The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #20

Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #20  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Current Ranking:

1. Brock Boeser (104 votes - 53.97%)

2. Elias Pettersson (84 votes - 44.44%)

3. Olli Juolevi (95 votes - 54.29%)

4. Thatcher Demko (165 votes - 77.83%)

5. Jonathan Dahlen (77 votes - 41.62%)

6. Adam Gaudette (70 votes - 37.84%)

7. Nikolay Goldobin (90 votes - 55.21%)

8. Jake Virtanen (123 votes - 72.78%)

9. Kole Lind (68 votes - 40.48%)

10. Guillaume Brisebois (57 votes - 36.54%)

11. Jonah Gadjovich (tiebreaker: 29 votes - 59.18%)

12. William Lockwood (91 votes - 66.42%)

13. Jordan Subban (47 votes - 37.9%)

14. Michael DiPietro (76 votes - 51.7%)

15. Evan McEneny (53 votes - 39.55%)

16. Petrus Palmu (25 votes - 19.38%)

17. Griffen Molino (25 votes - 22.12%)

18. Jalen Chatfield (22 votes - 19.82%)

19. Zack MacEwen (23 votes - 22.12%)

Eligible Prospects:

Rodrigo Abols
Matthew Brassard
Cole Candella
Michael Carcone
Cole Cassels
Anton Cederholm
Kristoffer Gunnarsson
Philip Holm
Lukas Jasek
Joseph LaBate
Yan-Pavel Laplante
Brett McKenzie
Andrey Pedan
Jack Rathbone
Ashton Sautner
Mackenzie Stewart
Jakub Stukel
Dmitri Zhukenov

Note: this will be the last poll. A final thread with the top 20 ranking will be posted at the conclusion of voting (within the next two days).

Wow, Rathbone, Jasek, Cassels, Gunnarson, Pedan, Zhuk, Sautner...6/7 of them aren't even going to crack our top 20 prospects list.

Couple years ago, Cassels/Pedan/Zhuk/Sautner would have all been in our top 10 pretty much, our prospect depth has come a hell of a long way. I think at least one of these 6 guys will turn into an NHL'er, probably not a top six or top 4 D, but some kind of NHL player.

3 hours ago, gino#29 said:

pedan and labate are years ahead of anyone else on that list,must be mostly WD fans voting.

Not sure I agree with your assessment of Pedan. Very unlikely he becomes a full time NHLer IMO. Labate on the other hand was one of our best players in training camp last year and looks to be a solid 4th liner with 3rd line upside as soon as this year. I've been voting for him for 4 rounds now.

5 hours ago, gino#29 said:

pedan and labate are years ahead of anyone else on that list,must be mostly WD fans voting.

I think the list is for the best prospect, not the fastest to the NHL, hence the voting.

Voted Zhukenov, kids got some unreal talent, hope he comes back in 2019 along with Tryamkin.

AMAZING to see how far our prospect pool has come in just a few years, props to Trevor, Jimbo and their staff.

I like Gunnarsson.  I liked it when Jim Benning said at the draft he thinks he is going to "play."  They had a little discussion about him spending 1 year in Sweden, 1 year in the AHL and maybe he could then step into the NHL.  Big, strong and isn't shy about things when they get rough.  Apparently he is very committed to fitness and physical training.

Archived