The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

3 minutes ago, Sygvard said:

God this one makes me so nervous. I am hoping that we are selling high after an unlikely rookie hot streak, and not selling low at the start of a sparkling career. Either way, D-Money will get his waiver free impact player this year. It makes me feel better that Heinen largely came out of nowhere on my radar; both him and the returning assets feel like found money. 

As a team that still doesn't have the depth to ice a full roster every night, it was hard to pass this up. Brock and Connor let us flesh out some empty roster spots with young players on good/upcoming teams without sacrificing production. Neither have game breaking talent, but both show well in the system. Woll is someone we have had our eye on for a while. As we continue to ice a goalie-less roster every night, it is nice to bring in someone that we consider a real A goalie prospect. Joseph is the 4th solid goalie prospect we have brought into the system this year: somewhere in there is our solution in net. 

Thanks again to @D-Money and @Monty. Transparent is a good word. It is always nice to lay out concerns and targets without having to posture. Extra shout-out to AGM @Sestito'sHandMadeVodka for his insider Leafs scouting. Carrick and Woll are his babies on this one. 

Yeah it was a bit of a stumbling point for me, the terrible streak Carrick has been on. But he had a great game against Ottawa. And hopefully will play good minutes on Toronto's third pairing for a while, if my roster predictions are correct. 

I figured this deal was okay to make because I think the McGinn/Heinen difference is much smaller than it looks. Here's hoping. 

Might as well stir the pot as this week is not going to be too busy for me.

Will explore trade options for the following players. Not looking to dilute assets at all with picks and lesser prospects and would be looking for something more lateral age wise. In other words, just message because the worse that can happen is me rejecting ;).

Sam Reinhart

Christian Dvorak

Jordan Staal

Nathan Beaulieu

Shane Bowers

and many more, just message LOL. 

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To ARZ: Cory Schneider ($1.5m ret. for 2017-18)

small.png  To DET: Ilya Samsonov, 2018 DAL 1st, 2018 NJD 3rd

Um, yeah. A little rough giving up two relatively high picks in such a strong year, but Schneider is worth it in the long run, having a Schneider/Subban combo. 

We’ll now be looking to trade Halak, as well as trying to recoup some picks for later rounds - Jackson Cressey, Santeri Virtanen, Anton Blidh, Max McCormick, Keegan Kanzig, Mark Rubinchik, Alexei Bereglazov can all be had for 4th or 5th round picks.

24 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Hefty price for Luongo's butler. Heh :P

Jokes aside Cory's had himself a nice career... I gotta respect him more now. Incredible save % in his career... perhaps NJ acquires Sedins @ the TDL this year and wins a cup?! Then Sedins re-sign in Van - both 1 year 1 million... home town discounts! 

I'm thinking... 

TO NJD
Henrik 50% retained 3.5mill

Daniel 7 mill 

(Van can only retain salary on one more player) 

TO VAN 

Ryan Clowe, 2018 3rd Round Pick, 2019 3rd Round Pick, 2019 4th Round Pick

**Conditional... 3rd round picks become 1st round picks if NJD wins the cup) 

Then July 1st, Sign Tavares to a 3 year 12.5 Million dollar deal. Re-sign both Sedins at 1 mill. Easy cup. 

3 minutes ago, somethingvery said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg.a6b8ca7b00dcca6295466cd99eb07a59.jpg

To ARZ: 2019 NYR 5th

To NYR: Anton Blidh

Thanks to Jazz for the quick talks, and to SV for posting.

Seemed like an affordable price for a young player with NHL experience. Hoping he can make his way back on to the big squad.

21 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Um, yeah. A little rough giving up two relatively high picks in such a strong year, but Schneider is worth it in the long run, having a Schneider/Subban combo. 

Over/under on this being... 3 months? A lot easier giving up those when you have Demko as well.

Good trade guys. A little Jealous.

Just now, Art Vandelay said:

Over/under on this being... 3 months? A lot easier giving up those when you have Demko as well.

Good trade guys. A little Jealous.

I was telling @Master Mind that I’ve got something like 60 draft targets already with a lot that I expect to be outside the 1st round. Hence why I want to have a lot of picks :P 

But also, I’m looking to contend, and having NJ/VGK is looking like a solid combo, especially with Demko and even Fitzpatrick in the pipeline. And then there’s always the hope Zagidulin comes over to NA and tears up the NHL ;) 

2 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I was telling @Master Mind that I’ve got something like 60 draft targets already with a lot that I expect to be outside the 1st round. Hence why I want to have a lot of picks :P 

But also, I’m looking to contend, and having NJ/VGK is looking like a solid combo, especially with Demko and even Fitzpatrick in the pipeline. And then there’s always the hope Zagidulin comes over to NA and tears up the NHL ;) 

Plz don't steal my russians

43 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Very quick negotiations, thank you Jazz! Also thanks to Cory for his time here. We needed a young stud goalie, and to get that you're going to need to move a current stud.

Dunno how many people would be down for this, but I am hoping there will be interest. I have created a server on discord..a chat app that you can use on PC and download on your mobile device. I uae it quite a bit for other leagues and it is a great way to get trade done quicker ;) lol. 

https://discord.gg/s2fGDn

That is the invite link. If you wanna give it a try for this league join up. Thought I would try something different!

10 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

I’ve got something like 60 draft targets already with a lot that I expect to be outside the 1st round.

At least 28 of em', right? :lol::lol::lol:

•  
  • 15,257 posts
11 hours ago, Master Mind said:

We’ll now be looking to trade Halak

Man, you're a crazy muther @thejazz97

I don't know why you wouldn't keep Halak...

Archived