The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #20

Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #20  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Voted Zhukenov - again :mellow:

He does look like an interesting talent. It's been between him and Labate these last few rounds IMO but somehow these big time long shots keep getting picked. Not to say Zhukenov is a sure thing but he seems like a legit prospect.

17 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Note: this will be the last poll. A final thread with the top 20 ranking will be posted at the conclusion of voting (within the next two days).

Thanks for doing this, @Brad Marchand. It provided Canuck hockey "news" in an otherwise very slow period. Gave me something to check out every day. But I think stopping at 20 is the right call. At this stage we are up to do guys who are very long shots to become good NHL players, although chances are that at least one or two of the 18 guys on the current list still available in the poll will achieve that. (Each guy is a long shot, with maybe a 5% to 10% chance of becoming a good NHL player -- some more than others. But 18 long shots add up to a high likelihood of one or two guys making it.) I have Holm at this stage, given what he did in the SHL last year. I also like Rathbone, but obviously he is a long way away and won't even play in college next  year. But I would not be surprised to see him in the WJC in 2019.   And there are guys who are likely to get some time in the NHL this season, like Pedan and Labate, but are unlikely to ever be more than marginal players.

I voted for Zhukenov. He has the talent to be much higher on this list but I think people are concerned he might not return to North America. 

I'm also surprised at how few votes Jasek has been getting. He had a pretty good season and should have more opportunities this coming season on a new team. I guess it really just speaks to how much better our prospect pool has become when just recently these guys were pushing for top 10 spots.

Looks like Rathbone may be the #20. Surprising I think, as Pedan, Zhukenov, Labate and even Gunnarsson have or may play in the NHL sooner. It's great that the Canucks now have a prospect pool they can be proud of.

So, if Rathbone is the #20:

LW - Dahlen, Gadjovich, Molino

C - Pettersson, Gaudette, MacEwen

RW - Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen, Lind, Lockwood, Palmu

D - Juolevi, Brisebois, Subban, McEneny, Chatfield, Rathbone

G - Demko, DiPietro

Future looks good

48 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Looks like Rathbone may be the #20. Surprising I think, as Pedan, Zhukenov, Labate and even Gunnarsson have or may play in the NHL sooner. It's great that the Canucks now have a prospect pool they can be proud of.

So, if Rathbone is the #20:

LW - Dahlen, Gadjovich, Molino

C - Pettersson, Gaudette, MacEwen

RW - Boeser, Goldobin, Virtanen, Lind, Lockwood, Palmu

D - Juolevi, Brisebois, Subban, McEneny, Chatfield, Rathbone

G - Demko, DiPietro

Future looks good

I agree. Only negative I can see is we only have 1 top 4 D in our pool, unless some one heavily exceeds expectations. Other than that though we have at least one good prospect at every position, if not multiple options

9 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

I agree. Only negative I can see is we only have 1 top 4 D in our pool, unless some one heavily exceeds expectations. Other than that though we have at least one good prospect at every position, if not multiple options

Brisebois has all the tools to be a top 4.

He's got good size, excellent skating, and good hockey IQ. Hopefully he raises his stock in Utica this season.

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Brisebois has all the tools to be a top 4.

He's got good size, excellent skating, and good hockey IQ. Hopefully he raises his stock in Utica this season.

I agree, his progression has been super positive. I expect him to be a regular in Utica. 

i think labate and pedan have a good chance of being canuck regulars this season because the canucks have two guys on the roster that can deter the marchands of the league right now.one is coming of neck surgery,the other wrist surgery.fighting isn't completey out of the nhl yet,when it is they should call it the not hockey league.

Archived