The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4 Unforgettable Moments From 2016-17 ?

Nuxfanabroad

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Fergettaboutit!..As the mafia guys say in the movies, that's the expression which sums up our 2016-17 campaign. Yet for me personally, it was enjoyed. Was the first time I paid to watch games(being out of continent). Didn't want to relent(on principle) & give them crooked b*stards a dime..but I caved, my brothers.

So now finally, we enter a season with basically ZEErow(!) expectations. Might be best for our collective blood pressure? At any rate, I have a question regarding the debacle/29th place that was...

What are your 4 most memorable on-ice plays/incidents from last season?

1- Loui into an empty net..Game 1, no less. What one play could better symbolize as harbinger of what was to come?

2- Millsy to the rescue! ByGawd we hate Torrana!.. & our skinny little 'tender threw down his mitts to jump into the fray. Will prob go down as one of those all-time images(that camera angle behind RM), whenever we scroll thru recent teams/memories. Thanks Millsy.

3- Henrik with a beauty on Lu, for 1K. Another moment that'll always fully resonate, whenever we look back. Hopefully Danny's is just as epic.

4- Brock ROCKS Minny. Right from the pre-game with his folks(Willie was damn classy with that one). Our young sniper(with Hollywood looks) announces his arrival with a rebound-tally.

HM: The Bo-dog!

Larsen in Jersey. Thank God the kid didn't get stepped on. Would've gone down as one of the most terrible/gruesome things in sport history(Granny & Marky helped out, I believe?). League d*mn-well have better learned something there!

And the look on the face to go with it. 

loui-meme.png

2 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

In no particular order:

-Hank's 1000th point

-Bo's 20th goal

-Millsy stepping up to Martin

-The whole Hansen getting dropped and breaking ribs then stepping up to Kadri in response to injuring Danny who somehow still scored on the play. It was a wild sequence, but both our guys displayed the true heart of a Canuck in the process.

Honorable mentions:

-Granny's two-goal games vs the Flames, Flyers, and Bruins. Wish the team had been able to get him the hatty! Also loved his air guitar-like celly after shooting the OT winner vs DAL.

-Hutty's penalty shot OT winner

-Bo's first fight

All of these plus Stecher’s first NHL goal..

1 hour ago, Rocksterh8 said:

benningsurprise1.jpg

I Thought this was Jim when he realized he could get Kole Lind in the second round.

Favs from last year were:

1. Louie's first goal :lol:.

2. Henrik's 1000th goal.

3. Horvat's Fight.

4. Millsy sticking up for Troy and taking on Martin.

-Anytime Tryamkin was on the ice for sure.

-Mills going after Martin and his subsequent comments afterwards.

-Gudbranson dropping Martin to one knee with a great hook.

-Watching Horvat and Baer and Granlund.

-Seeing Stetcher, Godobin and Boeser come into their own.

-Last but not least the departure of Luca "The Pizza" Sbisa.

16 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

-Anytime Tryamkin was on the ice for sure.

-Mills going after Martin and his subsequent comments afterwards.

-Gudbranson dropping Martin to one knee with a great hook.

-Watching Horvat and Baer and Granlund.

-Seeing Stetcher, Godobin and Boeser come into their own.

-Last but not least the departure of Luca "The Pizza" Sbisa.

It's a 4 drink-limit at this bar of nostalgia :^)

My 5 highlights-

Stecher - I like surprises!

Baer and Granny really upped their game. Strong growth there, yup.

Bo grabbing the bull by the horns. 

Boeser!

Willy got his a§§ C.c.canned. 

Lowlights-

Erikksssssons first goal as a nuck. Sorry, first season as a nuck...."B.But he's so good on D"...Gagne me with a spoon

Sutter, the early season OT dynamo turned invisible man. Again, "...so good on d". Gagne me... 

Edler plays like he's 4ft tall and still manages to break more sticks than a street sweeper!

Gooooo Swede guy, who doesn't seem to give a f**k! Yaaaay!

The sad decline of two of my all time fav, skate-away head-down posse.

My greatest takeaway from the past season was the goaltending.

Miller was great. In my many years as a fan, that was some of the tightest netminding I've seen. Very few errors, and several games stolen.

But it was also Markstrom. He is a talented netminder in his own right, and plays his best when he's feeling confident. Massive frame, subtle movements. I think he and Nilsson will provide the necessary goaltending next year, with an upside for both guys to actually shine in some way.

Archived