The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

9 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

You got to wait to draft him next year

it seems you guys dont understand my question

how can the sens sign him to a ELC IRL even he went undrafted this year IRL and he´s just 18 years old ...so draft eligible for 2 more years ??? IRL 

again ..i m not so into rules ..but in most fantasy leagues we cant sign prospects untill they turned into the age of 21 

thats why i´m asking 

36 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

this player went undrafted in this years draft IRL  ... and he´s just 18 years old 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=258162

We tried to sign Alexandre Fortin last year (after Chicago signed him IRL), but it turned out he was still draft eligible - we were SOL. Heck, someone here signed Calvin Thurkauf in the middle of the season, but when it turned out he was still draft eligible, it was cancelled.

If they're draft-eligible age, you have to draft them. Once they're old enough, you can just sign them.

35 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

how can the sens sign him to a ELC IRL even he went undrafted this year IRL and he´s just 18 years old ...so draft eligible for 2 more years ??? IRL 

again ..i m not so into rules ..but in most fantasy leagues we cant sign prospects untill they turned into the age of 21 

thats why i´m asking 

IRL teams have a window after the draft to sign guys who went undrafted, even if they would have been eligible for the following draft. No such option exists in this league (or CDCFL, or any others that I'm aware of).

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

IRL teams have a window after the draft to sign guys who went undrafted, even if they would have been eligible for the following draft. No such option exists in this league (or CDCFL, or any others that I'm aware of).

thanks sir

this was what i wanted to know  ..now i´m a bit smarter again :)

53 minutes ago, D-Money said:

We tried to sign Alexandre Fortin last year (after Chicago signed him IRL), but it turned out he was still draft eligible - we were SOL. Heck, someone here signed Calvin Thurkauf in the middle of the season, but when it turned out he was still draft eligible, it was cancelled.

If they're draft-eligible age, you have to draft them. Once they're old enough, you can just sign them.

Don't remind me! :angry:

1 hour ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

thats why i´m asking 

I have been knocked back by @thejazz97 for signing an undrafted guy.  Because he was still eligible next year (barely).

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have been knocked back by @thejazz97 for signing an undrafted guy.  Because he was still eligible next year (barely).

i was just curious because we cant sign undrafted prospects in this age in any fantasy league here on cdc

only guys who are 20  who turns into 21 before the next draft 

i havent knewn that IRL teams can sign undrafted players in this age  ...but i got my answer now 

3 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

i was just curious because we cant sign undrafted prospects in this age in any fantasy league here on cdc

only guys who are 20  who turns into 21 before the next draft 

i havent knewn that IRL teams can sign undrafted players in this age  ...but i got my answer now 

I signed a FA in FL who is still 19, but turns 20 by the end of the calendar year - but he's still draft-eligible in Puck.

There's a specific cut-off date, that is different between each league. I think in Puck a player had to have turned 20 by September 1st, 2017 to be ineligible for the 2018 draft and eligible for a FA offer...but I'm not certain. (In FL it's if they are 20 by December 31, 2017 - so about 4 months difference.)

Maybe a commish can confirm, because I couldn't find anything specified in the OPs.

29 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

Sandberg with a goal , Blais seems very impressing so far , Subban seems solid , Franson also seems solid and closer to a NHL  Contract .....

hope for some surprisesout of the camp 

Subban who? I assume you mean PK or Malcolm, because Jordan Subban looks Yannick Weber-esque in his own end. He is literally a goal-on-a-plate-a-game right now, and he's not even up against full NHL teams. I've seen enough to say trade him.

1 minute ago, Captain Azzy said:

Subban who? I assume you mean PK or Malcolm, because Jordan Subban looks Yannick Weber-esque in his own end. He is literally a goal-on-a-plate-a-game right now, and he's not even up against full NHL teams. I've seen enough to say trade him.

:huh::ph34r: yeah .. i mean jordan 

lol

26 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

Kid seems likable... I think we should be patient with him. If we're to trade him, you'd think Nashville would give us the best return? How about... 

Sutter + Jordan Subban to Nashville 

for 

Big Game Bonino? 

Obviously they'd never do it and would look horrible for them trying to sign UFA's in the future, but just a thought... would love to see BIG GAME back here :P

Don't see Jordan getting us anything more than a 3rd or 4th rounder at this stage of his career. 

On 9/15/2017 at 8:36 AM, Captain Azzy said:

JYRKI JOKIPAKKA - 3 years, $1.25m AAV

@morrissex95 and @Sygvard, plus Syggy's minions @Sestito'sHandMadeVodka and @GillisFace have 7 days to match the offers.

No compensation will be due from @apollo.

He is all yours @apollo. Jyrki has looked slow and hesitant on his try-out so far. The eye test matches what the stats are singing. If he does make it as a player, I just don't think it will be as a relevant one. But I think that roster spot goes to Bowey year anyways. 

The Buffalo Sabres do not match the offer. We wish Jokki a long and lustrous career as Sbesus' mustache groomer. 

1 minute ago, Sygvard said:

He is all yours @apollo. Jyrki has looked slow and hesitant on his try-out so far. The eye test matches what the stats are singing. If he does make it as a player, I just don't think it will be as a relevant one. But I think that roster spot goes to Bowey year anyways. 

The Buffalo Sabres do not match the offer. We wish Jokki a long and lustrous career as Sbesus' mustache groomer. 

Bowey ^_^::D

Archived