The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

9 hours ago, oldnews said:

Thanks to the commish team:

- MM, Cap'n, tj87, sv -

for all the admin work in keeping the league running smoothly.

You guys do a great job.

The last month/6 weeks has been MM, SV and JZ - I've not done anything during this amazing stretch other than trade with you :lol:

They are an absolutely fantastic team, all chipping in to help each other. This is definitely a league run by the people, for the people.

13 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png To VGK: Kevin Hayes + Phillip Holm + Connor Bunnaman + Mike Vecchione

small.png To CHI: David Krejci (50% retention for 2017/18 and 2018/19) + Matt Hendricks + Tyler Gaudet

13 hours ago, canucklax said:

Umm, why does Vegas do this?

12 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I recall ''I hate that MOFO, worthless piece O'shat, Krejci posts by Capn. 

I wonder if that had anything to do with it?  :rolleyes:

- Krejci's on that $7.25m contract until 2021

- Hendricks is an impending UFA and might not see much ice time with the acquisition of Stastny by the IRL Jets

- Gaudet was a contract, nothing more

In exchange:

- Hayes is much cheaper, and scoring at nearly PPG over the last 10-12 games as the Rangers have changed tack

- Holm was never going to get a shot in VAN, but with VGK he could push for a roster spot next year

- Bunnaman is a solid OHL player, and being C on Kitchener shows he's a character guy and stands a good shot at an NHL career

- Vecchione was a 2017 Hobey Baker nominee, played college with Ghost Bear, and has had a good 1st season in the AHL. He's looking good for a roster spot next season.

So I get younger with Hayes - and with Krejci's injury problems, I get as many pool points from him as Krejci despite the lower FPs/G - and for the two unnecessary vets, three potential NHL players.

I'm perfectly happy with the deal :)

3 hours ago, somethingvery said:

Jost was indeed a coveted player we didn't want to give up. However, with a desire to gain some further Vegas coverage for this year's playoffs, and with Tatar being traded there and on a 50% retained contract for the next 4 years, the Blackhawks couldn't pass him along with the 2019 1st up. 

I think Tatar is way better than most give him credit for - he's spent a lot of his career on a struggling Detroit team, still been close to 50 points every season, and I don't think Blashill is a great coach. Could do really really well in vegas.

Chicago Blackhawks off season talks

Although the deadline is less than 24 hours past, the Blackhawks wish to announce that we have potentially available some excellent value players, (playoff teams, high fpts scoring-to-cap ratio) for those teams looking to get ahead of filling out their rosters. 

May or may not be willing to part with: 

° a top league team's goaltender

° extremely cheap contracted defensemen who score plenty intangible fantasy points (these are the  unsung value playoff players that score even higher in the playoffs) 

° great top 6 forwards and/or bottom 6 high fantasy scoring grinders. 

Trades will not be put through until after the post season, but talks will or have already begun so if you want the best of the bunch, PM me with your trade ideas. 

9 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

- Krejci's on that $7.25m contract until 2021

- Hendricks is an impending UFA and might not see much ice time with the acquisition of Stastny by the IRL Jets

- Gaudet was a contract, nothing more

In exchange:

- Hayes is much cheaper, and scoring at nearly PPG over the last 10-12 games as the Rangers have changed tack

- Holm was never going to get a shot in VAN, but with VGK he could push for a roster spot next year

- Bunnaman is a solid OHL player, and being C on Kitchener shows he's a character guy and stands a good shot at an NHL career

- Vecchione was a 2017 Hobey Baker nominee, played college with Ghost Bear, and has had a good 1st season in the AHL. He's looking good for a roster spot next season.

So I get younger with Hayes - and with Krejci's injury problems, I get as many pool points from him as Krejci despite the lower FPs/G - and for the two unnecessary vets, three potential NHL players.

I'm perfectly happy with the deal :)

Whaaaat?! I want a do-over, I got Azzy-ed again! :P

16 minutes ago, somethingvery said:

Whaaaat?! I want a do-over, I got Azzy-ed again! :P

I was just going from my perspective you understand. From yours:

- Acquired a top 6, balding center on a loathesome pukefest of a team that we all hope sees a quick 1st round exit;

- Acquired a bottom six gritty forward whose own family must hate him, such is the burden he places on those around him;

- Acquired a guy whom most NHL fans assumed retired three years ago.

- Gave away a hulking colossus of a versatile forward who's now playing bigger minutes and coming into his prime years;

- Gave away the sexiest Scandinavian D since Jyrki Lumme played for the Nucks;

- Gave away a guy with some of the best hair in the O;

- Gave away a guy who cried (with happiness) when he signed with the Flyers.

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, somethingvery said:

Winnipeg Jets off season talks

Although the deadline is less than 24 hours past, the Jets wish to announce that we have potentially available some excellent value players, (playoff teams, high fpts scoring-to-cap ratio) for those teams looking to get ahead of filling out their rosters. 

May or may not be willing to part with:

Will be willling to part with:

many assets of all varieties!!

Trades will not be put through until after the post season, but talks will or have already begun so if you want the best of the bunch, Ignore sv - PM me with your trade ideas. 

ftfy

Columbus is also open to getting a jump on off-season talks. We are going to retool a bit in the offseason, and perhaps not "go for it" quite as hard next year. In particular, we're open to hearing offers on the following:

Joe Pavelski - C,LW,RW - 4.68 Fpts/game

His average for the year doesn't really do him justice, as earlier in the year he was playing through an injury. He's firing at 100% now, and in the last month has been over 6.5 Fpts/game. Last year he scored 5.4 Fpts/game, and previously over 6, so he's a consistent fantasy point monster. Plays all 3 forward positions, on a perennial playoff team.

Matt Niskanen - D - 4.00 Fpts/game

Like Pavelski, Niskanen had some injury trouble earlier in the year, but has picked up his game in the 2nd half, being over 4.6 Fpts/game in the last month. Also on a perennial playoff team.

Patrick Marleau - C,LW - 3.24 Fpts/game

The Leafs had a tough stretch in December, which hurt Patrick's production, but both him and the team has been great in 2018. Many view the Leafs as a contender next year, and Marleau has a history of taking his game to a higher level in the playoffs. 25% of his salary is retained next year.

Brian Gibbons - C,LW,RW - 3.62 Fpts/game

Brian was having a fantastic season before being sidelined by a thumb injury. He is scheduled to be back soon, and the Devils are doing looking great this year and going forward. Signed next year for a very affordable $1.75 million, and plays all 3 positions.

We're open to ideas, but generally we are looking to shed a little salary, and replenish our picks/prospects. We would like to add at least 1 young roster D-man though, particularly if we move Niskanen.

If anyone is looking to acquire more picks in this draft, Colorado is looking to consolidate and acquire earlier picks for packages of later picks. Could also involve prospects Riley Tufte and Robin Salo to get high picks.

1 minute ago, canucklax said:

If anyone is looking to acquire more picks in this draft, Colorado is looking to consolidate and acquire earlier picks for packages of later picks. Could also involve prospects Riley Tufte and Robin Salo to get high picks.

Just don’t get too crazy like I did! :lol:

16 minutes ago, canucklax said:

I learned at a young age that the best teacher is someone else's mistakes ;)

Not sure it was a mistake, as I got Tatar for 2 3rds and flipped him (with a 1st) to eventually get Jost, 2 3rds, and Gauthier.

Couldn’t have gotten Tatar without doing those deals. Couldn’t have gotten Jost without Tatar. Though maybe better value next time!

8 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Not sure it was a mistake, as I got Tatar for 2 3rds and flipped him (with a 1st) to eventually get Jost, 2 3rds, and Gauthier.

Couldn’t have gotten Tatar without doing those deals. Couldn’t have gotten Jost without Tatar. Though maybe better value next time!

I was just chirping, Tatar was a nicely done move. I was worried at the deadline that you got more 3rds than me after the mega-deal but luckily I am still ahead in quantity (for now).

And it looks like the winner of the Malkin sweepstakes is.... me! Time ran out on some talks, but I'm perfectly happy to keep him, and have a very heavy Metro-based lineup. Spooner leaving Boston really hurt, and I couldn't find a similar replacement, so we'll see how this group does. As it stands:

Blue = Playoffs

Black = Bubble

Red = No playoffs

Giroux - Malkin - Kuznetsov

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund

Connolly - Johnson - Karlsson

Foligno - Beagle - Hansen

Elie, Caggiula, Johnston, Hyka

Ellis - Brodin

Edmondson - Schmidt

Folin - Kulikov

Pelech, DeMelo, Dunn, Dotchin

Lundqvist

Raanta

Forsberg, Lagace

Would be great if Minny, SJS, and STL make it.

Archived