, and then Boeser knocking it in (reminded me of the heads up on the spot plays the Sedins made back in their prime)

2)Henriks 1000th pt and Luongo giving him bump to congratulate him

3) Us losing the lottery again

4) Burrows and Hansen getting traded right before a game starts

4 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

1)Baertschi's kick pass to Boeser and then his pass to Horvat, and then Boeser knocking it in (reminded me of the heads up on the spot plays the Sedins made back in their prime)

2)Henriks 1000th pt and Luongo giving him bump to congratulate him

3) Us losing the lottery again

4) Burrows and Hansen getting traded right before a game starts

Must be gettin old, PC..What team was that 1st play against?(early, mid or late-season?)

In no particular order:

-Hank's 1000th point

-Bo's 20th goal

-Millsy stepping up to Martin

-The whole Hansen getting dropped and breaking ribs then stepping up to Kadri in response to injuring Danny who somehow still scored on the play. It was a wild sequence, but both our guys displayed the true heart of a Canuck in the process.

Honorable mentions:

-Granny's two-goal games vs the Flames, Flyers, and Bruins. Wish the team had been able to get him the hatty! Also loved his air guitar-like celly after shooting the OT winner vs DAL.

-Hutty's penalty shot OT winner

-Bo's first fight

1 minute ago, Cramarossa said:

In no particular order:

-Hank's 1000th point

-Bo's 20th goal

-Millsy stepping up to Martin

-The whole Hansen getting dropped and breaking ribs then stepping up to Kadri in response to injuring Danny who somehow still scored on the play. It was a wild sequence, but both our guys displayed the true heart of a Canuck in the process.

Honorable mentions:

-Granny's two-goal games vs the Flames, Flyers, and Bruins. Wish the team had been able to get him the hatty! Also loved his air guitar-like celly after shooting the OT winner vs DAL.

-Hutty's penalty shot OT winner

-Bo's first fight

That was a good one! I believe it was also the first time the Canucks had beaten Dallas in two or three years as well.

7 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

HA! Right you are. Just remembered Brock cleaning up the mess. Just wakin up here, with only 1 coffee :^)

Happens to the best of us.

Quite the brutal year...

I don't know if I even have 4 highlights when I look back.

- Henrik's 1000th

- Bo's 50th point

- I guess when Henrik made the team scoring lead interesting the last game or two...shows how sad it is when this is a highlight that the team scoring lead was close at around 50 points.

- Ummmm...can I count Burrows' 2-goal first game with Ottawa?  I have nothing else.

14 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Also recall Stech scorin his 1st('tender pulled?) to tie it. Great play at the point! That was a great game.

Stech juking out Ja. Benn in the process was beautiful.

I'd like to add El Chapo's (Chaput's) two goals vs. BUF and Burr's old trolling antics towards Lehner to my honorable mentions. That was a fun, hilarious game. Think I'll rewatch that one tonight.

1 minute ago, Cramarossa said:

Stech juking out Ja. Benn in the process was beautiful.

I'd like to add El Chapo's (Chaput's) two goals vs. BUF and Burr's old trolling antics towards Lehner to my honorable mentions. That was a fun, hilarious game. Think I'll rewatch that one tonight.

Buffalo game(indeed, was the ol'Burr! :^)

Tampa (Millsy-larceny)

Ditto for Marky in Edmonchuk(mid-season)

Gettin off the schneid, vs the Rags. Recall buncha' slump-busters, 2nd half of game.

Outa' 82 tilts, sadly only about 15 or 20 were fairly enjoyable. As a blind man suddenly regaining sight, I was happy just to watch a fairly dismal season.

46 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

Totally forgot this, was awesome

Archived