The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Brendan Gaunce

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

meh, Utica, but he's cheap

Not a fan of Gaunce. Big dude who doesn't play very physical and can't score.

Well, he led forwards in hits. I think he had some bad puck luck, but is certainly capable of scoring. At worst, he's one of our better PKers, on a cheap contract. 

How about that 2012 draft though...

One of the highest scoring teams in the league with depth up front and Gillis takes a couple bottom 6 forwards in the first two rounds over D-men.

Thank god we snagged Hutton, but that draft could have shored up our D for the future had we taken Skjei and Severson.

Very pleased with this signing.

Obviously with his defensive stats and hockey IQ he can make himself a big part of this club going forward especially if he can generate on the score sheet as he has shown he is capable of doing in Utica.

I like his size and although not slow, I believe his goal was to get stronger and faster in the off season.

The only thing I would like to see  more of in his game is aggressive push back. When he gets shoved and cross checked around the opposition goal area I want to see him not necessarily drop the gloves but show the opponent he is not going to be pushed around. If he does that he will become a big favourite imo.

Archived